Apple releases iOS 4 for iPhone, iPod touch

Comments

• Reply 181 of 257
    ded48ded48 Posts: 10member
    I've been trying to download the iOS 4 update for the last hour. It alternates between 2,3 or 4 hours to go and then times out. Does anyone know if there is a problem on the server or could it be something on my end. Thanks.
  • Reply 182 of 257
    Is anyone else having issues with their pictures being all fuzzy on their iPhone now?

I have a 16gb 3GS, and now every single one of the pictures looks grainy and fuzzy.
  • Reply 183 of 257
    robin huberrobin huber Posts: 3,949member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ded48 View Post

I've been trying to download the iOS 4 update for the last hour. It alternates between 2,3 or 4 hours to go and then times out. Does anyone know if there is a problem on the server or could it be something on my end. Thanks.

Having the same problem in the same time zone as Cupertino. When are they going to get that server farm in North Carolina or wherever online and get a handle on the high volume traffic problems? This is getting old. Tried to order an iPhone 4 and gave up. Now this? Jeez!
  • Reply 184 of 257
    Dear Apple, add iOS 4 to iPad. Thank you.
  • Reply 185 of 257
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sycondavey View Post

Dear Apple, add iOS 4 to iPad. Thank you.

I can not use many applications on my iPad as they require iOS 4.
  • Reply 186 of 257
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Robin Huber View Post

Having the same problem in the same time zone as Cupertino. When are they going to get that server farm in North Carolina or wherever online and get a handle on the high volume traffic problems? This is getting old. Tried to order an iPhone 4 and gave up. Now this? Jeez!

Thanks Robin, I'm sorry we're having problems but glad I'm not the only one. I'm in Texas. I had to try about 25 times on the computer and then tried on my iPhone and was able to get my iPhone 4 order in on time. Mine left Alaska a couple of hours ago. I can't wait!
  • Reply 187 of 257
    Keep getting this:

"There was a problem downloading the software for the iPhone "name". The network connection was reset. Mare sure your network settings are correct and your connection is active, or try again later."

Nothing wrong with my connection, it's theirs that's the problem.
  • Reply 188 of 257
    Quote:

Mine left Alaska a couple of hours ago. I can't wait!

Lucky dog!
  • Reply 189 of 257
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by fzpuente View Post

Is anyone else having issues with their pictures being all fuzzy on their iPhone now?

I have a 16gb 3GS, and now every single one of the pictures looks grainy and fuzzy.

I have this on all the wallpapers that I had in an album I synced but I thought it was some screwup with the wallpaper settings. Your saying it's happening on *all* pictures?

I have to say that I'm not really that impressed at all by this update. It's buggy and makes my iPhone 3Gs slower, not faster. People who say it's faster are dreaming IMO, it's only a slight difference but it's definitely slower.

Also while I do love my iPhone ...

- Hate, hate, hate folders! I don't need em, and I wish I could turn them off. It's almost impossible to re-arrange the icons now.

- Hate the background images. If they were going to do that, they could at least have left the black option (and maybe added white).

- Hate multi-tasking. Had no use for it before, and now it's just something extra to worry about for an OCD type like myself. I'm spending huge amounts of time checking out what's running now.

- Hate the extra "bounce" when swiping screens from right to left. It's too much, too jarring.

- Hate the way it now thinks my 3Gs dock is "not compatible" with my device.
  • Reply 190 of 257
    downloaded as soon as it was made avail... d/l and installed within 30-35 mins... i cannot tell you... i am in love all over again... especially since i just got the 3G a couple months back after my 2G went thru the washer *mucho sad face*... so since i got multitasking and wallpapers.... i keep picking it up just to play with it :-p but i agree with others that have mentioned about cleaning up of space... i'm sure you would agree going from 8/9 pages of apps down to 2... makes things much easier... i do like the new setup of mail personally... tho i don't use the all inboxes view, i could see how it would benefit those that do... hope everyone else is enjoying 4.0 as much as i am!!! makes me wanna just say screw it and get the iPhone 4... :-(
  • Reply 191 of 257
    I'm on my 10th time trying to download the update and it has now gone for about 20 minutes and has downloaded 21 MB of 378MB and says 5 hours remaining. I've never had a download problem before. This really stinks!!!
  • Reply 192 of 257
    Cover your camera's lens and shoot a black picture. Use that as your background and you have what you had before the update. You can then delete the unwanted black photo from your album and the background will still remain.
  • Reply 193 of 257
    Quote:

I'm on my 10th time trying to download the update and it has now gone for about 20 minutes and has downloaded 21 MB of 378MB and says 5 hours remaining. I've never had a download problem before. This really stinks!!!

I feel your pain, ded. Download has crapped out about 6 times when getting to the 70 min mark. Now it's showing 2 hours remaining (never more than 80 minutes previously), and I have no doubt it will crap out again.
  • Reply 194 of 257
    I realize that you don't set up a network server for extreme first day calls such as iPhone and iOS release, but knowing that everyone is getting this level of frustration, why not institute some kind of non technology fix. Something like giving out numbers like they do for concerts that are going to be wildly sold out? Or roll it out by time zone, or something?! Anything to prevent everyone in the damn Mac-loving world from trying to download at the same time.
  • Reply 195 of 257
    Just crapped out at 68 minutes remaining. That seems to be the magic hour. Giving up until tomorrow.
  • Reply 196 of 257
    bushman4bushman4 Posts: 858member
    Why waste your time trying to uPDATE TONIGHT. Wait a day or two it's going to be faster. No question about it ,Apples servers are bogged down with the drain.
  • Reply 197 of 257
    Gave it one last try and broke through. Phone is backing up now so not long to wait to try out the new OS!
  • Reply 198 of 257
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Robin Huber View Post

Just crapped out at 68 minutes remaining. That seems to be the magic hour. Giving up until tomorrow.

Mine just timed out again. I'm giving up too.
  • Reply 199 of 257
    anonymouseanonymouse Posts: 6,857member
    So far so good. Now if Someone will just update one of the ssh apps so it will keep a connection in the background, I'll be a happy camper. Especially once iOS4 makes it onto iPad.
  • Reply 200 of 257
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    I've now unscrewed the pooch thanks to ultrasn0w and redsn0w. I've even activated the nice wallpapers and multitasking that Apple declares I ought not have on my phone. I've confirmed the unlock and I'm restoring my apps. I'll play with it a bit and leave the music and movies to update overnight. My poor lil' 8 gig needs all the time it can to sync music due to knocking the bit rate down to fit more of it on the phone.