Apple adds Motorola Droid X to iPhone 4 death grip page

Comments

• Reply 161 of 278
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    It also won't have your iPhone Apps, that's if you've got any, enjoy your trip to the Android market, good luck finding replacements, don't forget to have your credit card handy.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rind View Post

I tried and tried numerous times to reproduce this on my Wife's Motorola X same result every time. Bars stayed the same.

Guess my next Phone with be Android Based. Maybe the next phone from Apple wont have an antenna problem.

• Reply 162 of 278
    matrix07matrix07 Posts: 1,993member
    Quote:

I tried and tried numerous times to reproduce this on my Wife's Motorola X same result every time. Bars stayed the same.

And there're people saying exactly the same thing with their IP4s, even in this thread. What does that tell you? That Apple is lying, or that Apple is right that the issue happens to every phones and only affect a small part of user?
  • Reply 163 of 278
    rindrind Posts: 66member
    Havent so much as seen the new iPhone in person.

We decided to switch to Verizon since the Wife found out she gets a really nice discount from them. The plan will end up being cheaper then AT&T.

That is the only reason I agreed to switch as I really like the iPhone, But I like keeping money also
  • Reply 164 of 278
    uguysrnutsuguysrnuts Posts: 459member
    Quote:

We decided to switch to Verizon since the Wife found out she gets a really nice discount from them. The plan will end up being cheaper then AT&T.

That is the only reason I agreed to switch as I really like the iPhone, But I like keeping money also

Hey, if Verizon is giving you what you want, there is nothing wrong with that.
  • Reply 165 of 278
    berpberp Posts: 136member
    Quote:

Stay as far away as you can from the iPhone! To hold one in your hand is no way to enjoy a contractual binding agreement with Verizon..., nice discount and all.
  • Reply 166 of 278
    anonymouseanonymouse Posts: 6,857member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by uguysrnuts View Post

Hey, if Verizon is giving you what you want, there is nothing wrong with that.

Apparently they can't. Only 20% of Android owners would buy another Android phone vs. 77% of iPhone owners would would buy another iPhone.
  • Reply 167 of 278
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by LongDukDong View Post

And why don't you stop lying, you pathetic Apple Butt-Boy.

Go to one of the grown-up Apple discussion sites like Macintouch, and you'll find plenty of reports about people who weren't given replacement batteries when their bulging batteries were out of warranty.

1) Awesome argument¡ I?m so blindly ?pro-Apple? that I?m telling how to get a free battery and have stated that I?ve done this plenty of times over the years, instead of telling people that it?s their fault and they need to pay Apple for another battery, thus increasing their profit. Again, awesome argument¡

PS: To those with bulging batteries, make sure you emphasis the bulge of the battery, the affect it has on other components, and the state the potential fire hazard. This is Apple?s problem, despite what the trolls want to tell you.

PPS: Mods, why isn?t this guy banned? I don?t think he?s made a post that wasn?t an attempt to harass and insult posters. Even though he?s quite bad at it and I can see how you might feel sorry for him, it?s still detracts from the thread

Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

Edit: retracted. Can't think of a post that isn't taking one side or the other.

Then take both sides by forming two arguments, or a completely different PoV.
  • Reply 168 of 278
    anonymouseanonymouse Posts: 6,857member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

I agree and disagree. Yes, they are ready to move on but they will jump at the chance for any info that will paint Apple in a bad light. Media today is based on page hits and that is a first-come-first-serve business. The past and future don?t matter, only the now, so I don?t think a single media outlet is even concerned about how they looked a couple weeks ago on this issue.

I wasn't so much referring to the "media" as about individual, reputable journalists who have some pride and integrity involved in what they do. For them, looking like a fool is not so pleasant, and they realize that they were totally played on this issue.
  • Reply 169 of 278
    robin huberrobin huber Posts: 3,949member
    According to Huber's Law, by the time the suffix "gate" gets appended to an issue, it has 90% blown over. N.B. The only "gate" exception to the rule is the original, the political dirty tricks break in at the Watergate. But then, "gate" wasn't added, it just was.
  • Reply 170 of 278
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post

I wasn't so much referring to the "media" as about individual, reputable journalists who have some pride and integrity involved in what they do. For them, looking like a fool is not so pleasant, and they realize that they were totally played on this issue.

Point taken.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Robin Huber View Post

According to Huber's Law, by the time the suffix "gate" gets appended to an issue, it has 90% blown over. N.B. The only "gate" exception to the rule is the original, the political dirty tricks break in at the Watergate. But then, "gate" wasn't added, it just was.

Suffix-cation?
  • Reply 171 of 278
    bcs123bcs123 Posts: 46member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by phalanx View Post

Please enlighten us where on any other phone you can put one finger and lose 5 bars? "Industry wide phenomena" my eye. Apple diluted this problem by talking about a "Death Grip". No one complained about a "Death Grip". They complained about the fact that if any part of their hand touched one spot on the side of the phone, it dropped calls. Grow up Apple, we are not in the 1st grade anymore, admit you screwed up and fix it, and move on. Don't point at your other classmates. MAN UP!!!! I guess the "great innovators" "missed a spot".

