Apple releases iOS 4 for iPhone, iPod touch

Comments

• Reply 101 of 257
    smiles77smiles77 Posts: 668member
    iBooks on both iPad and iPhone now has ragged right and justification ability in settings!!!
  • Reply 102 of 257
    anonymouseanonymouse Posts: 6,857member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by whitey View Post

The ability to send photo's via MMS is disabled. Not able to do it through any previous ways. Pasting in an image or starting from the photo gallery.

Wait, what? Can someone explain this in more detail? What's changed in MMS, what you can do, what you can't.
  • Reply 103 of 257
    .mac.mac Posts: 44member
    Downloaded installed... everything working cool.. i started liking this folders options.. just a big WOW !!!

Dev team already released the unlock for the 05.13.04.. another big WOW tho i dont need a unlock as i have factory unlocked 3GS
  • Reply 104 of 257
    smiles77smiles77 Posts: 668member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by GregoriusM View Post

Phew! It was looking like mine was going to take about 8 hours! It's at about 5% for an hour of backing up.

Thanks! I hope you're right in my case. :-)

I have a 16GB 2nd Gen iPod Touch with 13 GB on it and it took around 30 minutes to do that first 5% and 2 minutes for the last 95%. You should be just great.
  • Reply 105 of 257
    daylove22daylove22 Posts: 215member
    I do not like the mail..it shows all the inboxes then underneath all the accounts..that is so dumb & confusing.
  • Reply 106 of 257
    whiteywhitey Posts: 6member
    In 3.1 they added the ability to send MMS messages which included photo's and video's. Now you can't send anything but text. It shows on the Apple site that you can in all of the run down of iOS 4 but they disabled the ability to send photo's in mms/text messages.
  • Reply 107 of 257
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Smiles77 View Post

I have a 16GB 2nd Gen iPod Touch with 13 GB on it and it took around 30 minutes to do that first 5% and 2 minutes for the last 95%. You should be just great.

Mine hasn't moved from the "Backing up" state for about an hour and a half. Starting to wonder if I should stop and restart...
  • Reply 108 of 257
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post

Wait, what? Can someone explain this in more detail? What's changed in MMS, what you can do, what you can't.

Nothing changed for MMS probably the guy had it disabled in settings.
  • Reply 110 of 257
    Quote:

In 3.1 they added the ability to send MMS messages which included photo's and video's. Now you can't send anything but text. It shows on the Apple site that you can in all of the run down of iOS 4 but they disabled the ability to send photo's in mms/text messages.

Go to Settings then Messages and turn MMS on...
  • Reply 111 of 257
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by daylove22 View Post

Nothing changed for MMS probably the guy had it disabled in settings.

Theres no settings for MMS in the settings menu for Messages.
  • Reply 112 of 257
    clark80clark80 Posts: 28member
    40 mins to download the update?

I'll go eat something and come back
  • Reply 113 of 257
    jeffhrsnjeffhrsn Posts: 60member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Looks like us occasional grumpy skeptics were proved right this time and that Apple DID NOT enable wallpaper on the 3g.

That bites!
  • Reply 114 of 257
    swingeswinge Posts: 110member
    I can't wait to get the update tonight....

So now double tap opens multitasking..it seems the swipe left addresses controling the iPod...the one downer, seems like there is no longer an instant way to get to your favorites in your address book... I use that all the time, it's a shame.
  • Reply 114 of 257
    Quote:

Mine has these settings under Messages:

Show Preview

Repeat Alert

MMS messaging

Group Messaging

Show Subject Field

Character Count
  • Reply 116 of 257
    banchobancho Posts: 1,517member
    Quote:

Yes, there is.
  • Reply 117 of 257
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    I just read that Ultrasn0w 0.9.3 is out so my iPhone 3G will be making the leap of faith from 3.1.2 to 4.0 and I will be jailbreaking and unlocking it.

Since my 3G needs some multitasking love and also some wallpaper love, I've got no remorse, especially since early videos have shown no real loss of performance compared to how the 3G ran before. I'll need the unlock so I can continue to enjoy my UNLIMITED data via Tmobile.

We will see how it goes. I don't feel my age often but I know I don't get to put the time in on devices and computers that I used to compared to when I was say... 20. Yet I'm making the jump now because it is summer vacation and I'll have time to fix up any screw ups I stumble into.
  • Reply 118 of 257
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by daylove22 View Post

Mine has these settings under Messages:

Show Preview

Repeat Alert

MMS messaging

Group Messaging

Show Subject Field

Character Count

Well that is weird. I just did an update and it restored from my backup. Maybe you have to start fresh. The only options I have on my 3GS is:

Show Preview

Repeat Alert

Character Count
  • Reply 119 of 257
    anonymouseanonymouse Posts: 6,857member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bancho View Post

Yes, there is.

There seem to be a few complaints, here and there, of MMS settings not showing up. Maybe messed up carrier settings?
  • Reply 120 of 257
    docno42docno42 Posts: 3,755member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pmz View Post

New iBooks Update is showing up in the App Store on the iPhone, with an indicator that its universal, but is not available for download yet on iPhone, only iPad.

It seems to come and go. I deleted it from my iTunes and re-downloaded version 1.1 and it synced to my iPhone with no problem.

I went back 20 minutes later to verify the version in the iTunes store and that time the store showed 1.0.1 - so evidently Apple's content caching servers are still syncronizing.

Version 1.1 is the version that will sync to the iPhone (I'm looking at it on my iPhone right now).