Apple releases iOS 4.0.1 for iPhone, 3.2.1 for iPad

Comments

• Reply 61 of 140
    geekdadgeekdad Posts: 1,131member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by noexpectations View Post

OK...I have 4.0.1 on now. From the exact same location in my home, my bars went from 5 to 3.

It is clear to me why this fix was sent by Apple. Apple is attempting to throw AT&T under the bus. Most (dumb) users will now think that their terrible reception is AT&T's fault and not Apple's poor antenna design.

I have other phones in my house, Samsung and Moto, and they still display 5 bars for AT&T.

Sad.

I was wondering if that was going to be the case.......point the finger at someone else.
  • Reply 62 of 140
    rbonnerrbonner Posts: 635member
    Removed, found the answer
  • Reply 63 of 140
    darendinodarendino Posts: 126member
  • Reply 64 of 140
    daharderdaharder Posts: 1,580member
    Just updated all three iPads in the house, and there are noticeable WiFi improvements.
  • Reply 65 of 140
    banchobancho Posts: 1,517member
    I'm still getting 5 bars here at work after the update.
  • Reply 66 of 140
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MarkAllan View Post

That pretty much confirms my suspicion of what the update was supposed to do - hide the problem by showing a crap signal strength all the time.

It's really sad how people will jump to conclusions that a Fortune 100 company is lying without any evidence to back up their accusations.

Pray tell, where did I say anyone was lying?
  • Reply 67 of 140
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wrlsmarc View Post

i have noticed the proximity sensor has improved significantly on iOS 4.1 beta.

Why should we believe you? You obviously lied when you agreed to the NDA or else you somehow obtained the software in an unapproved manner, so that invalidates your remark in my opinion.
  • Reply 68 of 140
    sacto joesacto joe Posts: 895member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DarenDino View Post

Steve Jobs and Apple Corp are still in denial - cunts !

Pr*ck!
  • Reply 69 of 140
    smiles77smiles77 Posts: 668member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mstone View Post

Why should we believe you? You obviously lied when you agreed to the NDA or else you somehow obtained the software in an unapproved manner, so that invalidates your remark in my opinion.

wow...
  • Reply 70 of 140
    As a note: my iPod Touch 2G in 4.0 does not let me import PDFs from emails into iBooks or any program--it merely shows the first page of the PDF as a JPEG. I can "Save image", but cannot access the PDF. Anyone having this problem with their iPhone?
  • Reply 71 of 140
    Why don't we all wait untill tomorrow and see what they say, we spent alot of money, I'm sure Apple will do the right thing
  • Reply 72 of 140
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Here is how it looks now. Note in the last pic how Android uses the same dB rating for CDMA and GSM and how skewed it is. Going to 89 dB for 5 bars. The iPhone can be in 3 bars now while Android shows 5 bars, but who cares if other handsets are ?inaccurate? so long as it?s all Apple?s fault¡
  • Reply 73 of 140
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jeff Gagne View Post

Why don't we all wait untill tomorrow and see what they say, we spent alot of money, I'm sure Apple will do the right thing

Good advice, and welcome to the forum. One of the better first posts I've seen around here in a while.
  • Reply 74 of 140
    well, you showed that you are a brain..NOT
  • Reply 75 of 140
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mstone View Post

I am not in breach of the NDA. I am commenting on the performance of the phone after the latest update available to developers. I use my developer phone as a normal phone in addition to development activities. In no way did I discuss new apps or features that the update provides. Those are proprietary until Apple releases it publicly.
  • Reply 76 of 140
    abster2coreabster2core Posts: 2,501member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MarkAllan View Post

Update installed. Great. However, my phone is sitting exactly where it was before the update. Prior to installing, it was getting 5 bars, now it only shows 3 bars. That pretty much confirms my suspicion of what the update was supposed to do - hide the problem by showing a crap signal strength all the time.

Won't that just deplete the battery more quickly as the phone uses more power to get a stronger signal?

As Apple said, "?We are adopting AT&T?s recently recommended formula for calculating how many bars to display for a given signal strength.?

You do know what "recently" infers, don't you?

Your response confirms my suspicion of your ability to comprehend.
  • Reply 77 of 140
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

It's really sad how people will jump to conclusions that a Fortune 100 company is lying without any evidence to back up their accusations.

Yes, it's very sad -- and not at all understandable -- that people could even possibly think that huge corporations don't operate with the public's well-being in mind.

• Reply 78 of 140
    svnippsvnipp Posts: 430member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Wurm5150 View Post

My friend who had the proximity sensor issue took his back to the Apple Store and had it replaced with a new unit that doesn't have that issue instead of b!tching about it online. He was in and out of the Apple Store. Problem solved. Perhaps those people with this issue should do the same.

Really??? That's weird. I thought that the proximity sensor issue was pretty much a universal problem. Honestly, I thought this was a software based problem that would pretty much affect all phones rather than a hardware issue. I wonder if maybe I should take in my wife's to see about getting it swapped out? She definitely has problems with the proximity sensor.
  • Reply 79 of 140
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wrlsmarc View Post

I am not in breach of the NDA. I am commenting on the performance of the phone after the latest update available to developers. I use my developer phone as a normal phone in addition to development activities. In no way did I discuss new apps or features that the update provides. Those are proprietary until Apple releases it publicly.

iOS SDK 4.1 beta and iOS 4.1 beta are pre-release software and are considered Apple Confidential Information.

iOS 4.1 beta should only be installed on devices dedicated exclusively for iOS 4.1 beta testing. Do not install this software if you do not have a device dedicated exclusively for iOSS 4.1S beta testing.
  • Reply 80 of 140
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jeff Gagne View Post

Why don't we all wait untill tomorrow and see what they say, we spent alot of money, I'm sure Apple will do what's in the best interest of their share holders.

Fixed that for you.