Apple releases iTunes 9.2.1 to fix bugs

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 32
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iLoveStuff View Post

This is an outrage!!!

When are they going to fix these issue with the iPhone4?

1. When I cover the speaker with my finger, I can't here it!

2. When I pull my headphone plug out, I can't hear music anymore.

3. I can't read the screen in bright sunlight when I'm wearing sunglasses.

#1-- well what do u expect from a cell phone when you cover the speaker with your FINGER?????

to continue working like your not blocking the sound??? DUH...

#2-- this is a 'Safety' Feature so that you don't blow out your speakers... where have u been???

you just need to press play again or hit the volume button---

#3-- do you have the brightness turned all the way up????

if you don't you won't see ANYTHING!!!!!

when will these newbies LEARN!!!!?????
  • Reply 22 of 32
    mdriftmeyermdriftmeyer Posts: 7,503member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ascii View Post

When will iTunes make the 64-bit transition? Core 2 Duo was the first gen 64-bit, then Nehalem, and now Sandy Bridge is not too far away. Utilize my registers please.

Most likely when Microsoft gets it's 64 bit transition stable. Either that or they will provide a 64 bit only Intel OS X and a 32 bit OS X [Intel/PowerPC] and Windows 32 bit for the time being.
  • Reply 23 of 32
    Question... it says they added audio book support, I expected to be able to see the audio books that I had previously purchased and can see in ipod app ... are they going to be in someother format?

refering to ibooks
  • Reply 24 of 32
    cgc0202cgc0202 Posts: 624member
    Quote:

This is an outrage!!!

When are they going to fix these issue with the iPhone4?

1. When I cover the speaker with my finger, I can't here it!

2. When I pull my headphone plug out, I can't hear music anymore.

3. I can't read the screen in bright sunlight when I'm wearing sunglasses.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Eluard View Post

Quote:
    Originally Posted by rtrader88 View Post

1. Then stop covering the speaker with you fingers.

2. Off course its unpluged!!

3. Then stop wearing your sun glasses.

People just complaint about anything. If you dont like it, return it!!!!!

I believe he was joking! (And I'm hoping you are too!)

I believe the appropriate term is "sarcasm" not simply a joke, if I understood the intent of the original poster correctly.

Other Reactions:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by hittrj01 View Post

I don't know which is worse... that it only took 2 posts before someone tried to hijack this thread with iPhone 4 stuff, or that I'm not even surprised?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Blackintosh View Post

I agree. A glossy screen on mobile devices! Nice goin' Jobs and Ive.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bitzandbitez View Post

#1-- well what do u expect from a cell phone when you cover the speaker with your FINGER?????

to continue working like your not blocking the sound??? DUH...

#2-- this is a 'Safety' Feature so that you don't blow out your speakers... where have u been???

you just need to press play again or hit the volume button---

#3-- do you have the brightness turned all the way up????

if you don't you won't see ANYTHING!!!!!

when will these newbies LEARN!!!!?????

If I read the original poster correctly, I should caution others to read, pause and digest what was posted, before a knee-jerk response. Here are some previous posts of the original poster.

Quote:

I am totally cool with my iPhone4. If Apple recalled it, I wouldn't send it in because it works great the way it is> with the bumper.

I'm also a windows user, I'm still using the XP64 from... I think six years ago, because that was the last good OS they put out. If I could do my window apps on macOS I would dump all my windows machines out the window.

Quote:

A free bumper with your iPhone4 and be done with it!!!

Of coarse, Apple haters will never let it go, but who gives a f__k what they think anyway!

On the other hand, if a software fix is actually possible, that would be even better.

A full recall is not going to happen because the iPhone4 works great with a damn bumper on.

CGC
  • Reply 25 of 32
    aquia33aquia33 Posts: 70member
    I did not have an issue until I installed this update. Attempted to drag & drop an iPad app from one home page to another, dragged ok, but would not drop. I had a grayed app permanently attached to the cursor. Could not quit itunes or switch to other app. Had to reboot, first forced reboot in a long time.
  • Reply 26 of 32
    charlitunacharlituna Posts: 7,217member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by blogorant View Post

Umm... Maybe you didn't get the memo but... Macs never ever, ever need to be rebooted. It's because they are decended from God.

There is no such memo because yes they do. Perhaps not for 'freezing' type stuff but certainly for software upgrades

As for the God comment. even he had done a few reboots when things weren't working. The Flood, Sodom and Gomorrah etc. The whole 'father a kid with a human woman' thing was an attempted OS rewrite if ever there was.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ascii View Post

When will iTunes make the 64-bit transition? Core 2 Duo was the first gen 64-bit, then Nehalem, and now Sandy Bridge is not too far away. Utilize my registers please.

The answer to your question could be tied to the answer to another. What is the overwhelming advantage to a 64bit itunes. Personally I can't see one. Tapping the whole 2 GPU for watching movies sure. Especially if this talk of a new video format is true. But 64 bit. What would it do for users that is so 'gotta have' for the whole market that they need to do it.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bluespider View Post

Question... it says they added audio book support, I expected to be able to see the audio books that I had previously purchased and can see in ipod app ... are they going to be in someother format?

Sounds like you are talking about 2 different things.

there are audio books which are audio readings in mp3 etc. then there's this new support which is audio within ibooks which could be used for universal access, pronunciation teaching in language guides etc
  • Reply 27 of 32
    prof. peabodyprof. peabody Posts: 2,860member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DeltaMac View Post

Did you restart your Mac yet?

They don't show up on any of my machines until I reboot the machine. So yeah, another reboot bug. Why the f*ck they can't get simple things like that right is a mystery to me. Apple's level of quality is so unimpressive lately.

If anyone else is having this problem, a reboot (which shouldn't be necessary and is explicitly said by Apple to not be necessary), ... is actually necessary.
  • Reply 28 of 32
    porchlandporchland Posts: 478member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by drdb View Post

A performance update for iBooks would be very welcome, it runs great on my iPad, but on my 3GS it's a bit to sluggish so I stick to Stanza for that.

iBooks was running extremely buggy on my iPhone 3G; when I opened a book, I got an error message that either chugged for a while before the book finally opened or crashed the app.

I haven't had any problems with iBooks on my iPhone 4 even before this update.
  • Reply 29 of 32
    I think iBooks is turning out to be a fantastic app - discovered the dictionary function yesterday.

Apple just needs to update iTunes to include native support for reading eBook files straight out of the bookshelf, rather than having to go to third-party software.
  • Reply 30 of 32
    mdcatmdcat Posts: 79member
    It'd be nice (and might promote more sales of iPads!) if Apple would list on their website all the books available for download with an iPad.

At present, as an Apple person told me on the phone, the only way to search for books for the iPad is to use the iBooks app, which means buying an iPad.
  • Reply 31 of 32
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mdcat View Post

It'd be nice (and might promote more sales of iPads!) if Apple would list on their website all the books available for download with an iPad.

At present, as an Apple person told me on the phone, the only way to search for books for the iPad is to use the iBooks app, which means buying an iPad.

You mean books that are sold by Apple? Because currently you can essentially put any book on iBooks as long as you have an electronic version of it and a copy of calibre
  • Reply 32 of 32
    This is really a great article. Apple releases a new iTunes 9.2.1 update that fixes bugs and addresses security issues, and also updated its iBooks application for iOS, with improved performance.

With Regards

recover data

http://www.datadoctor.biz