The real iPhone 4 issue: Proximity Sensor

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Apparently the iPhone 4 has one proximity sensor. The previous models had two. How will a software update fix this? Will Apple have a silent update on Sept 30th with a new iPhone with two proximity sensors? What is everyone's proximity sensor experience here, are you dialing random numbers with your face? Will Steve say we are holding our face wrong? Does a case help or worse this issue?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    kurt737kurt737 Posts: 8member
    I've had problems with it from day 1. I can't tell you how many times I've placed people on mute, hold, dialed other numbers and hung up on people. It's been SO frustrating! What's embarrassing is that a lot of people I've done that to know I have an iPhone. They keep joking about it. I'm getting pretty frustrated with it though!
  • Reply 2 of 2
    loptimistloptimist Posts: 113member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kurt737 View Post

I've had problems with it from day 1. I can't tell you how many times I've placed people on mute, hold, dialed other numbers and hung up on people. It's been SO frustrating! What's embarrassing is that a lot of people I've done that to know I have an iPhone. They keep joking about it. I'm getting pretty frustrated with it though!

lol...