macosxpmacosxp Posts: 152member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rrabu View Post

This is common for every update to Mail. The solution is simple:

http://langui.sh/2009/11/09/fixing-g...-for-mail-4-2/

The fix didn't work for me.

In a comment on that page though, this worked:

For Mail 4.3:

Copy GrowlMail.mailbundle to ~/Library/Mail/Bundles/ after it?s been disabled by Mail.app

Open GrowlMail.mailbundle, open Contents/Info.plist in a text editor.

Underneath the SupportedPluginCompatibilityUUIDs key, add the following strings: E71BD599-351A-42C5-9B63-EA5C47F7CE8E, B842F7D0-4D81-4DDF-A672-129CA5B32D57.

Save, restart Mail.app
  • Reply 42 of 68
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kulak18 View Post

I wonder it they fixed the file transfer on iChat. Not sure if everyone else is having problem, but I sure am.

hmmm

I transfer files, via iChat extensively, prior to this update and never, ever had an issue.

I'm talking files 'tween ~20MB and 100MB. Easy Peasy.

Did a file transfer to test after this update, and I can still attest, my ~42MB file went through easy peasy, under 10.6.4
  • Reply 43 of 68
    amdahlamdahl Posts: 100member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kulak18 View Post

I wonder it they fixed the file transfer on iChat. Not sure if everyone else is having problem, but I sure am.

You or the other end may have a problematic router/firewall.
  • Reply 44 of 68
    jabohnjabohn Posts: 584member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rrabu View Post

This is common for every update to Mail. The solution is simple:

http://langui.sh/2009/11/09/fixing-g...-for-mail-4-2/

I wish they set up that trick to work for MailAppetizer too... it's also disabled.
  • Reply 45 of 68
    rraburrabu Posts: 264member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by macosxp View Post

The fix didn't work for me.

In a comment on that page though, this worked:

For Mail 4.3:

Copy GrowlMail.mailbundle to ~/Library/Mail/Bundles/ after it?s been disabled by Mail.app

Open GrowlMail.mailbundle, open Contents/Info.plist in a text editor.

Underneath the SupportedPluginCompatibilityUUIDs key, add the following strings: E71BD599-351A-42C5-9B63-EA5C47F7CE8E, B842F7D0-4D81-4DDF-A672-129CA5B32D57.

Save, restart Mail.app

Awesome. I hadn't done the update yet but remembered having to do this last time... I just did it again with the values you reposted above and growlmail continues to work. Thanks for saving me the time of reading through the comments on that link...
  • Reply 46 of 68
    Does anyone know if this update fixed the issues with Maya in 10.6.3?
  • Reply 47 of 68
    cpsrocpsro Posts: 3,218member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross View Post

That's unfortunate if true. It's way past time for this. It's sad to see that MS has beaten Apple to this with support in Win 7.

Actually, not. It's a distraction and a waste of time to wait for TRIM.

Quote:

The drives that don't seem to need trim are the ones with the Sandforce controller [...]

Older Indilinx-based drives don't need TRIM either. The latest firmware for them from companies like OCZ supports garbage collection that is satisfactory for maintaining high performance.

Sandforce drives have only been on the market about a month and their price/GB is already nearly identical to that of Intel and Indilinx.
  • Reply 48 of 68
    zok2000zok2000 Posts: 8member
    My i5 2010 MBP is now displaying TRIM "results" for my G2 Intel SSD

• Reply 49 of 68
    elliots11elliots11 Posts: 290member
    I love Aperture. LOVE IT. It runs a little slow on my MBP 2.33 and there's a lot of graphics quirks when it's rendering. Once it even showed up in the output which was both cool looking and annoying. I'll be downloading this update tomorrow.
  • Reply 50 of 68
    stonefreestonefree Posts: 242member
    I've had the keyboard lockup happen a handful of times (no issues with trackpad). Pretty rare, but very frustrating when it happens so good to know it's fixed.

