Secunia issues contradictory vulnerability report assailing Apple

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 23
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by john galt View Post

Jaguar? Panther? Even my ten year old iMac is running Tiger. Who cares about it any more?

Secunia seems hell-bent upon discrediting itself.

Security advisories do not expire or "go away" when a patch or fix is made public. Do you understand why?

Despite some Apple nut's effort to re-write history this morning via Wikipedia, Secunia is a well-respected company in the security community. It doesn't pull any punches, whatever the vendor or the OS and is one of several sources enterprises use for breaking security vulnerability info. Any effort to slam them like previous "bad news" sources have been lately (NY Times, Washington Post, Consumer Reports, Gizmodo, bloggers, analysts, etc) is very misguided.
  • Reply 22 of 23
    stashmanstashman Posts: 90member
    I'm color blind so that chart looks about as useful as the report which puts Apple as more vulnerable than Microsoft, it's load of crap.
  • Reply 23 of 23
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Stashman View Post

I'm color blind so that chart looks about as useful as the report which puts Apple as more vulnerable than Microsoft, it's load of crap.

The report didn't say Apple was more vulnerable that Microsoft, in fact it cautioned against drawing such conclusions. Read more closely.

Of course it's crap, as is any negative news about Apple.