And don't call me Shirley. :P

Quote:
    Originally Posted by huntercr View Post

Surely it's simply the White iPhone.

• Reply 62 of 115
    boeyc15boeyc15 Posts: 986member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Prof. Peabody View Post

Congratulations, the following people (most of the thread at this point) didn't even read the f*cking article or think that what they have to talk about is more important and just don't care about what the article even says.

You all should be ashamed of yourselves either way. :

This person, is practically the only one that got it right at all.

RTFM people! Are you all tired, or just stupid?

Right back at ya!

they did read the article.

Apple(you know the subject of the article) only said something BIG. Nothing else can be infered from those statements.

The writer and an outsider said it's most likely retail only.

Which is probably true, but that's no reason to call everyone stupid. Stupid is as stupid does.
  • Reply 63 of 115
    groovetubegroovetube Posts: 557member
    apple can sure use a real nice big shiny ball right about now.
  • Reply 64 of 115
    nagrommenagromme Posts: 2,834member
    Public bathrooms!!!

This is going to be awesome.
  • Reply 65 of 115
    tetzel1517tetzel1517 Posts: 204member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

Free MobileMe?

This might actually be it. I worked at an Apple Store on and off for 2 years, and MobileMe was, after Applecare, the biggest priority when it came to "attaching" things to Mac and iPhone sales. I actually had an odd knack for selling it to people - "Find My iPhone" and the ease of publishing web galleries reeled the most people in.

Plus, the recent upgrade to the Mail interface, the upcoming beta of the Calendar function, and people being reclassified as "Full Members" all indicate some larger shift is in the works.
  • Reply 66 of 115
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by boeyc15 View Post

Right back at ya!

they did read the article.

Apple(you know the subject of the article) only said something BIG. Nothing else can be infered from those statements.

The writer and an outsider said it's most likely retail only.

Which is probably true, but that's no reason to call everyone stupid. Stupid is as stupid does.

I said what I said because it's a "retail surprise" and it's being reported here and everywhere else that it has nothing to do with new products but only "retail." All the people I replied to didn't even bother to read the article (or at least not very closely), and just spouted off with their favourite theory of what new product they want Apple to produce.

Also, if you read what I actually wrote more carefully yourself, you will see that I did not "call everyone stupid."
  • Reply 67 of 115
    foo2foo2 Posts: 1,077member
    I see an easy cheap shot in this story having to do with a giant hopper for recalled iPhone 4s.

I sincerely hope a recall is not necessary and not in the cards.
  • Reply 68 of 115
    Like the poster said above the Verizon iphone - running on LTE backward compatible with CDMA and unlimited data plan. No dropped calls and fast connections. Cheaper monthly plans too.

Hey I can hope can't I?
  • Reply 69 of 115
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Prof. Peabody View Post

RTFM people! Are you all tired, or just stupid?

Dats telling em.... Not that they'd bother reading your post but A for effort anyway.
  • Reply 70 of 115
    nanoakronnanoakron Posts: 126member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bsenka View Post

Revolutionary for their brick and mortar stores?

How about specific cashier stations so you don't have to hunt down someone when you want to buy something? I've had to put my purchase back and leave more than once because I couldn't find anyone to take my money.

I've never been to an Apple store WITHOUT a cash register at the back.

What planet do you shop on?
  • Reply 71 of 115
    ruel24ruel24 Posts: 432member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iwindows View Post

Like the poster said above the Verizon iphone - running on LTE backward compatible with CDMA and unlimited data plan. No dropped calls and fast connections. Cheaper monthly plans too.

Hey I can hope can't I?

+1, but I seriously doubt it. Here's the upcoming flyer from Verizon for Smartphones that leaked out. Had there been a Verizon iPhone on the near horizon, it probably would be front and center on the flyer.

http://www.droid-life.com/2010/07/13...2-is-official/
  • Reply 72 of 115
    That would totally suck all of the oxygen out of the latest Droid release day, which I think is Thursday.

Let the bumper madness begin!
  • Reply 73 of 115
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tbsteph View Post

Sad to date myself but, that was a line of inquiry used by Steve Allen on the 50's/60's show "What's My Line".

Smock! Smock!
  • Reply 74 of 115
    multimediamultimedia Posts: 1,034member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by success View Post

I haven't bought an iPhone 4G yet because I'm holding out for the whitey.

Believe it or not it's quite difficult to find NICE videos of a white iPhone 4G. I found this one. check it out. Unfortunately it's a PC Mag review but it's the best video out there if you want to check out the whitey.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxc4SVJSmpg

Thanks. Me too. Gotta Be The White iPhone 4.  
  • Reply 75 of 115
    lostkiwilostkiwi Posts: 639member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tetzel1517 View Post

This might actually be it. I worked at an Apple Store on and off for 2 years, and MobileMe was, after Applecare, the biggest priority when it came to "attaching" things to Mac and iPhone sales. I actually had an odd knack for selling it to people - "Find My iPhone" and the ease of publishing web galleries reeled the most people in.

Plus, the recent upgrade to the Mail interface, the upcoming beta of the Calendar function, and people being reclassified as "Full Members" all indicate some larger shift is in the works.

I hope it is free mobileme email, at least for people who haven't renewed their subscription for whatever reason. As has already been mentioned here by a few people, many find it off putting to think that they will lose all their emails if they don't renew, so they simply hardly ever use the email service - which is a shame as I have never had a problem with that aspect of the service. The contact and cal sync on the other hand..... (!)
  • Reply 76 of 115
    The article says that it is something specific to its brick-and-mortar stores.

It is definitely not a new piece of hardware, because Apple Store employees would be the last people you would want to tell. No offense.

My guess it is 1 of 3 things.

1) MobileMe lite - FREE Contact and Calendar syncing for everyone.

It would make sense to promote this to Apple Store employees.

2) Some type of upgrade to the current POS system that uses the iPod touch.

It would make sense to get Apple Store employees excited about using it.

3) Some other major store function becoming digitized and easier to do (planogram/scheduling)

A friend of mine who works for a major retail chain showed me how he can log in and check his store's schedule. If he needs to call out, the web app shows him who is available from his store and other nearby stores to cover for him.

This is the kind of thing RETAIL people get excited about.

Not Apple TVs.
  • Reply 77 of 115
    jerseymacjerseymac Posts: 408member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NanoAkron View Post

I've never been to an Apple store WITHOUT a cash register at the back.

What planet do you shop on?

There is no cash register at the Garden State Mall store. There used to be but they took them out and now use that area for personal training. To check out you have to get an employee with an iPad.
  • Reply 78 of 115
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,310moderator
    Apple call everything they do big and innovative so it could be anything. The Mac Pro is long overdue but I doubt they'd hint at that.

An ATV replacement is a possibility because they might not bother with a media event but it's something you can't really demo properly online.
  • Reply 79 of 115
    richwissrichwiss Posts: 12member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by donlphi View Post

Replacement iPhone 4s with fully functional antenna?

Here here.
  • Reply 80 of 115
    avidfcpavidfcp Posts: 381member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wizard69 View Post

For those with heavier computing needs. After all they said it would be big.

With the tagline big, it's a TV. 101% guarenteed.