Grover and seb, your man made a good showing tonight

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Ralph Nader was on the Daily Show tonight, in case you guys didn't know. He was really good. Honestly, when he does serious interviews, Jon Stewart is as good as *anyone* in the news business for asking questions that get to the bottom of things. Hope he runs again next election. After some of the corporate debacles this year he's sure to pull even more left-leaners away from the Democratic Party.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 17
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Ralph Nader's Favorite Band= Pearl Jam

He's got my vote
  • Reply 2 of 17
    Ralph Nader should seriously swallow his pride and try and run on the Democratic ticket. It's the only way he'd seriously have a chance, and I think he'd do rather well.
  • Reply 3 of 17
    I am not alone! Nader and Pearl Jam, woohoo!
  • Reply 4 of 17
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    Nader is, by a long-shot, the most intelligent presidential candidate we've had in a long long while.
  • Reply 5 of 17
    [quote]Originally posted by groverat:

<strong>Nader is, by a long-shot, the most intelligent presidential candidate we've had in a long long while.</strong><hr></blockquote>

but he just doesnt have the sex appeal...
  • Reply 6 of 17
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    He might just be the first asexual human being created... aside from Morrisey.
  • Reply 7 of 17
    Just watched it here on the west coast. Great interview.
  • Reply 8 of 17
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    I not so sure Nader is that smart. He was here a while ago for a talk. He preaches to the converted, which, appart from rioters, is an increasingly innefectual 'converted' at that. People don't care about his politics and a smart man with political aspirations ought to understand what people care about. He should be a college professor/author/lecturer but he isn't a politician no matter how much he pretends.
  • Reply 9 of 17
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    Nader rocks. At least he doesn't have a partisan interest behind him pulling the strings.
  • Reply 10 of 17
    I not so sure Nader is that smart. He was here a while ago for a talk. He preaches to the converted, which, appart from rioters, is an increasingly innefectual 'converted' at that. People don't care about his politics and a smart man with political aspirations ought to understand what people care about. He should be a college professor/author/lecturer but he isn't a politician no matter how much he pretends.

This coming from a Canadian talking about an American politician...
  • Reply 11 of 17
    [quote]Originally posted by crawlingparanoia:

<strong>Ralph Nader should seriously swallow his pride and try and run on the Democratic ticket. It's the only way he'd seriously have a chance, and I think he'd do rather well.</strong><hr></blockquote>

no... sorry. He would never do that.
  • Reply 12 of 17
    I agree, Nader is great. Had I been voting (I dont, I live in Canada and its a BITCH to go vote in American elections when your NOT in the country) I would have voted for him.

Better than both Gore and Bush combined. Of course that means percisley... jack squat.
  • Reply 13 of 17
    If you add 0+0 you still get 0.

• Reply 14 of 17
    I had the good fortune of seeing Nader and a journalist with This Hour Has Seven Days (a controversial '60s CBC newsmagazine) absolutely burning a representative from AMC on the issue of car safety.

I wouldn't mind if Nader ran here.
  • Reply 15 of 17
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Wow. I would have thought that Nader was bad company in US after 911. Have he made any statements regarding terrorism (Afghanistan, Iran, Israel, domestic security and liberal rights) and the war?
  • Reply 16 of 17
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    DP

[ 02-15-2002: Message edited by: Anders ]</p>
  • Reply 17 of 17
    I remember him on O'Reilly talking about it.