Exclusive conversations with Steve Jobs up for sale

Comments

• Reply 21 of 117
    onhkaonhka Posts: 1,025member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by g3pro View Post

I think it was just confirmed what we knew all along: Steve Jobs is an arrogant tool.

Somehow, I would rather an arrogant took run my company than an ignorant fool. You're fired!

And on your way out, perhaps this will enlighten your next posting,
    AnandTech: iPhone 4 has best cellular reception of any iPhone
    which was just published.

http://macdailynews.com/index.php/we...omments/25838/
  • Reply 22 of 117
    mazda 3smazda 3s Posts: 1,613member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by StLBluesFan View Post

Take another look. Closely. And then tell us what that says about your tech credibility.

Look more closelier.
  • Reply 23 of 117
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by roehlstation View Post

I think when you bring a company back from near extinction to become the second most valuable company in the entire country you are entitled to a little arrogance. Besides, if someone blames you for something not working that you put a lot of time and effort on, wouldn't you be a little defensive as well? We're talking about a phone here, it isn't like there are millions of gallons of crude oil leaking into the ocean.

Agreed. And when you make yourself accessible like Jobs does you get the odd chancer like this.

In my experience working in retail, customers tend to blast the staff at the bottom end, are a little less vocal when speaking to management and positively nice as pie when they get the head honcho.

So I'm surprised he's being so disrespectful.
  • Reply 24 of 117
    g3prog3pro Posts: 669member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by roehlstation View Post

I think when you bring a company back from near extinction to become the second most valuable company in the entire country you are entitled to a little arrogance. Besides, if someone blames you for something not working that you put a lot of time and effort on, wouldn't you be a little defensive as well? We're talking about a phone here, it isn't like there are millions of gallons of crude oil leaking into the ocean.

They're still customers. That's just bad business. You wouldn't want to shop at a store where the owner is constantly belittling you and thumbing his nose at you. Not saying Steve Jobs can't, just that he shouldn't.
  • Reply 25 of 117
    mj webmj web Posts: 918member
    This pisses me off because Steve is one of the few hand on CEOs. In April I got a dud iMac and was thankful Jobs intervened. A-holes like this guy are going to drive Steve to an "official" company blog like Adobe.

http://www.cultofmac.com/apple-ceo-c...727#more-39727
  • Reply 26 of 117
    bdkennedy1bdkennedy1 Posts: 1,459member
    Jason Burford runs an advertising agency and can't spell correctly?
  • Reply 27 of 117
    This proves the point that no matter what their intentions too many people will go for the fast buck if it presents itself. To try to sell these emails genuine or not says 'I am an unprincipled idiot' and we should treat this story with the contempt is deserves and ignore it. If we did that every time perhaps these stories would be worth very little and not show up in the first place, I hope.
  • Reply 28 of 117
    I'm convinced that Apple is getting hosed. I'm sure that there are some attenuation issues. But I have been unable to replicate on my iPhone 4. In fact, I find my EDGE cellular connection (no 3G here ) to be as good if not better than my old 3G (not S) phone.

I'm also starting to bet the sour grapes Gizmodo is helping to fuel this mess. But that is my pure idle speculation.
  • Reply 29 of 117
    bdkennedy1bdkennedy1 Posts: 1,459member
    Would you like to borrow my phone? Or my bosses? Or his wife's?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jrandersoniii View Post

I'm convinced that Apple is getting hosed. I'm sure that there are some attenuation issues. But I have been unable to replicate on my iPhone 4. In fact, I find my EDGE cellular connection (no 3G here ) to be as good if not better than my old 3G (not S) phone.

I'm also starting to bet the sour grapes Gizmodo is helping to fuel this mess. But that is my pure idle speculation.

• Reply 30 of 117
    veblenveblen Posts: 201member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bdkennedy1 View Post

Jason Burford runs an advertising agency and can't spell correctly?

Looks like this guy works for his parents' marketing firm and as a realtor.

