Apple removes competitors' phones from iPhone 4 antenna page

Comments

• Reply 61 of 88
    matrix07matrix07 Posts: 1,993member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Firefly7475 View Post

"Babbling nonsense"... are you serious? Jahonen's comment was the most succinct and well written explanation of the issue I've ever read. The FM radio antenna analogy is apt and accurate.

This kind of one-side narrow minded argument hurt your credibility. So what if it affect the phone in poor reception area? You just move your finger a little. Just this little movement and in return you'll get better reception in a lot more places. How is that an issue? You yourself should put a bit of effort in grasping this concept.

I agree with hill60, this all is babbling about.
  • Reply 62 of 88
    ivan.rnn01ivan.rnn01 Posts: 1,822member
    Gыzmooo-O-oodo is ridiculous.

• Reply 63 of 88

Wearing the sword is more effective keeping the peace than using the sword!

• Reply 64 of 88
    When Apple keep shut and quite it's 'stop being ignorant!' Then if we have then report there findings it's 'I CAN'T BELIVE IT, I WON'T BELIVE IT, I'M SO DEEP, MY HEART CANNOT ACCEPT, NO, NO, NO, MUST NOT GIVE IN TO APPLE!' The real 'cult' of the future is going to be Android. The main hating comes from Android users who need to believe that Android is superior to iPhone. I suppose it's natural. I mean users of a platform with less market always look for some superiority complex (see Macintosh). Apple currently delivers a better all round product so Mac users complex is fulfilled, but I do think Android is falling short.
  • Reply 65 of 88
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Foo2 View Post

Bravo! You do a stupendous shuck-and-jive, but it's really unnecessary...

Field Test Mode isn't as complexicated as you suggest. Bring back Field Test Mode, so even nudnik fanboys can show all of us whiners how we were so terribly wrong to complain about iPhone 4 signal attenuation.

Except that wouldn't happen. Field Test Mode would expose the performance of the iPhone 4 antenna and expose Apple's tactics. Ergo Apple will not bring back Field Test Mode. Perhaps someone will do it in a jailbreak system, though. I'll bet you lay awake quivering over that possibility.

Apple lacks the integrity to include Field Test Mode itself on the iPhone 4.

Integrity? Do you have any idea how foolish that sounds?

It's a test mode that is meaningless to the consumer. It has no value. I don't want Apple spending time and money developing and supporting things with no value. I'd rather have them spending their money on important things.

If you want to jailbreak your phone so you have field test mode, go right ahead. Oh, wait. You don't even own an iPhone 4 - you're only here to come up with as many silly Apple-bashing arguments as you can for some pathetic reason.
  • Reply 66 of 88
    technotechno Posts: 737member
    It did it's job in stopping the flow of negative momentum that was beginning to tarnish their image. Now that sales have once again shown their brand image is just fine, good time to remove it before it seems vindictive.
  • Reply 67 of 88
    firefly7475firefly7475 Posts: 1,502member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by matrix07 View Post

This kind of one-side narrow minded argument hurt your credibility. So what if it affect the phone in poor reception area? You just move your finger a little. Just this little movement and in return you'll get better reception in a lot more places. How is that an issue? You yourself should put a bit of effort in grasping this concept.

I agree with hill60, this all is babbling about.

Point to the place in my post where I SAID IT WAS A F***ING "ISSUE"

If you feel like playing a game of "who's phone is better" then leave me out of it.
  • Reply 68 of 88
    bushman4bushman4 Posts: 858member
    Only thing that came out of Antennagate was some free bumbers and a guarantee that IPHONE5 will be redesigned to address he issue.

Other countries not reporting a problem as they have better cell service than America.
  • Reply 69 of 88
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

You want scientific?

It was scientific until the conclusion, at which point you make too many assumptions. If you actually understand the scientific method (which I guess you do after that post) I'm thinking you already know what those assumptions were.
  • Reply 70 of 88
    2 cents2 cents Posts: 307member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Boogerman2000 View Post

It was lame from the start. Smart move to remove.

It was not at all lame. What's lame is that apple is doing Consumer Reports' and the media's job for them. Now the job is done and we can move on.
  • Reply 71 of 88
    pokepoke Posts: 506member
    The funny thing about this is a lot of people claimed Apple was dishonest in its press conference - which wasn't true, they were actually shockingly honest, including stating their contempt for the media - and meanwhile the other handset manufacturers OUTRIGHT LIED about their phones not being susceptible to signal attenuation and were repeatedly caught in the lie by both Apple and independent testers and yet, of course, the tech media just looked the other way.
  • Reply 72 of 88
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Thomas Gilling View Post

The real 'cult' of the future is going to be Android. The main hating comes from Android users who need to believe that Android is superior to iPhone.

