[Urgent] Problem with Itunes 9.2 on Vista 64-bit

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Hello,

I have an urgent problem that I hope to get some response and insight from anybody, desperately needing help. As some might know, the new OS for iphone and ipod touch is out. iOs 4 and I wanted to upgrade my itunes, but i had to upgrade it to the itunes 9.2 version. As i was upgrading and installing, this error message : "There is a problem with this Windows Installer package A problem required for the install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor" came up and ruined the installation and as of now, I am unable to open my Itunes and sync stuff in. This is urgent as I have a ton of stuff inside and now i cant use itunes ! please help !

Im on a version of Windows Vista SP 2 64-bit OS, if that's any info tht will help ! Any help is greatly appreciated here (:

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    bbwibbwi Posts: 812member
    Try uninstalling iTunes, then reinstall

If that doesn't work I would create a new account, login under that account, and see if you can open iTunes successfully
  • Reply 2 of 2
    cptreycptrey Posts: 2member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bbwi View Post

Try uninstalling iTunes, then reinstall

If that doesn't work I would create a new account, login under that account, and see if you can open iTunes successfully

hey bbwi,

i've tried uninstalling itunes and then reinstalling and still the error messages occurs. I've also followed the instructions to completely remove all components of itunes from http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1923 and it still has the error.

are you suggesting that I create a new account in my PC?