Microsoft store to face off against Apple iPhone 4 launch

Comments

• Reply 141 of 234
    robin huberrobin huber Posts: 3,958member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iReality85 View Post

But its nice to see you vehemently defend Apple lanyards. Lanyards. Now I've heard it all.

Hey, you brought them up, thinking them worthy of a negative comment. So why give smack for responding?

Or, maybe I should have said: "But it's nice to see you gratuitously ridiculing Apple lanyards. Lanyards. Now I've seen it all."
  • Reply 142 of 234
    steviestevie Posts: 956member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mark Dodel View Post

Anyone know if I can take a pre-installed copy of Windows back to the Microsoft store and get a refund?

That seems unlikely. And I think that buying the pre-installed Linux version of the computer would make more sense.

If someone were to ask Apple to return their pre-installed OS for a refund, what would the response be?
  • Reply 143 of 234
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post

LOL it's a gaming console. Video games. Big deal.

I was under the impression that the video game hardware and software industry was worth many, many billions of dollars, and accounted for one of America's most successful export products.

Am I wrong?
  • Reply 144 of 234
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by danvid36 View Post

Fastest OS in the world???Look at my machine specs and what I have installed there. SL is definitely faster on this hardware than Windows 7. I am an IT pro but when I am home I don't want to touch Windows except when I need to run Testout or Actual Test. Linux Mint fluxbox also kicks Win7 ass on my machine and it was built by me with the highest quality components.

"Sell the fastest selling OS of the world aka Windows 7"

Glad that you are an IT pro.
  • Reply 145 of 234
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iReality85 View Post

Lanyards. Now I've heard it all.

You are an optimist. My cynical guess is that we ain't heard nothing yet.
  • Reply 146 of 234
    quadra 610quadra 610 Posts: 6,757member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Stevie View Post

I was under the impression that the video game hardware and software industry was worth many, many billions of dollars, and accounted for one of America's most successful export products.

Am I wrong?

If I cared about Crysis or Assassin's Creed or whatever the latest one is, maybe I'd give a damn.
  • Reply 147 of 234
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Doctor David View Post

Pain and misery.

• Reply 148 of 234
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Stevie View Post

"Sell the fastest selling OS of the world aka Windows 7"

Glad that you are an IT pro.

I sure am glad of it. Trolling can't possibly make you much money.
  • Reply 149 of 234
    robin huberrobin huber Posts: 3,958member
    Have a little sympathy for Stevie and the other Windows/PC fans who post here. Imagine how galling it must be to see the little company that you almost drove out of business rise up to become a worthy rival, and to eat your lunch in some areas. It used to be the other way around: lonely Apple fans nipping at the heels of big bad MS on forums, being roundly ridiculed. Cut them a little slack and let them vent.
  • Reply 150 of 234
    stonefreestonefree Posts: 242member
    They're probably giving away free Lady Gaga tickets or something to generate lines bigger than the iPhone launch.
  • Reply 151 of 234
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by stonefree View Post

They're probably giving away free Lady Gaga tickets or something to generate lines bigger than the iPhone launch.

They're giving away a year free of Norton Anti-Virus and a giving a free lesson on how to Defrag your HDD.
  • Reply 152 of 234
    stonefreestonefree Posts: 242member
    Or free Vista to XP downgrades.
  • Reply 153 of 234
    mkeathmkeath Posts: 60member
    Wow this is going to be really really funny. Anyone with a video camera that lives in San Diego want to document this?
  • Reply 154 of 234
    quinneyquinney Posts: 2,528member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SHOBIZ View Post

If this is such a non threat (Correct) why so many responses?

can't reply at length now, there's a beached whale I want to go see.
  • Reply 155 of 234
    kibitzerkibitzer Posts: 1,114member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sevenfeet View Post

McDonalds did eventually get the product formula and differentiation right. Ever go to a Panera Bread?

You mean with respect to McDonald's success at evolving and expanding its regular store menus? That they did quite successfully in recent years. But emulating and competing with the roast chicken/roast turkey/meat loaf/side dishes concept popularized by Boston? They never elected to expand their single lab store concept to more stores and instead closed down the pilot project. Later came the opportunity to buy Boston Market outright and McDonald's went for it. In other words, McDonald's didn't just copy the concept - they swallowed it whole. But they didn't incorporate any meaningful Boston Market into their core hamburger stores, opting instead to run BM as a standalone alternative.

We have a bunch of Paneras around here. Panera fits better into the cafe/casual restaurant segment, and at best would be on the fringe of the typical fast food (QSR) industry segment classification. Sorry, but I don't get your point about Panera vis-a-vis McDonald's or Boston Market. Can you expand?
  • Reply 156 of 234
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Swift View Post

The genius of Microsoft marketing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSAXEVXvNz8

If I worked there I think I'd off myself right then and there
  • Reply 157 of 234
    donarbdonarb Posts: 52member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ricardo Dawkins View Post

OK. Show us Apple version of the Xbox 360 console.

But does the Microsoft store sell this:

AMD Phenom II X4 3.2GHz CPU, ASUS M4A79T Deluxe AM3 Mobo, 2x ATI Radeon HD 4890 GPUs, 8GB Mushkin DDR3 1600 RAM, Enermax Revolution85+ 850W PSU, Antec 1200 Case, Microsoft Sidewinder X8 Wireless Mouse, Saitek Eclipse Keyboard, Win7 64-bit.
  • Reply 158 of 234
    donarbdonarb Posts: 52member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kibitzer View Post

Sorry, but I don't get your point about Panera vis-a-vis McDonald's or Boston Market. Can you expand?

He's claiming that McD's owns Panera. Not true.
  • Reply 159 of 234
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by zoetmb View Post

I may take some flack for this, but in spite of their overwhelming success and popularity, I don't consider most of the Apple stores (especially the mall stores) to be all that special.

Yeah, there's nothing all that special about overwhelming success and popularity. Good call there.
  • Reply 160 of 234
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by donarb View Post

He's claiming that McD's owns Panera. Not true.

McD's DOES own Boston Market (formerly Boston Chicken) however.