Apple says white iPhone 4 won't arrive until later this year

Comments

• Reply 41 of 223
    aervaerv Posts: 4member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DJinTX View Post

Did you really not understand I was joking? Really?? I mean there is no such thing as GNN. And I made silly references/ There wasn't one serious thing in my post. Not even close.

lol after I started to think about it I didn't think that gnn was real, lol but it sounded real at first lol
  • Reply 42 of 223
    superbasssuperbass Posts: 688member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rabbit_Coach View Post

Why should they reengineer the antenna system?? 99.45% of users are OK with the antenna as it is. So apple is not likely to go through such useless efforts and generate probably antennas with less overall reception quality.

Don't you mean that 99.45% of users haven't returned their iPhones?

I think saying that that many are okay with the shitty antenna is a stretch, even by fanboy standards. The fact that they're only giving out free "$30 rubber bands" until September points to them producing a less-retarded antenna design update which will replace the current stock in September...

If the white iPhones are already going to be delayed until August, why not just incorporate a new antenna design and push them back until September. That'll also give Apple a bit more hoopla to spread for the iPhone 4.5
  • Reply 43 of 223
    anonymouseanonymouse Posts: 6,857member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Blackintosh View Post

... I think these iPhone threads are made up mostly of kool aid drinking teenagers who spend most of their time texting while crossing the hiway instead of using their phone to make calls. That's the only reason I can come up with why no one cares if they can't hold a call.

So, what's the consensus? iGenius? Someone else? Completely new troll?
  • Reply 44 of 223
    Quote:

And now the Apple apologists come out of the woodwork. Time to put down the Kool Aid and face facts.

The external antenna with the gap right near the users palm is a failure. It is probably the greatest example of form over function in history. The Apple engineers begged Steve Mobs not to embrace it and Mr. Egomaniac did it anyway. And now Apple has to pony up and buy the whole world free cases. What does that tell you?

Troll away, your July 2010 join date gives you away. Go gripe on Digg, which is chock full of trolls.
  • Reply 45 of 223
    bkerkaybkerkay Posts: 139member
    Quote:

Going off topic is expected here. But to answer your question, someone earlier suggested that a white iPhone might be delayed because a redesigned antenna is forthcoming. And that person was jumped on by someone who said there was nothing wrong with the antenna and had statistics to back it up.

I found it amusing that the tone of the forum went from "the antenna is a big problem to no problem at all" after the Jobs press conference. I tried to point that out and was accused of vomiting on another poster. While it may be true about the vomit, I felt like I had stuck a fanboi nerve and wanted to explore that.

If you have been here longer than five minutes, you know that nearly every thread regarding the iPhone and iPad descends into madness.

That's why I prefer discussing the Mac. I find those threads informative, like the one where the iMac has a better than hi def display but can't play content above 720P. Didn't know about that.

I think these iPhone threads are made up mostly of kool aid drinking teenagers who spend most of their time texting while crossing the hiway instead of using their phone to make calls. That's the only reason I can come up with why no one cares if they can't hold a call.

Actually, I have been on this forum longer than 5 minutes. But just because of that, doesn't mean it should go into a rat hole. And yet, you could of ignored it and let the discussion go back to the actual topic.

People care... but a lot of people don't have issues with the newest phone either.... like me. I've had the iPhone 4 since day one actually -1 day (got it on the 23rd). And I've been to IL, CO, IN, OH, Penn., NJ, NY, Conn., ME, MA, NH and VT. In both big cities and rural areas, inside and outside. Never had reception issues, data issues or dropped calls and all this without a case around the phone. And my style of holding the phone in my left hand has not changed either.

So I don't know how much of an issue people are really having. Or just reading about it and joining in on the vocalization (aka complaining). Don't like it... return it. Like it... keep it and use it. Simple as that.

Do you have an iPhone 4? Are you having issues?
  • Reply 46 of 223
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post

So, what's the consensus? iGenius? Someone else? Completely new troll?

Too complicated of a sentance to be Techstud
  • Reply 47 of 223
    c4rlobc4rlob Posts: 277member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bkerkay View Post

Could be.... but sales are not slowing down. So they can stop all the hatred and just accept the facts.... people like the iPhone 4.

Ditto. I'm seeing more and more iPhone4's in NYC out in the open everyday. More than I saw of the 3GS. And I'm seeing them because people are using them without cases. People must like the all glass-body in their hand and must not be having antenna problems. And I don't buy the argument of not having enough cases. There are plenty of skins for it in NYC stores. And their are several 3GS cases that accommodate its footprint (except for the camera flash).
  • Reply 48 of 223
    anantksundaramanantksundaram Posts: 20,403member
    Quote:

The white iPhone will be exclusive to Verizon, launching in January.

Welcome to AI, Mr Seidenberg!
  • Reply 49 of 223
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Macadamias View Post

Worse than the BP oil spill? Mass recall only way to save Apple? World trembling on the brink? Do you even HEAR yourself? How about some freaking perspective?

