AT&T, Deutsche Telecom might not have white iPhone 4s for launch

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 53
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by IsmOfAm View Post

"...reservations for the 16GB and 32GB black iPhone 4 starting tomorrow...". Does anybody know what time tomorrow can we start placing orders? Tomorrow starts in a little over an hour but i have not seen any announcements... \

Apple online store is updating now:

• Reply 42 of 53
    chiachia Posts: 713member
    The UK Apple Store (http://store.apple.com/uk) has been updated to offer the iPhone 4. However only the black one is available for pre-order as the site states:

Quote:

White iPhone currently unavailable for pre-order.

On a positive note the iPhones on offer are now unlocked - they can be used with a Micro SIM from any 3G/GSM carrier.

Oh and it seems Apple has just released the new Mac Mini too, it looks even slimmer than its predecessor.
  • Reply 43 of 53
    multimediamultimedia Posts: 1,034member
    Apple Store Open - Punch Line Is White Unavailable For Pre-Order Nor In-Store Pickup. So if you want a White iPhone 4, we have to sit on the sideline while all the Black iPhone orders go first.
  • Reply 44 of 53
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ChiA View Post

Oh and it seems Apple has just released the new Mac Mini too, it looks even slimmer than its predecessor.

Same size as AppleTV. Costs $200 more than previous entry Mac Mini.
  • Reply 45 of 53
    multimediamultimedia Posts: 1,034member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bigdaddyp View Post

This is the update that finally made She Who Must Be Obeyed (wife) want to ditch her first gen 4gb iphone and of course she wanted a 32 gb in white. Somehow this will be my fault.

Hey I'm a guy - an old guy in fact - and I want white too.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacVicta View Post

The white iPhone 3G/3GS was rubbish but the iPhone 4 looks stunning in white.

Right. Why get another black face when you can get a change of scenery that also shouts "I'm an iPhone 4"?
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Garamond View Post

I totally agree, I'm just hoping that when the iPhone 4 goes for sale in my country it will be with both colors from day 1.

Me too.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tonedeff View Post

Damn. I was hoping for a white one on launch day. Looks like i'll be waiting a while if this is a widespread issue

I'm hoping each Apple Store will get a few hundred white ones for those who are willing to endure a long queue at each store. If so, I'll be going to my store next Tuesday to start or be near the start of its queue.
  • Reply 46 of 53
    Hey apple... its cool ya know. I didn't want to order that White iPhone 4 or anything.

• Reply 47 of 53
    aiaddictaiaddict Posts: 487member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by OhReallyNow View Post

Hey apple... its cool ya know. I didn't want to order that White iPhone 4 or anything.

I am sure they are holding the white ones just to piss people off. It is really unlikely they ran into a manufacturing problem or a parts supply issue or anything like that.
  • Reply 48 of 53
    aiaddictaiaddict Posts: 487member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Multimedia View Post

I'm hoping each Apple Store will get a few hundred white ones for those who are willing to endure a long queue at each store. If so, I'll be going to my store next Tuesday to start or be near the start of its queue.

I wouldn't hold your breath. Not allowing white pre-orders but having them in store seems incredibly unlikely. I am sure if the white phones are ready to be in stores by the 24th, there will be a pre-order for them.
  • Reply 49 of 53
    aizmovaizmov Posts: 989member
    same here with softbank
  • Reply 50 of 53
    Gonna hold out for the white myself. Apple knows the majority of people are going to buy the black model so they have to focus on supplying enough units in the color most people want. Completely reasonable I think.
  • Reply 51 of 53
    antkm1antkm1 Posts: 1,441member
    Im getting it in white, i don't care when it comes out. Unlike the lemming fan-boys/girls out there, i prefer to be different. I have the white 3G model, got it BECAUSE it was white and it'd be easier to spot. I'm glad the front face is white now, since when on it's back, the 3G didn't show the nice glossy white sheen as clearly. the white also doesn't show any dirt or fingerprints. after 2 years of use, it still looks new.

my guess on the shortage of white is because they knew 90% of pre-orders would be for the black phone anyway, and to concentrate all production on the black.
  • Reply 52 of 53
    yuusharoyuusharo Posts: 311member
    Its actually a smart move - limit the availability of models means you limit the number of people buying Day 1, which is better for supply. Those who want to wait make the conscious to do so, while those who actively want it should be able to with minimal delay.

And for the record, I think the white one is worth the wait
  • Reply 53 of 53
    Let's try to get Apple's attention about this issue. I've emailed this letter to Steve Jobs and a few others at Apple. Give it a read and share it on your social networks (twitter, facebook, myspace, etc). Maybe if it gets spread around enough, Apple will respond.

http://iphonelaunch.blogspot.com/201...te-iphone.html