124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 65
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

iTunes 9.2 issue:

[...]

Any suggestions? All of my audio files are located on an external drive... might that be the issue? Could be that they need to be relocated to my HD to play now (good grief, I hope not)?

Bugs and glitches can do anything but I don't see how your media on an external drive could be a likey issue.

Step One
    ACTION: Create new user, log in, then start iTunes while holding down the Shift key. Choose your iTunes library on the external drive and see if they play.

RESULT: This will narrow it down essentially to an issue with the app or with your user settings for iTunes.
  • Reply 62 of 65
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Bugs and glitches can do anything but I don't see how your media on an external drive could be a likey issue.

Step One
    ACTION: Create new user, log in, then start iTunes while holding down the Shift key. Choose your iTunes library on the external drive and see if they play.

RESULT: This will narrow it down essentially to an issue with the app or with your user settings for iTunes.

Good suggestion Solipsism, thanks! I created the secondary account and the alternate version of iTunes worked... So, for my original account might it mean that my preferences are corrupt or is it something else? I returned to my original iTunes and audio still doesn't work... any issues you know of as far as 'too many song files' or anything like that? This is quite vexing. I'm far too reliant on iTunes.
  • Reply 63 of 65
    Quote:

Good suggestion Solipsism, thanks! I created the secondary account and the alternate version of iTunes worked... So, for my original account might it mean that my preferences are corrupt or is it something else? I returned to my original iTunes and audio still doesn't work... any issues you know of as far as 'too many song files' or anything like that? This is quite vexing. I'm far too reliant on iTunes.

Yeah, a preferences file sounds hosed. I use AppTrap for quickly finding and removing associated from an app, but manual works well, too.
  • Reply 64 of 65
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Yeah, a preferences file sounds hosed. I use AppTrap for quickly finding and removing associated from an app, but manual works well, too.

So, I found the pref file:
    users/(my home account)/Library/Preferences
    ...then tossed it. iTunes automatically rebuilt the prefs and voila... all was fixed! Thanks for the help, Solip. I don't tend to "get under the hood" of OSX anymore like I used to.
  • Reply 65 of 65
    Quote:

Thanks for the help, Solip.

No problem