Apple will give away free cases for every iPhone 4 through Sept. 30

Comments

• Reply 141 of 316
    wonderwonder Posts: 229member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by justflybob View Post

No, I'll just give it to the first person I meet that can demonstrate the problem.

Since launch I have unable to find one....

If I take off my bumper I can replicate the problem 100%, but I'm not moaning I love the phine and the bumper stops the issue.

Maybe I have one of the small sample with problems or maybe they all have the issue in the right conditions. Who knows.

I'm keeping my iPhone 4, and I will be getting my Bumper refund thank you Apple.
  • Reply 142 of 316
    gijoeinlagijoeinla Posts: 215member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by azzurri View Post

BAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAH!

YOU MEAN CON-SU-MER REPORTS? Yup that very one.
  • Reply 143 of 316
    scafe2scafe2 Posts: 61member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Meriana View Post

that's the problem of AT& T, nothing Apple can do about. If you ask, they'll tell you that they're watching AT &T's progress in fixing it.

Its not just AT&T,... us guys over the pond have O2 and Vodafone etc.. and we still experience the same issues,.. sorry but i am not convinced / won over by Steve today,.. i now have a case on my iP4 and still suffer awfully slow data upload / download speeds and am constantly on only 1 bar,.... just to point out where i live we have an excellent cell tower reception, just not with iP4, my wife also has an iP4 and hers is exactly the same.

We dont want to get a refund because besides the reception / download speeds the rest of the phone is awesome,... so was really hoping for a fix today ,.. but hey ho,...
  • Reply 144 of 316
    dick applebaumdick applebaum Posts: 12,527member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by chronster View Post

Actually, from the comments I've read, the people complaining the "loudest" about this ARE the people with the issues.

What is with you people? I've seen ip4 owners complain about this, only to be called a whiner, a troll, and even have their ownership questioned... It's a legitimate issue.

What does that make you? You don't have an iPhone, but make a lot of negative posts on these threads. Every once in a while, you will post with a positive gist-- but usually it includes a little dig or two at Apple for some prior infraction.

Anyone can click on your alias and review your posts, and decide for themselves how objective, open-minded, and interested in solutions you are!

• Reply 145 of 316
    sendmesendme Posts: 567member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ggbrigette View Post

Yes at 10:46, Steve says: "But some have problems and I will apologize to them."

Didn't he say "...I do apologize to them"? He must have said that, because otherwise, it would not have been an actual apology.
  • Reply 146 of 316
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member
    I think the take away from this meeting is "Don't hold it that way when you are in a weak signal area." Pretty much what Steve originally said in that email a few weeks ago.

I'm okay with that compromise. We never were able to completely flat line the bars here in our testing since we have a strong signal. It kind of makes sense though. Like many things in life, you need to take precautions for certain circumstances.
  • Reply 147 of 316
    djrumpydjrumpy Posts: 1,116member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tulkas View Post

AI wasn't even there. I'll take the word of the bloggers that were there covering it...on multiple sites that all said the same thing.

You do realize that AI is using the same news from the same bloggers? Any blogger should be taken with a grain of salt. That said, with such a low instance of reported complaints, it doesn't make financial sense to redesign. Especially when the same issue can be reproduced (5 bars to 1) on any number of non-Apple phones.
  • Reply 148 of 316
    anantksundaramanantksundaram Posts: 20,404member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by StLBluesFan View Post

Did he ever say "sorry" or "I/we apologize?" Just curious as the feed obviously isnt a verbatim report.

It matters exactly how?
  • Reply 149 of 316
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by freddych View Post

I was waiting for Apple's response before I went ahead and bought an iPhone4. I am a current 3GS user, had one crap out on me 2 days after my warranty and Apple replaced it for free, so I feel like I have to use it for a while before I get another phone.

I'm not completely satisfied with the free bumper response, but it's better than nothing. I'd really rather they put some kind of permanent non conductive coating on the antenna so I wouldn't be required to put the phone in a case.

Now I too will have to join the group that says: you should consider holding it differently, or returning it. (I plan to use the bumper case in low-signal areas only).
  • Reply 150 of 316
    grkinggrking Posts: 533member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

However, as long as you're trying to make people stand by their earlier words, where are the people who said that the iPhone was being returned in massive numbers? Where are the people who said it was a massive problem and affected massive numbers of iPhone owners? Where are the people who said that the iPhone was the only phone that dropped calls?

