Just notified that my iphone will show up on the 23rd

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Apple just sent me a shipment confirmation that my iPhone 4 would arrive on the 23rd. Awesome! Anyone else get a notification?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 15
    Yeah, mine also shows a delivery date of the 23rd, looks like its shipping directly from Shenzen, China via Fedex
  • Reply 2 of 15
    dfilerdfiler Posts: 3,420member
    Hmm, I hadn't received any email status or confirmation notices. So I went to the store website to check things out. Somehow, apple had set my address to [email protected].

That's just great, but I've never had such an address. In fact, all previous messages for all previous orders had been sent correctly to my yahoo account. Something is seriously wrong with the apple store. Apparently they've screwed up their customer info!
  • Reply 3 of 15
    mac voyermac voyer Posts: 1,294member
    My Apple Store account still says that the delivery date is the 24th. Believe me, I would be very happy if that holds true.
  • Reply 4 of 15
    My order shipped 20min ago via FedEx from Lantau Island, Hong Kong. Delivery is still set for June 24th though. I ordered the black 32GB.
  • Reply 5 of 15
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Footloose301 View Post

My order shipped 20min ago via FedEx from Lantau Island, Hong Kong. Delivery is still set for June 24th though. I ordered the black 32GB.

My brothers iPhone 4 16GB just shipped out of Hong Kong as well.
  • Reply 6 of 15
    vaxxxxvaxxxx Posts: 1member
    Don't worry it will be modified...They did that last time too, and Apple can control that too.
  • Reply 7 of 15
    Those of us who ordered iPads know full well that following the tracking info from moment to moment is completely worthless. The information is always wrong and mixed up and confused. The fact is, you can never really know where your item is at any given moment. You just have a general idea that your item is on the move and will get to you when Apple wants you to have it.
  • Reply 8 of 15
    Update: finally received a shipping notice after having fixed the email address on my apple account.

As for delivery date... "scheduled delivery date" is the key. The "scheduled delivery date" will override the "estimated delivery date". This is normally used to enforce different pricing/speed tiers. However, Apple leverages this functionality for product roll-outs such that deliveries happen on the product's official release date.
  • Reply 9 of 15
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    FedEx changed my Estimated Ship To date t the 24th. Apple sends me an email this morning saying it will be the 23rd. Weird huh? I checked just now and it departed Anchorage, AK yesterday at 3:28 PM.

I think it will come a day early. I just might get my hopes up!
  • Reply 10 of 15
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aplnub View Post

FedEx changed my Estimated Ship To date t the 24th. Apple sends me an email this morning saying it will be the 23rd. Weird huh? I checked just now and it departed Anchorage, AK yesterday at 3:28 PM.

I think it will come a day early. I just might get my hopes up!

Same here. It's true. Santa Steve has done it again. Thing is, my card still hasn't been charged.
  • Reply 11 of 15
    Sorry but I am too jealous!

What I really want to hear is if someone who is expecting it to be delivered on the 15 of July (me), will receive it by the end of June. Now THAT would be nice.
  • Reply 12 of 15
    My card was finally charged this morning. I have never been so happy to be charged $200. I think I have a problem.
  • Reply 13 of 15
    My iPhone is "At dest sort facility" (Pittsburgh)!

But unfortunately the estimated delivery date is still the 24th and I wasn't one of the lucky ones to get an email from apple saying it would deliver early. Life is immensely tragic I tell you.
  • Reply 14 of 15
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dfiler View Post

Life is immensely tragic I tell you.

It is a uniquely first-world problem. Then again, we live in the first world.
  • Reply 15 of 15
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dfiler View Post

But unfortunately the estimated delivery date is still the 24th and I wasn't one of the lucky ones to get an email from apple saying it would deliver early. Life is immensely tragic I tell you.

I was one who was told by apple that I would get mine today. Mine is still at the same place yours is but for my area. Bummer.