And maybe... people hear just don't want to hear others spouting off about the antenna while disregarding the facts we already know. After all, we've been reading such opinions and been blasted with them for over a week.

You wanna, have a DISCUSSION? Try not putting everyone who disagrees with you in one camp and label them as deluded. Try sticking to facts and not going off the deep end where even people who would otherwise agree with you, won't follow.

I think if there is some sense-smacking with a clue-bat going on, you could use a few whacks yourself. Physician heal thyself.

If I could figure out how to put a picture in a post, I would share a really funny cartoon with you. Two guys are in a newsroom and one is yelling "stop the presses!" The other says "Did they figure out how to plug the BP leak?" and the other says, "No, they fixed the iPhone 4!"

It is my perception that the world cared more about the iPhone antenna issue than the BP oil spill and that cartoon really was, as you like to say here, "spot on."

Just admit a glass iPhone with an external antenna was a dumb idea and we can leave the clue bat in the trunk, alright?

And yes, I do think everyone here is deluded, while I am completely normal. I do own an iPhone 4 and I get good coverage in my area. If I didn't I would have returned it. Would you have? Or would you have had another glass of apple juice and lived with it? For the sake of my stock, I hope you would have kept it. HAH!
  • Reply 50 of 223
    rsmrsm Posts: 15member
    Quote:

And now the Apple apologists come out of the woodwork. Time to put down the Kool Aid and face facts.

The external antenna with the gap right near the users palm is a failure. It is probably the greatest example of form over function in history. The Apple engineers begged Steve Mobs not to embrace it and Mr. Egomaniac did it anyway. And now Apple has to pony up and buy the whole world free cases. What does that tell you?

It tells me that if you have problems using the iPhone 4 you are more than likely a retard.
  • Reply 51 of 223
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post

I don't understand why Apple is bothering with a white iPhone. Who cares? Just drop the stupid thing and move on.

Might be stupid to you, but not to my wife....\
  • Reply 52 of 223
    That is going to kill sales. Everybody knows its not coolto buy a white phone after labor day.

The problem is simply one of coloration, or discoloration. This likely has nothing at all to do with the antenna issue, which, if they intend to fix it, they are no doubt working on for both black and white, to avoid discrimination suits.
  • Reply 53 of 223
    rabbit_coachrabbit_coach Posts: 1,114member
    Quote:

It tells me your opinion is completely out of date. And thus irrelevant.
  • Reply 54 of 223
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by diddy View Post

ETA: Apple Link. http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2010...statement.html

Wow. That's pithy.
  • Reply 55 of 223
    rkrickrkrick Posts: 66member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Smiles77 View Post

Wow. I am bummed out. Waiting for this phone to switch from Verizon. My contract ends in one month, and I was hoping there would be available stock of the white when that happened. Hmph. I'm getting closer and closer to just buying the new iPod Touch coming out Sept. 7 and keeping my current dumb-phone.

Why not just get the black iPhone as the iPod touch will probably be black as well. Not to mention that no one knows yet if the touch will even have a rear facing camera yet alone a front facing camera. The iPhone should also be cheaper than the touch with the subsidies and you won't have to carry 2 devices. Another thing to note is that the touch will only have WiFi connectivity and no 3G so you will only get data when you have WiFi.
  • Reply 56 of 223
    ricmacricmac Posts: 65member
    @Blackintosh

Deep inside yourself You are still the 14 year old kid nobody liked in school. Everybody called you a nerd, the girls didn't like you and the jocks picked on you. You come here to flame and for a moment it makes you feel like a real man. You will never be a real man, just a pathetic little boy
  • Reply 57 of 223
    lilgto64lilgto64 Posts: 1,147member
    I was planning to get a black one for me and a white one for the wife to more easily avoid getting them mixed up - on the other hand I will likely get an IvySkin case for mine and can get some other case for hers so that they are distinct enough to avoid confusion.
  • Reply 58 of 223
    jukesjukes Posts: 213member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by columbus View Post

Is this because no one can buy the white ones?

[agree]

It's hard not to be more popular than something that isn't available.
  • Reply 59 of 223
    rabbit_coachrabbit_coach Posts: 1,114member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by msantti View Post

Weird.

Apple can produce (and ship) a super high quality phone but can't get white paint to be properly applied on glass.

Just does not make sense to me?

Well, picked up a 2nd phone for the wife yesterday. She sort of prefered the white but I talked her out of it about a week ago.

Glad I did now.

Yeah I actually would have preferred the white one this time. But will go for the black one as well. Who knows whether it will be produced at all.

The point is, white is not just any color. It is on transparent materials probably the most difficult color to apply..
  • Reply 60 of 223
    multimediamultimedia Posts: 1,034member
    Yeah I was very near the front of the walk in queue in Palo Alto on launch day - even spent the night there - but didn't buy because I thought the White delay would only be a few weeks. Now I see I should have pulled the trigger then and there. It isn't worth it to me to wait even longer than next week. I read this Sunday Apple Stores will have unreserved ones for sale on a first come first served basis.