Best way to convert video for iPad

Posted:
in iPad edited February 2014
I just purchased an iPad and have some DVD's that I'd like to convert to video for the iPad. These aren't copyprotected DVD's. In the past I've used Roxio's Toast and Popcorn to convert video for my ipod/iphone and AppleTV. Neither of these programs have a selected for iPad though.

I hope a future update to these programs have this feature. Until then though is there another program to convert this video? I hope to find a user friendly program. Both of the above work but also with some DVD's it can be confusing to find the proper files to convert. Thank you for your help.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    dr millmossdr millmoss Posts: 5,403member
    Handbrake works fine for this. Not the most user-friendly interface but it's not too bad once you figure out the quirks. And it's free.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    stevegmustevegmu Posts: 539member
    iSkysoft Media converter works great. Much faster than HandBrake. An 8 or so GB mkv file takes about 30 min. Just select AppleTv h.264 and change the resolution to 1280x720.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    stevegmustevegmu Posts: 539member
    Does anyone know if there is a maximum file size iPad will allow to sync? I can add a 13GB movie to iTunes, yet it won't sync. It is in the correct format, bit rate, and so-fourth.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    george3george3 Posts: 1member
    I have the same problem with conversion video to iPad. Are there any other suggestions?
  • Reply 5 of 6
    handbrake, videora, FormatFactory. These are freeware, and works not bad. but if you have sepecial need, then maybe you should turn to shareware like iskysoft, ifunia...
  • Reply 6 of 6
     I used Pavtube DVD Ripper. It could rip either protected DVDs or unprotected DVDs. The main interface looks really good and the conversion effect is what I appreciate.