Ultimate proof that CNN is totally US-centric

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 33
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    [quote]Originally posted by Artman @_@:

<strong>

Hey ZO. Get a life. Preferably in your own boring stupid country for God's sake.

</strong><hr></blockquote>

Hmm, I seem to have touched a country music fan's nerve. And yes, btw, this is a boring and stupid country... I dont like it much myself. Funny thing is that American's love coming here (esp college students) because there are so many different types of beer and it actually costs less than water (how pathetic... the prices I mean).

And just as a reminder, LOCATION in the description doesnt necessarily mean what ethnic background you have but more WHERE you are. Cripes, Im from NYC!!! I just live here.

<strong> [quote]

Waylon Jennings was a legend in country music. Only Johnny Cash is left and Faith Hill is the bitch of country bullshit you hear now on the radio. You have a problem with CNN and American News? So do I. It's all bullshit. Most people here will bow to all of Bill O'Reilly's spittle. But that's not my fault or yours...so shut up.</strong><hr></blockquote>

? umm... ok.
  • Reply 22 of 33
    [quote]Originally posted by ZO:

<strong>Hmm, I seem to have touched a country music fan's nerve. And yes, btw, this is a boring and stupid country... I dont like it much myself. Funny thing is that American's love coming here (esp college students) because there are so many different types of beer and it actually costs less than water (how pathetic... the prices I mean).</strong><hr></blockquote>

And the stupidity of them for traveling to Belgium just to get drunk.

[quote]<strong>And just as a reminder, LOCATION in the description doesnt necessarily mean what ethnic background you have but more WHERE you are. Cripes, Im from NYC!!! I just live here.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I feel sorry for you. Really, just get a better news source..
  • Reply 23 of 33
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    _alliance_ said:

the average american is an idiot.

You call most american idiots and you're calling me dense? Man I hope for your sake you're above average as well as your whole family and all your friends. Idiot is a term people like to throw around now a days...
  • Reply 24 of 33
    [quote]Originally posted by Outsider:

<strong>_alliance_ said:

the average american is an idiot.

You call most american idiots and you're calling me dense? Man I hope for your sake you're above average as well as your whole family and all your friends. Idiot is a term people like to throw around now a days...</strong><hr></blockquote>

yes, u are correct. i am an arrogant bastard. there a problem w/ that??? unlike most people, i can backup what i say...
  • Reply 25 of 33
    yes, u are correct. i am an arrogant bastard. there a problem w/ that??? unlike most people, i can backup what i say...

First off, don't put words in my mouth, i didn't call you an arrogant bastard (how would I know if your parents were married when you were born).

Secondly, prove that the average american has an IQ of less than 70 (or is it 60). I mean, that's the official definition of 'idiot'.
  • Reply 26 of 33
    Actually, <a href="http://plaza.powersurfr.com/delajara/IQBasics.html"; target="_blank">an idiot has an IQ below 20</a>.
  • Reply 26 of 33

<strong>yes, u are correct. i am an arrogant bastard. there a problem w/ that??? unlike most people, i can backup what i say...

First off, don't put words in my mouth, i didn't call you an arrogant bastard (how would I know if your parents were married when you were born).

Secondly, prove that the average american has an IQ of less than 70 (or is it 60). I mean, that's the official definition of 'idiot'.</strong><hr></blockquote>

i never said u called me an arrogant bastard. i called myself that.

everyone i know realizes thats how i am. it feeds my ambition.

good one, though w/ the marriage thing.

second, most americans are blind sheep. they do what they are told, and most never think fer themselves. they learn everything from whats on tv, and even those fortunate enuff to go to college dont impress me. i run into some very bright people occasionally here at college, but most people are idiots. and just walk around town sometime and tell me u dont feel that u are surrounded by retards. the complete ignorance in the average citizen sickens me.

[ 02-14-2002: Message edited by: _ alliance _ ]</p>
  • Reply 28 of 33
    All right I'll give you the last paragraph (I work in end user support at a 1000+ computer company. i know retarded users), but give people the benefit of the doubt.

(EDIT: wait a minute... you go to COLLEGE? That explains your perception of the average american. Most college kids ARE idiots.)

[ 02-14-2002: Message edited by: Outsider ]</p>
  • Reply 29 of 33

<strong>All right I'll give you the last paragraph (I work in end user support at a 1000+ computer company. i know retarded users), but give people the benefit of the doubt.

(EDIT: wait a minute... you go to COLLEGE? That explains your perception of the average american. Most college kids ARE idiots.)

[ 02-14-2002: Message edited by: Outsider ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

not just that. ive had to deal w/ so many idiots its not funny. my past couple jobs involved dealing w/ people, and although some actually listened and thought fer themselves, most had no fu**ing clue what was going on...

this is one of the reasons i want to go into vet medicine instead of becoming an MD. sometimes i think dogs and cats think for themselves more than the average person i run into...and they sure are a hell of a lot more grateful.

or maybe ill just feel sorry fer them and try to help where they have failed...

i havent decided yet...
  • Reply 30 of 33
    Hmmm, actually the average American has an IQ of very nearly exactly 100 so the problem isn't with IQ or native intelligence. I think you could make a pretty good argument, though, that there are lots of people in this country who are culturally and historically illiterate, and very nearly LITERALLY illiterate, but that's not an IQ thing.
  • Reply 31 of 33

<strong>Actually, <a href="http://plaza.powersurfr.com/delajara/IQBasics.html"; target="_blank">an idiot has an IQ below 20</a>.</strong><hr></blockquote>

That's one of the funniest damn things I've ever seen. It's great to see a chart giving clinical definitions of "moron" and "imbecile" and "idiot."

Hey, maybe sometime I'll actually call somebody "idiot" only to have them reply, "Actually, I'll have you know I'm only an imbecile."
  • Reply 32 of 33
    Who the hell cares who the Prime Minister of Belguim is?
  • Reply 33 of 33
    [quote]Originally posted by CaseCom:

<strong>What, you don't get "Dukes of Hazzard" reruns in Belgium?

</strong><hr></blockquote>

They are probbally still watching

BayWatch reruns.

[ 02-14-2002: Message edited by: ThinkingDifferent ]</p>