How to keep iPhone 3G(s) activated?

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
When you activate your new iPhone, the previous one becomes de-activated.

My understanding is to re-activate that previous iPhone (in order to use it as an iPod Touch), you had to temporarily put the new SIM card in it, and connect it to iTunes.

But the iPhone 4 has a micro-sim card, not a SIM card!

How would you do?

(except jailbreak+unlock, that is)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marotte View Post

My understanding is to re-activate that previous iPhone (in order to use it as an iPod Touch), you had to temporarily put the new SIM card in it, and connect it to iTunes.

How would you do?

Sell it to somebody and use that money to buy a brand new iPod Touch. You should be able to get more than enough money if it's in good condition.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    daemonkdaemonk Posts: 49member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marotte View Post

How would you do?

Micro SIM is the same as "regular" SIM. So either tape the micro SIM on the contacts for activation, or shell out a few bucks for a micro to regular SIM adapter.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    marottemarotte Posts: 3member
    I tried removing the sim in my 3G, then booting it up. It says 'No SIM' (duh!), but everything seems to work fine. So I guess that's the easiest solution to get an 'iPod Touch' ???