A little left field here but I'm going to guess that a majority of people running Android in the future won't even know they are running Android.

Like iOS, Android lends itself well to embedded devices. Within 5 years you're going to see Android popping up in things like printers, routers, TVs, AMPS/receivers, photo frames, alarm clocks, GPS', in-car entertainment systems, NAS devices, children's toys, remote controls, home automation and maybe even the occasional phone

In the "connected world" most of the devices (and especially the ones designed for single specific tasks) will be running Android.
  • Reply 73 of 88
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by techno View Post

It did it's job in stopping the flow of negative momentum that was beginning to tarnish their image. Now that sales have once again shown their brand image is just fine, good time to remove it before it seems vindictive.

"Put up with it and you will get more of it."

• Reply 74 of 88
    if you are still having reception issues, the clock is ticking... TAKE IT BACK AND GET YOUR EFFIN' FULL REFUND!!!

The iP4 has the best reception of all iPs.

Don't hold it in that unnatural way!

(personal i bridge the gap daily to test if just by chance I can reproduce it-well needless to say, I CANNOT REPRODUCE IT!!)

I wonder how many people would be bridging the gap had they never been told where it was and how to do it. Honestly I think those with issues are LOOKING for issues. They need to grow up and get an HTC EVO-or a lan line.
  • Reply 75 of 88
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by poke View Post

The funny thing about this is a lot of people claimed Apple was dishonest in its press conference - which wasn't true, they were actually shockingly honest, including stating their contempt for the media - and meanwhile the other handset manufacturers OUTRIGHT LIED about their phones not being susceptible to signal attenuation and were repeatedly caught in the lie by both Apple and independent testers and yet, of course, the tech media just looked the other way.

Nokia and RIM didn't seem to lie. I guess it's like that when you have a team of lawyers looking over ever word you write
  • Reply 76 of 88
    brucepbrucep Posts: 2,823member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

I guess the positive stories coming from the International launch are doing a better job at nullifying the damage being done by a pack of mainly American whiners than all the videos pointing out the truth were doing.

Sued?

For what?

"Give me your tired, your poor,

Your death grip obsessed, whining masses yearning to be drop out free,

The wretched refuse of your teeming shore,

Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,

I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

powerful post

• Reply 77 of 88
    mennomenno Posts: 854member
    Ok, reality check here guys.

Go look at the Motorola Droid X video. No seriously, go look at it.

Check out how he is holding the phone. See his fingers? They're wrapped ENTIRELY around the device. Now tell me this, do you know of ANYONE who holds the phone like that while on a call? ANYONE. For one thing, his finger is COVERING the Mic (so he's not doing it for calls) and it's also covering the screen, so no web surfing like that either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJG7pbSRvJ8

The answer is no because he's holding the thing like a marathon stick not a phone. It's entirely un-natural.

Now go look up a video about the Iphone Antenna issue. Check how they are holding it. This is an entirely NATURAL position for a lot of users:

Cnet:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGxENOp4XUQ

This is beyond the issue of "it only effected a few users" or "other people did it first."

For one, isn't apple supposed to be the superior company? Then why do the petty 4yr trick of "Jimmy does it TOOOO MOOOOM!" Secondly, the "jabs" other companies made were paper ads that had a funny one liner. What apple did would be akin to having ATT do a commercial where they took a verizon (or sprint/tmobile) phone, shoved it in a lead box and said "see? they drop signal too!"

It was poorly done by Apple, and petty to boot. If you're going to make the claim that other phones suffer from the same issues, you need to show the phones doing the same thing when held the same way.
  • Reply 78 of 88
    matrix07matrix07 Posts: 1,993member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Firefly7475 View Post

Point to the place in my post where I SAID IT WAS A F***ING "ISSUE"

If you feel like playing a game of "who's phone is better" then leave me out of it.

So it's not an issue, then what is Apple hiding jahonen talking about that you're so supportive?

It is time to move on but some people still hellbent on clinging to it.
  • Reply 79 of 88
    Antennagate was soooo July. It's now August. Get with the times!
  • Reply 80 of 88
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by davidcarswell View Post

if you are still having reception issues, the clock is ticking... TAKE IT BACK AND GET YOUR EFFIN' FULL REFUND!!!

The iP4 has the best reception of all iPs.

Don't hold it in that unnatural way!

(personal i bridge the gap daily to test if just by chance I can reproduce it-well needless to say, I CANNOT REPRODUCE IT!!)

I wonder how many people would be bridging the gap had they never been told where it was and how to do it. Honestly I think those with issues are LOOKING for issues. They need to grow up and get an HTC EVO-or a lan line.

Neither can I. The iPhone 4 works everywhere. And I don't need a bumper, but was happy to get one free