Live coverage from Apple's WWDC 2010 keynote presentation

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Click here for live coverage of Apple's 2010 WWDC keynote presented by chief executive Steve Jobs.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    dfilerdfiler Posts: 3,420member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

Click here for live coverage of Apple's 2010 WWDC keynote presented by chief executive Steve Jobs.

There's something wrong with the AI forum...

There is nothing to click in the posted message. However, the url to the original article does show up when that message is quoted in a reply. Bizarre.

Now that i've quoted the original post. I can click on the link to the article and then click on the click here link...
  • Reply 2 of 12
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Here is a great use for Flash that modern open standards can't yet match with the same ease across multiple browsers. A year from now, I have a feeling that will be a different story.
  • Reply 3 of 12
    steviestevie Posts: 956member
    Quote:

Friggin thing don't work.
  • Reply 4 of 12
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Stevie View Post

Friggin thing don't work.

Works fine for me.
  • Reply 5 of 12
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Works fine for me.

Yep. Got it now.
  • Reply 6 of 12
    debusohdebusoh Posts: 85member
    I was somehow hoping for more. The new phone looks very cool, but I was hoping for some more product updates.
  • Reply 7 of 12
    webraiderwebraider Posts: 163member
    Quote:

I guess it's time to sell my Mac. If it's not important enough for Apple to mention at this conference, It's not important. No major hardware update. No announced support for BluRay. NOTHING...
  • Reply 8 of 12
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by debusoh View Post

I was somehow hoping for more. The new phone looks very cool, but I was hoping for some more product updates.

The new phone is way cooler than I had expected. I am impressed.

The screen looks great, and the gyro is (I hope!) truly awesome.
  • Reply 9 of 12
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by webraider View Post

I guess it's time to sell my Mac. If it's not important enough for Apple to mention at this conference, It's not important. No major hardware update. No announced support for BluRay. NOTHING...

I would expect Mac development to slow WAY down from here on in. Apple has met with unprecedented success with its non-computer products, far beyond anything they ever did with computers. I wouldn't expect that the best and brightest people at Apple work on the Mac anymore.
  • Reply 10 of 12
    axolotlaxolotl Posts: 14member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Stevie View Post

I would expect Mac development to slow WAY down from here on in. Apple has met with unprecedented success with its non-computer products, far beyond anything they ever did with computers. I wouldn't expect that the best and brightest people at Apple work on the Mac anymore.

I agree. Sure, phones are nice, and also those apps, but I hoped something about iWork 10, or the mac mini, or anything about computers.

Oh, well. I guess that's why they renamed the company to Apple Inc.
  • Reply 11 of 12
    dfilerdfiler Posts: 3,420member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Axolotl View Post

I agree. Sure, phones are nice, and also those apps, but I hoped something about iWork 10, or the mac mini, or anything about computers.

Oh, well. I guess that's why they renamed the company to Apple Inc.

Developers at the world wide developer conference are probably more interested in stuff that actually affects them. A new office suite or mini wouldn't change anything for them. Details about the rapidly evolving iOS (and the hardware it runs on) is far more critical to their profession.
  • Reply 12 of 12
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Apparently the site administrators didn't see the irony in using Flash for their live blogging when most of their pundits hammer on Flash any chance they get.