iPhone 4 now available for preorder from Apple, carriers

Comments

• Reply 41 of 115
    rutigerrutiger Posts: 4member
    yeah, both apple and att sites keep crapping out for me
  • Reply 42 of 115
    dreyfus2dreyfus2 Posts: 1,072member
    T-Mobile Germany did just issue an apology via Twitter... They do everything possible to improve their servers, but they never had a load like that before! It is not even 4pm here, and so far they have processed ten times more pre-orders than for the 3GS last year!

Buying stock seems like a good idea
  • Reply 43 of 115
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dreyfus2 View Post

T-Mobile Germany did just issue an apology via Twitter... They do everything possible to improve their servers, but they never had a load like that before! It is not even 4pm here, and so far they have processed ten times more pre-orders than for the 3GS last year!

Buying stock seems like a good idea

Do we know what they processed last year?

This is looking more than the 2M sales many are expecting by the end of the first weekend.
  • Reply 44 of 115
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hillstones View Post

You are probably not eligible for the subsidized price. Or, you chose a non-contract plan.

That's just the thing: it never allowed me to make a data plan choice at all. In fact, on that reservation page, there was a "we couldn't make...." message next to the "Pick your store to get it" panel. Hmm. Well, I seem to at least have a reservation, so either I'll pay the upgrade price (which AT&T claims I'm eligible for) or walk out sad.

Thanks!
  • Reply 45 of 115
    eko425eko425 Posts: 6member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by justfine View Post

I'm ordering for delivery from Apple and selling to Gazelle.

You might want to try eBay instead...I just sold my 2-year old iPhone 3G 16GB White for $360 on eBay...and my home button didn't even work properly (which was disclosed). Especially if you have the older boot loader (iPhone made before September 2008) which allows people to "unlock" the phone even after updating the OS.
  • Reply 46 of 115
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

I especially like the elegant and user-friendly "18-click shopping?", cannily presented over 7 separate pages (client-server connections). This allows the shopper to casually read The Odyssey, nap, get a pedicure or reconsider purchase decisions,-- while shopping. What is pleasantly convient is the ability to start over at any time and the flexibility to re-specify any previously gathered information. ...The only improvement, I can think of, would be to rewrite the whole thing in Flash!

There needs to be an app for that!

I downloaded Apple's brand new Apple Store app this morning. Whenever it tries to get my account information from AT&T, it crashes.

I'm done trying for a while. I'll give it another go this afternoon, this evening or sometime tomorrow.
  • Reply 47 of 115
    christophbchristophb Posts: 1,482member
    "Your request couldn?t be processed.

We?re sorry, but there was an error processing your request. Please try again later."

I think i reached the ceiling on crashed attempts.
  • Reply 48 of 115
    dreyfus2dreyfus2 Posts: 1,072member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Do we know what they processed last year?

This is looking more than the 2M sales many are expecting by the end of the first weekend.

First day sales including pre-orders were around 20,000 in 2009, but a lot of people left with empty hands and availability did not really stabilize until September. 20k may not sound much, but hype and queuing are not too popular here... If they manage to move more than 200k on day one, than this is close to a miracle. Sales in France and the UK are normally a lot stronger - so, I guess, if Apple made enough then Europe should move more than a million alone.
  • Reply 49 of 115
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,015member
    It's stuck on processing my AT&T info as we speak. Gee...imagine...a bottleneck from AT&T.

UPDATE: Never mind, I have a balance past due, so it doesn't even let me order. hahaha.
  • Reply 50 of 115
    I got to a price once and then it crapped out on me. Usually it goes out at the ATT request
  • Reply 51 of 115
    xgmanxgman Posts: 159member
    There is no excuse for this. I hope Apple and AT&T get some muddy press for this. They both deserve it.
  • Reply 52 of 115
    chronsterchronster Posts: 1,894member
    Everyone panic! This is your only chance to get one of these. Not getting one most definitely will bring wretched agony and heartache, but if you succeed, you will be one of the few humans on earth to experience total bliss and ecstasy.

You may as well kill yourself if you don't get your hands on an iphone 4 absolutely as soon as humanly possible.
  • Reply 53 of 115
    daylove22daylove22 Posts: 215member
    This is ridiculous!! I have been trying for several hours and cannot get through...either times out or give an error.
  • Reply 54 of 115
    pmzpmz Posts: 3,433member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by daylove22 View Post

This is ridiculous!! I have been trying for several hours and cannot get through...either times out or give an error.

Same here. Several hours, no success. I got really close, al the way to Add to Cart, when it first came back online at 8:30, now its gotten slowly worse and errors every time.
  • Reply 55 of 115
    jules771jules771 Posts: 22member
    Yet again,

Another aspect that AT&T sucks at.

30 minutes on hold to upgrade only to be told that they can't do it over the phone.

Hmm, maybe an announcement message before you wait? Nah, too easy....

Website down.

Well, it is understandable considering this is the first iphone launch that they have had to deal with so how could they possibly anticipate the demand?
  • Reply 56 of 115
    sockrolidsockrolid Posts: 2,789member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

There needs to be an app for that!

There is an app for that!
  • Reply 57 of 115
    xgmanxgman Posts: 159member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SockRolid View Post

There is an app for that!

It doesn't work.
  • Reply 58 of 115
    Everyone, please - turn off your wi-fi. Thanks.
  • Reply 59 of 115
    Been trying for an hour, still no luck. T^T
  • Reply 60 of 115
    msanttimsantti Posts: 1,377member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by eko425 View Post

You might want to try eBay instead...I just sold my 2-year old iPhone 3G 16GB White for $360 on eBay...and my home button didn't even work properly (which was disclosed). Especially if you have the older boot loader (iPhone made before September 2008) which allows people to "unlock" the phone even after updating the OS.

An iPhone 3G for $360??

Sucker born everyday I guess.

No way in heck would I pay that for a 2 year old phone, and a used one at that.

And not to mention that its woefully outdated now. Heck, you can't even get all of the iOS4 features on it.

Good for you though.