Apple e-mail says iPhone 4 will deliver a day early, on June 23

Comments

• Reply 41 of 77
    cxc273cxc273 Posts: 46member
    Just checked on mine again ... it was picked up in Ft. Worth, Texas, and is still scheduled for a 23rd delivery date. (Mine was pre-ordered through my local bricks-and-mortar AT&T store.)

Here's hoping the schedule doesn't slip at all!
  • Reply 42 of 77
    hillstoneshillstones Posts: 1,490member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 1984 View Post

Is there a FedEx pre-sign form available for those who ordered through AT&T instead of Apple? I couldn't find one.

Nope, because most likely AT&T is not shipping via FedEx.
  • Reply 43 of 77
    hillstoneshillstones Posts: 1,490member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Scott_in_Manhattan View Post

I can't wait to activate it and take a stroll by the line of campers at the 5th avenue store while I'm having a FaceTime chat with one of my friends.

Don't get mugged!
  • Reply 44 of 77
    Pre-ordered mine through AT&T's site and have a delivery date of 23rd by 3:30 p.m.! Whahoo!
  • Reply 45 of 77
    sockrolidsockrolid Posts: 2,789member
    From the start, all indications pointed to delivery on the 23rd. The original Apple confirmation email, the FedEx tracking page, and now the Apple delivery alert email all say it'll be delivered on the 23rd.

And I didn't even order the thing until nearly 7pm PST on the 15th. I did, however, try about 80 times on 5 different sittings: 1am, 4am, 7am, 10am, and 6pm, before finally breaking through.

Why did I work so hard to pre-order with shipping? Because I stood in line for 6 hours two years ago on day 1 for the iPhone 3G. Been there, done that, got the donuts & bottled water. Proved my devotion. Done with standing in line for iPhones.
  • Reply 46 of 77
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SockRolid View Post

From the start, all indications pointed to delivery on the 23rd. The original Apple confirmation email, the FedEx tracking page, and now the Apple delivery alert email all say it'll be delivered on the 23rd.

And I didn't even order the thing until nearly 7pm PST on the 15th. I did, however, try about 80 times on 5 different sittings: 1am, 4am, 7am, 10am, and 6pm, before finally breaking through.

Why did I work so hard to pre-order with shipping? Because I stood in line for 6 hours two years ago on day 1 for the iPhone 3G. Been there, done that, got the donuts & bottled water. Proved my devotion. Done with standing in line for iPhones.

I hear that SockRolid! My exact experience as well. Hours and hours in line 2 years ago. This year sat in the comfort of my home eventually getting through for the pre-order!
  • Reply 47 of 77
    mistergsfmistergsf Posts: 241member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jrandersoniii View Post

Makes sense with 600k iPhones pre-sold... they can spread the load on the activation servers at both Apple and ATT over 2-days.

I will say, I was presently surprised how well Apple's servers kept up with iOS 4 downloads and app store update requests yesterday. ATT could learn a thing or two.

They could also be arriving early to steal a bit of thunder from the Verizon Droid X reveal.
  • Reply 48 of 77
    Just got my iphone 4g a couple minutes ago! It's activated and ready to go. Wish my case and screen protector were here too, but I was expecting my phone to come on Thursday. Good luck to everyone else in getting their new toy soon!

• Reply 49 of 77
    katefukatefu Posts: 3member
    Got the Fed Ex tracking number and so it should arrive 6/23
  • Reply 50 of 77
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hillstones View Post

I preorder from an AT&T store and their website shows the iPhone has been shipped and gave me a Fed Ex tracking number, although according to Fed Ex the order hasn't been processed. I am wondering if AT&T has already received the phones (here in the U.S.) and is waiting a day or two to release them. I was told my delivery date was June 24 or 25.
  • Reply 51 of 77
    djintxdjintx Posts: 454member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by LittlBilly View Post

Just got my iphone 4g a couple minutes ago! It's activated and ready to go. Wish my case and screen protector were here too, but I was expecting my phone to come on Thursday. Good luck to everyone else in getting their new toy soon!

Feel free to post more photos, ya know, if you want to. Either way
  • Reply 52 of 77
    Whatever the reason, I am excited to get mine tomorrow! It'll give me something to do at work...
  • Reply 53 of 77
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hillstones View Post

Incorrect. AT&T orders also go via Fedex.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Modena360 View Post

I preorder from an AT&T store and their website shows the iPhone has been shipped and gave me a Fed Ex tracking number, although according to Fed Ex the order hasn't been processed. I am wondering if AT&T has already received the phones (here in the U.S.) and is waiting a day or two to release them. I was told my delivery date was June 24 or 25.

That doesn't seem to be the case. My tracking number was issued last weekend and is now showing the phone in Ft. Worth. It looks as though it was tracked right from the supplier - just like ones ordered from Apple. I won't know for sure until it arrives tomorrow.
  • Reply 54 of 77
    quinneyquinney Posts: 2,528member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mistergsf View Post

They could also be arriving early to steal a bit of thunder from the Verizon Droid X reveal.

Can you steal thunder from a mouse fart?
  • Reply 55 of 77
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

That doesn't seem to be the case. My tracking number was issued last weekend and is now showing the phone in Ft. Worth. It looks as though it was tracked right from the supplier - just like ones ordered from Apple. I won't know for sure until it arrives tomorrow.

Did your FedEx tracking information show the orination in Shenzen, China or Lantau, Hong Kong? I ordered the iPad on Apple's website last month and tracked it from China through Alaska (where it cleared customs) and onto Ontario, California. I am wondering if anyone who purchased through an AT&T knows where the shipment originated.

Bottom line: I'm curious if AT&T has a centralized inventory in the U.S. from where all the pre-ordered phones will ship.
  • Reply 56 of 77
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

They may also ship via FedEx, but they also ship via UPS. My order is coming via UPS.
  • Reply 57 of 77
    Erm...if you are an American.

Any Brits in the house received notifications? Nothing to report here.
  • Reply 58 of 77
    @LittlBilly

I want to kill you nah only kidding. Enjoy my friend hopefully I will join you in iPhone 4 heaven very soon.
  • Reply 59 of 77
    docno42docno42 Posts: 3,755member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cinder View Post

I think their strategy for the Android X was just to ignore it and make iPhone 4 how they were going to make it anyway . . .

Bingo. I don't think they are overly concerned. Nor should they be, from what I have seen of Android. It's nice but not overly compelling to me.
  • Reply 60 of 77
    geekgodgeekgod Posts: 2member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mr Underhill View Post

Erm...if you are an American.

Any Brits in the house received notifications? Nothing to report here.

3.19am UK time I got email saying mine has been shipped. Est del date is 24th or before via UPS but still not trackable on UPS site. Rubbish!