Apple says just 0.55% of iPhone owners have reported antenna problems

12346»

Comments

• Reply 101 of 107
    dr millmossdr millmoss Posts: 5,403member
    I'm not sure what you meant, but everyone who buys an iPhone 4 has AppleCare on the phone for at least a year.
  • Reply 102 of 107
    ivan.rnn01ivan.rnn01 Posts: 1,822member
    Why do trolls love farting in mud puddle so much? 55% of iOS4.0 devices are outside of the US.

``Aucun(e)' ' at the bottom of the page doesn't mean ``The Physics' '. It means ``None' '.
  • Reply 103 of 107
    mknoppmknopp Posts: 257member
    Could the low percentage of complaints have anything to do with the fact that a phone made of glass is more likely to be put in a protective case by the majority of average users, and thus the issue of bridging the gap would be reduced?

I mean, seriously, if I owned one of these phones I would be putting it in a protective case. Every phone gets dropped, and glass isn't exactly known for being resilient in these situations.
  • Reply 104 of 107
    Perhaps not the best article to make my point, but if Apple can get it to work or buy Zagg so it ships with an industrial clear cover over the metal

http://www.zagg.com/iphone-4-antenna-fix.php

They could be onto something

Quote:

Not all experts think the iPhone 4's design is a bad idea. Haim Harel, president and founder of wireless chip maker Magnolia Broadband, said Apple may have created a design "breakthrough" if it can perfect external antennas for cellphones.

The approach, which saves space for other functions in a phone, was also praised by Franz Birkner, CEO of antenna technology maker Rayspan Corp. "But the challenge of innovation is it inevitably comes with risk," he said.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...Tabs%3Darticle

I hope Apple can get this external antenna to work and patent the hell out of it !!!!
  • Reply 105 of 107
    ivan.rnn01ivan.rnn01 Posts: 1,822member
    Complain rate is low because it's a non issue, as it has been reasonably indicated by Steve Jobs in the very beginning of the whole hogwash.

Well-funded gawkers & psystars --- frankly, this is where US Senate is really welcome to look in --- will not understand.
  • Reply 106 of 107
    Me and a bunch of friends have had ip4s since launch. None of us have had any kind of antenna problems. Well, no, one friend does. He can make this thumb on the left thing happen. But he said its a spot where his old phone didn't work at all so he doesn't care. On the whole, no one has really had any problems. In fact, I'm left handed and I don't have this problem no matter how I hold it.

I think this problem is only effecting people who are in areas where the signal is bad to begin with.
  • Reply 107 of 107
    loptimistloptimist Posts: 113member
    distorteddistorteddistorteddistorteddistorteddisto rteddistorteddistorteddistorteddistorteddistortedd istorteddistorteddistorteddistorteddistorteddistor teddistorteddistorteddistorteddistorteddistorteddi storteddistorteddistorteddistorteddistorteddistort eddistorteddistorteddistorteddistorteddistorteddis torteddistorteddistorteddistorteddistorteddistorte ddistorteddistorteddistorteddistorteddistorteddist orteddistorteddistorteddistorteddistorteddistorted distorted

if every family owns 4 iphones and one of them decided call apple, shouldn't that percentage multiplied by 4 as it represents 4 iphones?

that 0.55% by itself is not low and that 0.55% is under representative.

plus.

return rate, strictly considered, cannot represent the issue.

maybe, 0.1 of 6% return rate for 3GS represent antenna issue,

and 1.6 out of 1.7% return rate for 4G represent antenna issue.

K?