I do not know where they are, but this is a thread about free bumpers, not dropped calls. If such a thread pops up, then I would post the same thing.
  • Reply 151 of 316
    19841984 Posts: 955member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SendMe View Post

I can't believe that they are trying to appease the haters.

So someone who has an iPhone that doesn't work is a hater for expecting it to be resolved? Interesting.
  • Reply 152 of 316
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Scafe2 View Post

Its not just AT&T,... us guys over the pond have O2 and Vodafone etc.. and we still experience the same issues,.. sorry but i am not convinced / won over by Steve today,.. i now have a case on my iP4 and still suffer awfully slow data upload / download speeds and am constantly on only 1 bar,.... just to point out where i live we have an excellent cell tower reception, just not with iP4, my wife also has an iP4 and hers is exactly the same.

We dont want to get a refund because besides the reception / download speeds the rest of the phone is awesome,... so was really hoping for a fix today ,.. but hey ho,...

Do you find reception poor everywhere? HOw have you measured the signal strength giving you "excellent cell tower reception"?
  • Reply 153 of 316
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by latafairam View Post

I feel sorry for the morons who paid $80 on eBay for a bumper. To the people selling these for more than $30.......LOL!

The person who could afford to do that does not need much of your sympathy, I am sure.
  • Reply 154 of 316
    anonymouseanonymouse Posts: 6,860member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

I?ll also be buying a MarWare SportShell case for the iPhone 4 when they finally start shipping.

Which was that aluminum one with the optional carbon fiber back panel you posted the link to a while back?
  • Reply 155 of 316
    dick applebaumdick applebaum Posts: 12,527member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tt92618 View Post

I think the press conference today was perfect - it was exactly what was needed.

I personally thought there was a problem with the antenna - now I'm not actually so sure.

My biggest beef with the iPhone 4 right now is that I can't get one - been waiting two weeks and am informed its likely to be at least a week more.

I think they (Apple) made a major and strategically critical move today, and they said and did exactly the right thing.

I would have liked to see more detail on the prox issue and the 3G-2G handoff issue... though these may require a cycle through FCC approval.

IMO, Apple did what it had to do, and a bit more.

It appears to have satisfied the investors as AAPL is up over $3 since before the meeting began.

The usual suspects, here, seem to be reduced to arguing about the placement of the deck chairs on the Titanic's second voyage.

• Reply 156 of 316
    19841984 Posts: 955member
    The 30-day return window has already expired for most people who currently have an iPhone 4. Maybe they would have already returned them if it were not for the constant "stay tuned" comments implying a fix. AT&T has a restocking fee regardless and even Steve Jobs didn't really know what happens with your contract.
  • Reply 157 of 316
    thespazthespaz Posts: 71member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by frankie View Post

$10 for those bumpers? You're kidding me right. They have machines in China pump those things from a mold faster than you can type. I'd say $1 each is about right.

Have you seen the cases? They're not one solid piece of rubber. They have a hard part that goes around the center, and there's also hard buttons attached to it for volume buttons and power/sleep button.

Wake up. These aren't like most silicone cases.
  • Reply 158 of 316
    sendmesendme Posts: 567member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by macinthe408 View Post

"Look at our phones. They're beautiful. Jony Ive spent 13 years designing it. But for the phone to work, you have to throw this gay-ass cover on it and conceal the fruits of Jony's labor. Why look at a wonderful achievement in industrial design when you can ogle at Hello Kitty's ass?!"

From its looks, fuctionality and style, my guess is that Jony designed the Bumper too.
  • Reply 159 of 316
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by frankie View Post

$10 for those bumpers? You're kidding me right. They have machines in China pump those things from a mold faster than you can type. I'd say $1 each is about right.

I'm curious how you came to that price. Is that including packing and shipping? What about R&D. Or are you just quoting a "dock price".

Could you list your experience in manufacturing molded consumer items in China? Or perhaps here in the U.S. What other items have you worked on?
  • Reply 160 of 316
    justflybobjustflybob Posts: 1,337member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

Where is this queue... I'd like to see it too! Do you have a link, or are you just making an assumption?

Since there isn't any queue yet, the answer is rather obvious.