HERE IT IS!!!

Comments

• Reply 21 of 121
    jjjj Posts: 48member
    The best thing about this thread is it truly is CONFIRMED, and sawtooth didn't even use that damn word in the title
  • Reply 22 of 121
    kidredkidred Posts: 2,402member
    [quote]Originally posted by MacAddict:

<strong>Oh god this is horrible. 1299 to $1799? For an ENTRY LEVEL MACHINE?!?!?!

Insane.</strong><hr></blockquote>

for a G4, superdrive and 15" LCD? The entry level is $1299, the hi end is $1800
  • Reply 22 of 121
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    [quote]Originally posted by MacAddict:

<strong>Oh god this is horrible. 1299 to $1799? For an ENTRY LEVEL MACHINE?!?!?!

Insane.</strong><hr></blockquote>

They'll probably keep a cheap CRT model.
  • Reply 24 of 121
    Kormac was right!
  • Reply 25 of 121
    I don't care if I like it or not, but as long as the average Joe Schmoe does and it will put apple back on the bigshot map. I hope this will give Apple the same boost it did in 1997.. or even bigger.
  • Reply 25 of 121
    kidredkidred Posts: 2,402member
    New slogan tonight-

"MWSF Cancelled: **** You Time"

• Reply 25 of 121
    [quote]Originally posted by Macintosh:

<strong>Airport basestation and 15 inch studio display with superdrive for only 1800</strong><hr></blockquote>

Thats what it looks like i mean.
  • Reply 28 of 121
    Remember that the SuperDrive was about $1000 a while ago and a 15" LCD is $599.

not a bad deal.
  • Reply 28 of 121
    $1,299 for the low end? $1,800 for the high end?

I guess Macs really are "Computers for the best of us" now.
  • Reply 28 of 121
    If you go to <a href="http://www.timecanada.com"; target="_blank">www.timecanada.com</a> and look at the cover photo, you can *just* see the drive tray near the bottom of cpu unit.
  • Reply 31 of 121
    It's fantastic! It's fantastic! It's fantastic!

Man, I just wish there were some specs. That damn Quittner, he had access to it, why didn't he right down the proc speed, the RAM, the vid system, etc......

DANM YUO, QUITTNER!!!!!

SdC
  • Reply 31 of 121
    macaddictmacaddict Posts: 1,055member
    So MacAddict the consumer wants to buy a machine with good expandability for about $1300. He already has a monitor, and doesn't want an expensive LCD.

MacAddict goes to Apple.com and see all that his $1300 will buy him is an entry level iMac. Goes to Dell.com and sees he can buy one of their top end systems for $1300. MacAddict sobs.

EDIT: I'm with you DocGonzo...ouch. Sharper Image watch out!

[ 01-06-2002: Message edited by: MacAddict ]</p>
  • Reply 33 of 121
    You cant see a drive tray, Because Apple Would NEVER use a tray. Slot loading only.

You may be right I think I can see a Slot.
  • Reply 34 of 121
    jobesjobes Posts: 106member
    nope, we're seeing the front of it .... look closely at the anglepoise shot on the front cover of time, you can see the drive bay slightly outlined better in that photo, and you get more of the idea of the whole flexible neck thing ...

fvck me jonathan ives .... that is dope sh!t ...

and i'm now glad i'm stuck in an office at 4am in the uk config'ing an ASIP mailserver which has been hit by a massive spam session ... clouds DO have silver linings ...

mind you i'm even more glad i'm going to be at MWSF later this week to see this babies in the flesh .. no QTVR will do this justice
  • Reply 34 of 121
    MacAddict can buy a Dell, then.

Have fun with XP. It's very cool, if you like cartoons.

SdC
  • Reply 34 of 121
    Joe, I think if you look at that picture a bit harder you *will* see a drive tray.
  • Reply 37 of 121
    sithsith Posts: 25member
    Oh man oh man oh man.... gaaaaaaaaaah I dont have $1800 but I must have one. G4... superdrive... lcd... pant... pant... pant... this is the best possible outcome of the lcd imac rumor. The absolute best. Now I'm wondering what the powermacs will be? Oooo... tomorrow is going to be so cool!

Hmm... if anybody wants my soul, I'll gladly sell it for $1850 (to cover shipping)!
  • Reply 37 of 121
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    [quote]Originally posted by Joe Cool:

<strong>Remember that the SuperDrive was about $1000 a while ago and a 15" LCD is $599.

not a bad deal.</strong><hr></blockquote>

uh.. no. those are retail prices from last year!

superdrive retails for less than 500 now and a 15 inch display likely has a cost around 200-250 now.
  • Reply 37 of 121
    I was just pointing out how i feel OK Nonsuch! It would have been up in 10 seconds anyway I know. I love it, like those swing arm lamps, this thing will sit on a coffee table or anywhere and look cool, its really futuristic and I never imagined them basing a computer on a hemisphere! Any one got the full spec, wheres the drive???
  • Reply 40 of 121
    I see where the top of the pod connects to the base but no tray.