iPhone 4 now available for preorder from Apple, carriers

12346»

Comments

• Reply 101 of 115
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mydnyte View Post

Your Premier page listed the iPhone 4? The couple of times I was actually able to get into my Premier page, the iPhone 4 wasn't listed as an option.

Yup. There was a large banner ad for the iPhone 4 that I clicked on. It had two links, one for new customers and one for existing. I clicked existing and it walked me right through what I needed to do. It was slow, but it worked. I was able to keep my existing unlimited data plan, choose voice and text messaging plans, pick any accessories I wanted, and checkout.
  • Reply 102 of 115
    djrumpydjrumpy Posts: 1,116member
    Quote:

Show up and allow yourself PLENTY of time. You'll be there as well as the hoards of others looking to actually purchase. It'll be a madhouse.

I assume since one is supposedly being held for me at that store on the 24th, that I can just walk up to the counter like I need to check out? I'm guessing the folks that just show up to buy one are put on some sort of waiting list and they shouldn't get in the way of what I'm doing?
  • Reply 103 of 115
    mydnytemydnyte Posts: 17member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DJRumpy View Post

I assume since one is supposedly being held for me at that store on the 24th, that I can just walk up to the counter like I need to check out? I'm guessing the folks that just show up to buy one are put on some sort of waiting list and they shouldn't get in the way of what I'm doing?

The problem is getting through the mass of people that will be there to purchase at the store as well as picking up just like you. I would call the store directly (or stop by later this week) and ask for their best advice on how to streamline the process, if that's possible.
  • Reply 104 of 115
    mydnytemydnyte Posts: 17member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by chicagoguy3127 View Post

Yup. There was a large banner ad for the iPhone 4 that I clicked on. It had two links, one for new customers and one for existing. I clicked existing and it walked me right through what I needed to do. It was slow, but it worked. I was able to keep my existing unlimited data plan, choose voice and text messaging plans, pick any accessories I wanted, and checkout.

I'm hoping to get through that exact process. I currently have a BB with unlimited text and data, and want to keep the plans that way. (I'm not going to even consider any sort of tethering.) But so far, when I hit the upgrade eligibility link, it goes off into the ether.

I'll keep trying every so often...
  • Reply 105 of 115
    Quote:

I'm hoping to get through that exact process. I currently have a BB with unlimited text and data, and want to keep the plans that way. (I'm not going to even consider any sort of tethering.) But so far, when I hit the upgrade eligibility link, it goes off into the ether.

I'll keep trying every so often...

I can't read through all these comments. Luckily I ore-ordered I black 32gb through ATTs Business site before all this BS started happening. My gf wanted white, unfortunately it's not possible right now. However, an ATT rep cliams that the White model was available for all of 30 minutes this mornnig starting at 6 a.m. EST. I do not know how true that is. I stayed up until 3 a.m. EST hoping that Apple would let the pre-ordering start then..my logic was that it would then be the 15th on the Westr Coast as well. After that did not happen I went to sleep...woke up at 5:55 a.m...got ready for work and then heard on the radio at 6:30 a.m. that it had started...so, was anyone lucky enough to snag a White Model? I am just curious if there were actually any available and if thye sold out that quickly...that would truly be incredible.
  • Reply 106 of 115
    bushman4bushman4 Posts: 858member
    I only hope that the IPHONE 4 works better than this ordering process!!!
  • Reply 107 of 115
    arlomediaarlomedia Posts: 271member
    I've been trying to upgrade my wife's iPhone and add a line for a new phone for myself via the att.com website periodically for the last four hours with no luck. I've never gotten more than 1-2 pages in before getting some kind of error message.

Oh well, remember when people thought you were crazy to buy Apple products? Now the demand is so high it's hard to get one.
  • Reply 108 of 115
    postulantpostulant Posts: 1,272member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Robin Huber View Post

Do you have to hand over your phone and go phone-less until 6/24?

No, you can do the trade the day you pick up the new phone.
  • Reply 109 of 115
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by xgman View Post

There is no excuse for this. I hope Apple and AT&T get some muddy press for this. They both deserve it.

Oh, I'm sure you can think of at least one reason why their servers might be overloaded.
  • Reply 110 of 115
    I WANT IT KNOW!!!!!!! I AM FUSTRATED!!!! I WANT THIS SOOOOO BAD!!! APPLE FIX THIS!!!!

IF YOU FIX THIS THEN I WILL BE VERY
  • Reply 111 of 115
    aiaddictaiaddict Posts: 487member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DJRumpy View Post

The way it worked at our local store last year was this....

1) They setup two different lines, one for pre-orders, one for people buying on launch day

2) They opened early for pre-order people and got all of the people who were in line processed before they "opened" and started with the "day of" buyers.

I am thinking they may be doing the same since my confirmation email said I can pick up at 7:00 AM and the store normally is not open until 10:00. If I had to guess they may be doing 7:00 for pre-orders with an 8:00 early open for launch day. Or something like that.

I just hope they allow a streamlined checkout option. Just hand me the phone, swipe my card and hand me a receipt. I can activate it myself at home, and move my apps and data myself. I can wait a day or two to change plan options or buy accessories as well. Heck, I would actually prefer to have a couple hours to move apps and data before my phone number moves, so I would be happy to take it home in the AM and wait for the rush to die down before activating with AT&T.
  • Reply 112 of 115
    redshirtredshirt Posts: 11member
    Thanks for the info AIaddict. Dunno if they'll do the same thing for this one, but it's helpful to have an idea what they did in the past.
  • Reply 113 of 115
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AIaddict View Post

The way it worked at our local store last year was this....

1) They setup two different lines, one for pre-orders, one for people buying on launch day

2) They opened early for pre-order people and got all of the people who were in line processed before they "opened" and started with the "day of" buyers.

I am thinking they may be doing the same since my confirmation email said I can pick up at 7:00 AM and the store normally is not open until 10:00. If I had to guess they may be doing 7:00 for pre-orders with an 8:00 early open for launch day. Or something like that.

I just hope they allow a streamlined checkout option. Just hand me the phone, swipe my card and hand me a receipt. I can activate it myself at home, and move my apps and data myself. I can wait a day or two to change plan options or buy accessories as well. Heck, I would actually prefer to have a couple hours to move apps and data before my phone number moves, so I would be happy to take it home in the AM and wait for the rush to die down before activating with AT&T.

Thanks. I noticed mine also said they had a 7AM pickup time but the local store hours normally start at 10AM.

Would you suggest waiting until the initial 'rush' at 7AM dies down, or just show up early? I have a work day that day and I'm not sure how much time to budget to go through the pickup process.
  • Reply 114 of 115
    mellomello Posts: 555member
    I managed to pre-order an iPhone after 8 hours of trying. My problem now is that the shipping

info on my email only lists my apartment number, city, state, & zip. For some reason it doesn't

have my street address. I've been trying to get through to tech support but I just keep getting a

pre-recorded message.
  • Reply 115 of 115
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mello View Post

I managed to pre-order an iPhone after 8 hours of trying. My problem now is that the shipping

info on my email only lists my apartment number, city, state, & zip. For some reason it doesn't

have my street address. I've been trying to get through to tech support but I just keep getting a

pre-recorded message.

I hit similar issues trying to call in to get my order changed to a 'ship to' type, rather than a 'pickup'. You just can't call in at all now as you get the "we're sorry" message.