Anyone able to get Portal First slice working?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Hi,

I downloaded the demo of Portal (Portal first slice) but whenever I try to load it I get the message that the game is currently unavailable and that I should try again later.

has anyone experienced the same issue?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    alicessalicess Posts: 2member
    You get it paid in APP? Or somewhere free?
  • Reply 2 of 5
    hirohiro Posts: 2,663member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RabidRabbit View Post

Hi,

I downloaded the demo of Portal (Portal first slice) but whenever I try to load it I get the message that the game is currently unavailable and that I should try again later.

has anyone experienced the same issue?

I doubt the demo was ported to OS X. The full app is now on OS X via Valve Steam. Unfortunately you missed the window where they were giving it away for free as part of the Steam launch. You can still get a pretty good deal on the Orange Box though: Portal + Half Life2 + HL Episodes + Team Fortress, i think it's like $19.95 for the whole shebang.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hiro View Post

I doubt the demo was ported to OS X. The full app is now on OS X via Valve Steam. Unfortunately you missed the window where they were giving it away for free as part of the Steam launch. You can still get a pretty good deal on the Orange Box though: Portal + Half Life2 + HL Episodes + Team Fortress, i think it's like $19.95 for the whole shebang.

It was a free demo off Steam.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    hirohiro Posts: 2,663member
    It would have been nice to share that upfront. The demo won't download for me at all, but I already have the full version so???
  • Reply 5 of 5
    jupiteronejupiterone Posts: 1,564member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RabidRabbit View Post

It was a free demo off Steam.

Yes, as a matter of fact I downloaded the free demo and played it last night.