Anti-glare screen protectors: Incipio vs Power Support

Posted:
in iPad edited January 2014
Can anyone comment on if the PowerSupport antiglare film has less of the ?prism? effect than does the product from Incipio?

I?ve been using the product from Incipio ever since I got my iPad and really do like the fingerprint and glare benefit, but I?m growing annoyed at the crystalline-prism effect (most noticeable on white pages) - especially after using the awesome iPhone 4 display.

I realize any anti-glare protector has some downsides. Just curious if the PowerSupport has less of this artifact than does the Incipio product?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Hey I can't comment much because I haven't seen the Incipio but I love my PowerSupport antiglare. There is that prism effect but overall I'm kind of used to it. Short answer, you'll have to see it in person... That said though, PowerSupport is supposed to be the best screen protectors right now IMO, at least for antiglare.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    argeliusargelius Posts: 309member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

Hey I can't comment much because I haven't seen the Incipio but I love my PowerSupport antiglare. There is that prism effect but overall I'm kind of used to it. Short answer, you'll have to see it in person... That said though, PowerSupport is supposed to be the best screen protectors right now IMO, at least for antiglare.

Thanks. I always sort of assumed all these anti-glare films are made in the same factory in Chicago somewhere and then just rebranded/packaged for sale by other companies.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ventus View Post

Yeah, there isn't any revolutionary antiglare out there. It pretty much picking which company you like the best. I've heard so much about the iPhone 4 screen, is it really that amazing??

While admitting I am a total Apple fanboy, the iPhone 4 screen really is phenomenal. There is simply no pixelation whatsoever It's especially evident when you zoom in on text in emails (or elsewhere). All the letters (especially those with curves like "o" and "c") are unbelievably crisp and smooth --no jagged lines even at maximal zoom. Obviously, photos look phenomenal, too. I wont even consider putting an anti-glare film on the iPhone.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Argelius View Post

Thanks. I always sort of assumed all these anti-glare films are made in the same factory in Chicago somewhere and then just rebranded/packaged for sale by other companies.

Whoops -- that should have been 'China', not 'Chicago'...

I live in Chicago and could only wish the US was still capable of mass producing anything other than French fries...

• Reply 5 of 5
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Argelius View Post

Whoops -- that should have been 'China', not 'Chicago'...

I live in Chicago and could only wish the US was still capable of mass producing anything other than French fries...

Yeah I was like, Chicago? LOL... Power Support's earlier batches were made in Japan, at least some of them. But it's probably all China now.