Apple did admit they made an imperfect phone and they are trying to move on. It's people like you that won't move on. The phones gotten great reviews, people are loving theirs and there's a line a mile long to get one. I think it's time for the "finger of death" naysayers to move on. The phone works fine. The finger of death is logically comparable to the death grip because in daily use you grip your phone, not finger it moron.
  • Reply 172 of 278
    postulantpostulant Posts: 1,272member
    Quote:

PS: To those with bulging batteries, make sure you emphasis the bulge of the battery, the affect it has on other components, and the state the potential fire hazard. This is Apple’s problem, despite what the trolls want to tell you.

Absolutely right. I bought my 17" MacBook Pro in 2007. In February of this year, I took it to the Knox Street Apple Store with the bulging battery issue and they replaced it with no questions asked. I didn't have to emphasize anything other than I wanted a new battery.
  • Reply 173 of 278
    Quote:

What's your wife get? I get 18% off my phone bill, but Verizon and AT&T both honor it.
  • Reply 174 of 278
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by matrix07 View Post

And there're people saying exactly the same thing with their IP4s, even in this thread. What does that tell you? That Apple is lying, or that Apple is right that the issue happens to every phones and only affect a small part of user?

I have an iP4 and the most bars I've managed to lose is to go from 3 to 2. Also, the touch wasn't enough, I had to press the entire spot into the palm of my hand to make it do anything. The people who have starting 5 bars and can go to no signal really need to take their phone in for a replacement. The ars testing even showed that is way out of spec.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Postulant View Post

Absolutely right. I bought my 17" MacBook Pro in 2007. In February of this year, I took it to the Knox Street Apple Store with the bulging battery issue and they replaced it with no questions asked. I didn't have to emphasize anything other than I wanted a new battery.

Yep, bulging battery is a fire hazard and replaced on the spot. Anyone who says they are denying it is likely lying. On my old C2D MBP they replaced it without question and I didn't have Applecare and was way out of the normal warranty.
  • Reply 175 of 278
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by g3pro View Post

No, antennagate is about the Finger of Death, not about the deathgrip. Steve Jobs snookered his loyal followers into thinking that Apple is just like everyone else. WRONG. Only the iPhone 4 has the Finger of Death.

Show me another phone which you can touch with one finger and the signal goes to zero.

This is actually a strong selling point for me...

ALL phones have signal issues when held or touched in certain ways

With the iPhone I MAY have to move a single finger

With OTHER phones I may have to rearrange my entire natural grip.

I'm glad that this common problem is much easier to spot and fix on the iPhone. I'm also glad for the better overall signal strength I'll be getting with the iPhone's bold new antenna design.
  • Reply 176 of 278
    Quote:

Suffix-cation?

Ooooo, I like it!

...and, you're right of course about the battery. Without hesitation, Apple replaced my out-of-warranty MBP bulging battery which caused a couple of keys to "stick".
  • Reply 177 of 278
    daharderdaharder Posts: 1,580member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by matrix07 View Post

Given my personal (now 2 week) experience with the iPhone 4 while vacationing in Tahoe (the spouse bought one), I'm going with 'Apple Is Lying'... or at least being highly deceptive.

Note: Your experience may differ, but this one is mine and my family's based on the reality of actually using the handset)
  • Reply 178 of 278
    sendmesendme Posts: 567member
    Har!

This just goes to prove what we knew all along - all cellphones suffer signal loss if held in a certain way. But the Droid Death Grip "iPhone Killer" looses MUCH more than the iP4, which has the best reception of any phone.
  • Reply 179 of 278
    avidfcpavidfcp Posts: 381member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by LongDukDong View Post

And why don't you stop lying, you pathetic Apple Butt-Boy.

Go to one of the grown-up Apple discussion sites like Macintouch, and you'll find plenty of reports about people who weren't given replacement batteries when their bulging batteries were out of warranty.

OT; What do you think they mean when a bunch of non-mac users say that they don't like macs because they think that the machines are tied out and have little control over computer? Speed/ OC/FSB at-cetera? Peace
  • Reply 180 of 278
    daharderdaharder Posts: 1,580member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

It also won't have your iPhone Apps, that's if you've got any, enjoy your trip to the Android market, good luck finding replacements, don't forget to have your credit card handy.

As an avid customer of both 'markets', the truth is that the Android Market has a much larger percentage of quality apps that are either free of charge or priced less than their functionally-equal versions in the Apple Apps Store. As a matter of fact, some of the better GOOGLE Experience apps (Goggles, Talk, Voice, and Full TbT Navigation with Google Maps, etc.) have no real Apple Apps Store equivalents, and are Still Free.

Note: There's no better perspective than that of one having extensive experience with both environments.