And The Oscar Goes To...?

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 68
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    [quote]Originally posted by glurx:

<strong>It's always fun to watch rich egomaniacs act like fools.</strong><hr></blockquote>I always enjoy watching them try to smile as the other people win the award.
  • Reply 62 of 68
    falconfalcon Posts: 458member
    God I just watched In the Bedroom.

Im not afraid to admit that I cried.
  • Reply 63 of 68
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    I didn't cry, but it was one of the most emotionally draining movies I've ever seen.

When he's sitting and waiting for the bridge to finish turning towards the end... jeez... felt like it took hours to get past that scene.

Fantastic movie.
  • Reply 64 of 68
    Yes it was a very emotionaly draining movie. I did have more than a few tears in my eye at certain scenes. Like the first poker game after the son is killed. And the parents fight in the kitchen (who else thought that the girl scout cookies girl at the door was just brilliant). I loved the down to earth nature of the movie. And the acting was just so good.

The dialogue was so simplistic that you could expect to hear in your own home.

It definately was not a feel good movie, but was an almost real look into the cycle of grief that is experienced by parents who loose their children. (the ending not withstanding)
  • Reply 65 of 68
    I didn't cry, but it was one of the most emotionally draining movies I've ever seen

Go see Requiem for a Dream.

All I wanted at the end of this flick was to curl up into a fetal position...
  • Reply 66 of 68
    I love movies that just get in you. Long after you have finnished watching it, the movie still hangs heavily over you. You replay the scenes over and over again in your mind, you just cant get it out of your head.

Movies like FF:TSW and In the Bedroom do this, at least to me.

Yeah im a sucker for romatic tragedies.
  • Reply 67 of 68
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    The only not-wins that I am dissapointed with (not having seen ..Mind though I bet its mawkish tripe as would befitt Howard)

are:

Sexy Beast for supporting-actor (it was so so so obviouse, all of the acting in that movie was from a standard about five tiers higher than anything seen this year ...maybe even for years... all of its acting!!!!!)

and that piece of shiite: Shrek beating Monsters Inc.

oh yeah and the British woman who played in that detecctive series and in Gosford Park should have won for supporting actress.

Didn't see Halle Barry act, but her performance at the Oscars was embarrassing!!! all of her non stop snivelling and fake crying was painfull and went on for ever... what a ham.

Sissy Spacek was overrated in In THe Bedroom: her acting was very perceptably self consciouse: the real actor in that movie was the father guy (forget his name)