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/jason-burford/6/9ba/76

http://www.jasonburford.com/Jason_Bu...n_Burford.html
  • Reply 31 of 117
    anonymouseanonymouse Posts: 6,860member
    From Jobs:

Quote:

... Stay tuned. We are working on it. ...

Stay tuned, they're working it.

I mean, I know they've had a whole week and all, but...
  • Reply 32 of 117
    No way anyone who has been buying and using Apple products for the past 20 years writes "MAC" instead of Mac. It's simply not possible. No. It's a common mistake made by PC users who have no experience with the Mac OS. If this guy is lying about being a long-time Apple customer, what else is he lying about?

Jobs needs to do a better job of screening which customers he replies to. This guy isn't worth it.
  • Reply 33 of 117
    yodamacyodamac Posts: 59member
    Burford Advertising... Can you say "Diversity".

No. I didn't think so.
  • Reply 34 of 117
    wovelwovel Posts: 956member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iansilv View Post

These people are douchebags.

This thread is already better than every other site. Everyone on MR and BGR believes this crap.
  • Reply 35 of 117
    ghostface147ghostface147 Posts: 1,629member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bdkennedy1 View Post

Would you like to borrow my phone? Or my bosses? Or his wife's?

Do you want to borrow mine? It works fine, reception wise.
  • Reply 36 of 117
    diddydiddy Posts: 282member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post

I mean, I know they've had a whole week and all, but...

When you are talking about such a complicated issue and complicated hardware (like wireless radios), coming up with a solution, much less understanding the problem, can take time. Apple has a lot of things going on judging by the demand for iPhones right now.

You gotta be patient.
  • Reply 37 of 117
    nagrommenagromme Posts: 2,834member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TenThousandThings View Post

No way anyone who has been buying and using Apple products for the past 20 years writes "MAC" instead of Mac. It's simply not possible. No. This guy is lying about being a long-time Apple customer.

Ha ha—my thought too.

In any case, if the emails are real (and they seem perfectly plausible), Steve Jobs is just ASKING for it by engaging in this way. A simple answer would have been: “Nearly all phones do something like this, unfortunately. Most iPhone 4 users don’t notice it, but where coverage is weak, I can understand how some might see a problem. Thanks for getting in touch—we’re interested in this issue.”

In the end, most people seem to be getting BETTER connections from an iPhone 4, not worse, so I’m not changing my order
  • Reply 38 of 117
    anonymouseanonymouse Posts: 6,860member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by diddy View Post

When you are talking about such a complicated issue and complicated hardware (like wireless radios), coming up with a solution, much less understanding the problem, can take time. Apple has a lot of things going on judging by the demand for iPhones right now.

You gotta be patient.

Well, since I don't yet have an iP4, it's definitely easy for me to be patient. My post was more directed at those who say Apple isn't doing anything.
  • Reply 39 of 117
    Honestly...this is a pathetic waste of Steve's time. Everyone I know who has an iPhone 4 is not only completely blown away by its quality (fit and build) but impressed with how much better the battery life and reception has been. Yes I agree if you bridge those two gaps together the signal drops but never kills the call on me. It is a slight inconvenience but NEVER worth going BAT SH*T crazy over the CEO of the company. If you don't like the phone take it back and, yea, you may have to pay a restocking fee of some kind but thats the risk of being an early adopter. I think Apple did a bang up great job building this phone.

Compared to an Android, its a work of art. Android phones and flimsy junk phones that are all bells and whistles with no elegance. Their interface is a total disaster with a complete lack of fluidity and thoughtful design. Worst yet...they can't even roll out a single update to all of the hardware producers because everyone wants to make sure that they come preloaded with all these garbage apps.

Apple has a seamless experience from the time you turn the phone on forward. Bravo Apple. Bravo.
  • Reply 40 of 117
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mr Underhill View Post

And a very wealthy one at that.

What's that got to do with anything?