iFixit completes early teardown of iPhone 4

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 50
    Do they ever reassemble these after teardown? And do they still work?
  • Reply 42 of 50
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ascii View Post

Maybe it will be 2 years before there's another big redesign.

I agree. Next year will be the 4G followed by the S.
  • Reply 43 of 50
    drowdrow Posts: 126member
    "This, 007, is your new spy camera. Cleverly disguised into the handle of an umbrella, it will take up to ten photos on microfilm. The film cartridge is field replacable, of course, it should only take a minute."

"That's all? My iPhone has a better camera than that."

"What?"

"Sure, see? That's the camera there. Five megapixel digital, enough storage for probably thousands of photos, and an LED flash, too. There's a second camera on the other side for videocalls."

"Screw it, I'm retiring."

"Can I get the keys to the flying BMW before you leave?"
  • Reply 44 of 50
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mr Underhill View Post

Do they ever reassemble these after teardown? And do they still work?

well, the one Gizmodo took apart and reassembled was broken. But then, the iFixit people seem to be far more competent than Gizmodo.
  • Reply 45 of 50
    dick applebaumdick applebaum Posts: 12,527member
    Ha! Mine just arrived-- according to FedEx it left Oakland 7:10 last night & no Update since!

• Reply 46 of 50
    chris_cachris_ca Posts: 2,543member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sandau View Post

hairy hand models make your day?

iPhone 4 with iOS.

So easy, even a caveman can use it...

• Reply 47 of 50
    tribalogicaltribalogical Posts: 1,182member
    wow. although nowadays it's easier to take for granted, this is pretty amazing design. They've packed more into this one phone than I had in my first Macs... and it's a phone and an ipod... "and touch-touch too?"

Between this and the iPad, I feel like the days of Star Trek are finally upon us...
  • Reply 48 of 50
    bigdaddypbigdaddyp Posts: 811member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by macnyc View Post

Letting drunk strangers into your house at 2:30 in the morning made you a hero with your wife?!

No the chasing off the drunk people.
  • Reply 49 of 50
    bigdaddypbigdaddyp Posts: 811member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kilimanjaro View Post

Indeed, it is amazingly so compact..!

To all of other mobile manufacturers out there (yes, that includes you Google): "Dear lazy mobile manufacturers, this is how you should've made smartphone. We want slim and compact phone, please stop making fat and ugly looking phones you lazy dorks.."

I could handle a fat phone if it could match the battery life my original iphone. My 3gs needs to be charged every 24 hrs or less when using the 3g data connection.
  • Reply 50 of 50
    I created a first pass of an iOS device components and capabilities listing and a chart of the hardware differences among the different iOS devices. Any kind souls out there to help review and improve the listing and differences?

I want everyone to have accurate information and free access to it. Thanks in advance.