AT&T, Deutsche Telecom might not have white iPhone 4s for launch

Comments

• Reply 21 of 53
    yuusharoyuusharo Posts: 311member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mac Voyer View Post

This is the kind of spark that sets off a pre-order frenzy. If they are already short on the white models, what does that say about the rest. Better get one before the other shoe drops.

Its a brilliant marketing move. Create a certain level of doubt of a "shortage" and people who were on the fence about it may be pushed over. I know the thing that sparked my 3GS purchase last year was the idea that later models could not be jailbroken. It was just enough of an incentive to go for it even though time shows I would have been just fine waiting.
  • Reply 22 of 53
    eriamjheriamjh Posts: 1,645member
    White will be delayed? Great. Bring on the complaints.

I'm getting black, b*tches.
  • Reply 23 of 53
    daemonkdaemonk Posts: 49member
    My wife asked for a white one. I'm gonna have to drive to an Apple Store to preorder, won't I?
  • Reply 24 of 53
    isaidsoisaidso Posts: 750member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacVicta View Post

The white iPhone 3G/3GS was rubbish but the iPhone 4 looks stunning in white.

Agree with this whole statement.
  • Reply 25 of 53
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    Hey, I wanted a white one but I'll take a black instead, roll forward the launch in Australia to the 24th June and we won't complain...

...much

...honest.

• Reply 26 of 53
    mdriftmeyermdriftmeyer Posts: 7,503member
    And I was hopin' for a chocolate swirl effect. Or how about peanut brittle inlays?
  • Reply 27 of 53
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mdriftmeyer View Post

And I was hopin' for a chocolate swirl effect. Or how about peanut brittle inlays?

Something like this, you mean?
  • Reply 28 of 53
    christophbchristophb Posts: 1,482member
    I had a white 3G cause they were the only model at inception with they max storage capacity. Got a white 3GS because it was the same. Doing a white 4 cause it's the schiz.
  • Reply 29 of 53
    newbeenewbee Posts: 2,055member
    Quote:

But I'll take Zune brown if that is the only color they have. I don't even remember when I sold my soul to Apple. The sad part is, I don't even want it back.

I love your humor ... I feel your pain.
  • Reply 30 of 53
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ghostface147 View Post

Did you expect them to say that the rumors are true?

I would have expected for them to say "no comment" rather than dispute the rumor...so I believe them for now..it doesn't matter to me..I wanted black to begin with, but my gf wants white so it will be interesting. The guy also told me it will go on sale at 12 a.m. EST 6/15 ...
  • Reply 31 of 53
    cxc273cxc273 Posts: 46member
    I'm getting black, but my wife actually asked if they made one that's black on the front, white on the back (in honor of our calico cat). But when it came down to it, she chose black.
  • Reply 32 of 53
    ismofamismofam Posts: 41member
    "...reservations for the 16GB and 32GB black iPhone 4 starting tomorrow...". Does anybody know what time tomorrow can we start placing orders? Tomorrow starts in a little over an hour but i have not seen any announcements... \
  • Reply 33 of 53
    nondualnondual Posts: 78member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by IsmOfAm View Post

"...reservations for the 16GB and 32GB black iPhone 4 starting tomorrow...". Does anybody know what time tomorrow can we start placing orders? Tomorrow starts in a little over an hour but i have not seen any announcements... \

Someone said iPad preorders started at 5:30AM Pacific time. I'm pretty sure that it'll be after midnight Pacific though.
  • Reply 34 of 53
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DirectorOfChaos View Post

"White will available at a later date"

What the hell kind of grammar is that? I doubt Apple would release an official memo with a mistake like that.

I believe the memo was originated from AT&T intern sales, not Apple.
  • Reply 35 of 53
    So does this mean Apple will sell the white one at a premium, like the black Macbook or the chrome Shuffle?
  • Reply 36 of 53
    cvaldes1831cvaldes1831 Posts: 1,832member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by migroves View Post

Who cares the white ones look rubbish and always have.

As an AAPL shareholder, I would like Apple to be able to execute on their business plans to service their customer base. If that includes shipping and selling white smartphones, so be it.

One of the risks of being an AAPL shareholder is the risk of injuring oneself on large sacks of money strewn all about the place. I am willing to accept this risk.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by tonton View Post

So does this mean Apple will sell the white one at a premium, like the black Macbook or the chrome Shuffle?

Apple (and their partners) have repeatedly displayed pricing indicating no color-based difference.

Based on this rumor of a white iPhone shortage, I would chalk it up to some sort of supply snafu, like an unforeseen inconsistent part quality (that might have forced Apple to second source the white parts, thus causing a constraint in the availability of white iPhones at launch time but not several months out).
  • Reply 37 of 53
    macslutmacslut Posts: 514member
    I really wanted a white iPhone 4, but if it's not available on day 1, I'm going black. And you know what they say about that...Don't worry, it's only for a year. You can get a different color next year.
  • Reply 38 of 53
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by macslut View Post

I really wanted a white iPhone 4, but if it's not available on day 1, I'm going black. And you know what they say about that...Don't worry, it's only for a year. You can get a different color next year.

Pre-ordering or going to a store to play iPhone roulette?
  • Reply 39 of 53
    minkyminky Posts: 2member
    Quote:

I don't even remember when I sold my soul to Apple. The sad part is, I don't even want it back.

Sold mine in 1989 to an SE30
  • Reply 40 of 53
    White's for girls anyway.