Unfortunately, my Mac still can't see my Windows computer unless I connect to it via IP address. With my old Leopard Mac it would automatically show up in "Shared". It has on occasion suddenly worked so I don't think it's a configuration issue.
  • Reply 51 of 68
    Does anyone know what, if any, major changes/features were added to Mail 4.3?

PS. Is there anyway to subscribe via email for AI comment replies?
  • Reply 52 of 68
    talksense101talksense101 Posts: 1,738member
    How hard can it be to post information with a bit of detail instead of a copy paste of a general release announcement by Apple? It only takes a few clicks.

Quote:

General fixes and improvements

improves compatibility with some Braille displays

resolves an issue that causes the keyboard or trackpad to become unresponsive

resolves an issue that may prevent some Adobe Creative Suite 3 applications from opening

addresses issues copying, renaming, or deleting files on SMB file servers

improves reliability of VPN connections

resolves a playback issue in DVD Player when using Good Quality deinterlacing

resolves an issue editing photos with iPhoto or Aperture in full screen view

resolves an issue with Parental Controls Time Limits for Open Directory or Active Directory users

resolves a display sleep issue with MacBook Pro (Early 2010) computers

resolves an issue with MacBook Pro (Early 2010) computers in which the right speaker may sound louder than the left speaker

includes Safari 5.0; for more information about Safari 5.0, see this webpage

Security improvements; for information about the security content of this update, please visit this article

Fixes and improvements for Aperture 3

adds tethered shooting support for additional digital camera models

addresses IPTC metadata compatibility issues

Fixes and improvements for external devices

RAW image compatibility for additional digital cameras

resolves an issue with using third-party USB web cameras

resolves an issue with noise when using some third-party FireWire audio devices

resolves pairing issues with Apple remotes

• Reply 53 of 68
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Patranus View Post

Just happened on my mid-2009 MBP as well. The "suck" is that I think my apple care is expired.

Why would AppleCare be expired on a system that was only introduced a year ago? The factory warranty is good for a year and AppleCare for 3 years.
  • Reply 54 of 68
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mdcat View Post

For the 2nd update in a row (I bought a 15" Mac Book Pro in mid-May and had to download 10.6.3 and some other files) the MBP did not restart after installation and I had to do a safe reboot followed by a restart.

I'm going to call AppleCare tomorrow to see if this means anything. Otherwise, I've had no bad symptoms with the new MBP and even took it to California for a week without incident.

phew! that was lucky the air out here in CA is hard on Macs
  • Reply 55 of 68
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    So my SystemUIServer has issues. It keeps crashing. It also crashes every app that is tied to it, like Dictionary when the mouse goes over the app window in the foreground.

I've done everything except for reinstall Mac OS X. I'm not the only one reporting this issue so I'll wait a day for some resolution, otherwise backup, reinstall and update to see if that fixes the issue.
  • Reply 56 of 68
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ilogic View Post

Now if I could use Time Machine on my NAS!

have you been able to use your NAS and specify the space to use?

i haven't! I use a lacie networkspace as a NAS...

everything worked since 10.6.3!

btw now i see some differences in the process thanks to the patches that involves the SMB protocol!
  • Reply 57 of 68
    Seems snappier
  • Reply 58 of 68
    dtidmoredtidmore Posts: 145member
    Starting with the reboot after 10.6.4 install, my MBP seemed more responsive, but it was when I fired up Parallels/XP/Outlook, that any doubts of noticeable performance improvements vanished. It is obvious that Apple did a lot of code optimization for this release.
  • Reply 59 of 68
    anonymouseanonymouse Posts: 6,940member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Prof. Peabody View Post

I'm pretty sure one of those crashy extensions is adblocker, because that's all I have and my Safari has been crashing many multiple times a day since the update.

I use Adblocker and haven't had any crashes with Safari 5, before or after the 10.6.4 update, although, I suppose it could be site dependent.
  • Reply 60 of 68
    mintmint Posts: 17member
    I installed the update and instead of restarting afterwards it just beeps at me 3 times repeatedly I'm now using a windows laptop that just took me half an hour to load firefox. Please help!!!!!!!!