Will the Ipod Touches Upgrade before Back to My Mac Ends?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
The promotion where you get a free ipod touch with a purchase of a mac.

In the past has the free iPod updated to a current gen before the promotion ends? Just trying to figure out the best time to buy my notebook.

Thanks guys!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    reganregan Posts: 474member
    The free ipod touch promo ends on Sept 7th.

That means the new ipod touches will be announced on Sept 8th. LOL.

I'm in the same situation. About to buy a new imac.

I may just buy it now, get the current free ipod touch and immediately sell it on ebay for a profit which I will then use to buy one of the NEW ipod touches with the camera when they come out.

BRILLIANT! :-)
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Agree that it won't compe out before the promotion ends. It's like this every year.

And I couldn't care less about the camera when compared with the prostpect of getting the A4 and Retina Display!!!!!
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Agree, retina display and A4 would be awesome.....but me want CAMERA TOO!

I don't have an iPhone, cause I travel alot, and like my cheap pay as you go virgin phone...which DOESNT have a camera.

I'd love to shoot Video and stills on my iPod touch and transfer them to my ipad while traveling.

Plus, there is rumor that it might get the front AND back camera set up like the iPhone so you could do "face time" over wifi.

Now THAT would be sweet. I don't care what anyone says. :-)

Heck, with the wifi face time and ability to do skype....who needs a phone anymore? Heh heh heh
  • Reply 4 of 5
    I read somewhere in years previous that people were able to get the new generation iPod by just ordering really close to the deadline....... is that true?
  • Reply 5 of 5
    I wouldn't hold my breath. I seriously doubt Apple would give away a brand new iPod touch with a camera. At least I've never heard of Apple doing this for the new iPods.

Apple started this whole back to school "buy a Mac get a free iPod" promo to clear out excess stock of the old iPods....because they usually release the new ones in late feb or early oct.

But hey....what do I know? I'm just a crazy fan boy. :-p