Cnet news: Google snagged passwords, e-mail. Lawsuits filed against Google in US.

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Quote:

Google collected passwords and e-mail when the company intercepted and stored data detected on open Wi-Fi hot spots in France, according to the French National Commission on Computing and Liberty.

Lawsuits have already been filed against Google in the United States. Congressional leaders are also looking into the matter.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-30686_3-20...orsPicksArea.0

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    banchobancho Posts: 1,517member

From the Posting Guidelines:

Be descriptive with the title of new threads. Do not start a thread with an ambiguous title like "Guess what..." and then use the text portion of the post to explain. Give your post a headline. This courtesy is especially appreciated in the more highly trafficked forums. Furthermore, threads with no original content will not be allowed. Do not post a link or quote an article while contributing little to nothing of your own.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    hirohiro Posts: 2,663member
    And if you aren't a mod don't try to mod. That's just bad form, with no payoff.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    daveswdavesw Posts: 406member
    @Bancho you just got owned by Hiro
  • Reply 4 of 10
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hiro View Post

And if you aren't a mod don't try to mod. That's just bad form, with no payoff.

We've all got an interest in seeing the site run somewhat organized and cleanly regardless if one's a mod or not. If I *were* a mod, I'd have nuked the thread and IM'd davesw with the same response above.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by davesw View Post

@Bancho you just got owned by Hiro

Your new thread, consisting of just a link and devoid of original content could just as easily have been added to your other thread which concerns almost the exact same topic.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bancho View Post

We've all got an interest in seeing the site run somewhat organized and cleanly regardless if one's a mod or not. If I *were* a mod, I'd have nuked the thread and IM'd davesw with the same response above.

Your new thread, consisting of just a link and devoid of original content could just as easily have been added to your other thread which concerns almost the exact same topic.

don't sweat it. why does it bother you?
  • Reply 6 of 10
    Quote:

don't sweat it. why does it bother you?

My original post was simply informative and not intended to let you know in case you didn't realize there were posting rules. It just struck me as odd that you'd post an entirely new thread for something that would have fit nicely into the one directly adjacent that you started as well.

On the bright side, at least you weren't hawking credit card numbers or fake adidas/nike/etc...
  • Reply 7 of 10
    Quote:

My original post was simply informative and not intended to let you know in case you didn't realize there were posting rules. It just struck me as odd that you'd post an entirely new thread for something that would have fit nicely into the one directly adjacent that you started as well.

On the bright side, at least you weren't hawking credit card numbers or fake adidas/nike/etc...

Or at least I'm not a Google apologist like you.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    Quote:

Or at least I'm not a Google apologist like you.

Given the replies both your threads have garnered this site must be positively littered with Google apologists.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    Quote:

Given the replies both your threads have garnered this site must be positively littered with Google apologists.

I don't think so.
  • Reply 10 of 10
    Quote:

I don't think so.

Well at least we agree on that.