Take a number: Steve Jobs turned away from busy San Fran pizzeria

Comments

• Reply 61 of 249
    ppietrappietra Posts: 288member
    Physics 101! If a light source is on my left my shadow will be on my right!! The shadow under the sun gives the relative position of the sun in the sky, if you remember the sundials used this principle to give the time. So how can the shadows be on the right for some subjects and on the left for the other subjects!? It is impossible, so it can only be a fake. If you dont believe it look outside and you will see that all the buildings have their shadow with same orientation!
  • Reply 62 of 249
    donarbdonarb Posts: 52member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Robin Huber View Post

Explain to me how cast shadows can be in two different angles.

Dude, it's called parallax. Look it up some time.
  • Reply 63 of 249
    jb510jb510 Posts: 129member
    Tomorrow, Steve Jobs shows up, jumps the line and then offers a guy named 'Adam' an iPad for his seat and a slice of Pizza.

Following day Steve Jobs announces next Apple Store location 2401 Harrison Street, SF.

There are so many amusing ways to spin the BS.

I don't mind the occasional fluff story like this, but the headline is over the line click bait. The headline ought to be "Rumor, Steve Jobs turned away from crowded SF pizzeria, photo's authenticity questioned"
  • Reply 64 of 249
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by EauVive View Post

La rue du Bluff, c'est dans quel arrondissement ?

That's why I will NEVER live in the US: you have so few good restaurants, and, consequently, the good ones are always crowded!

it is in the 8em, its a backstreet of the Elysee Palace

"That's why I will NEVER live in the US: you have so few good restaurants, and, consequently, the good ones are always crowded! .."

I think here you are wrong ! there are lot of great restaurants in the US...if you have the money

for it. But Steve just earns $ 1,00 the year, thats why he was standing in line there, making

PR for pizza restaurant. voila, now you know all the trues !

(hmm..I think I should become a news writer to )

bon soir !

dariva
  • Reply 65 of 249
    chris_cachris_ca Posts: 2,543member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by EauVive View Post

That's why I will NEVER live in the US: you have so few good restaurants, and, consequently, the good ones are always crowded!

Yeah, that's what's stopping you from living in the US, right?

• Reply 66 of 249
    dr millmossdr millmoss Posts: 5,403member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Prof. Peabody View Post

A story about an argument on a forum somewhere about a photo of Steve Jobs?

Seriously?

Pretty much explains the internet, doesn't it? The 24/7 non-news cycle. The beast must be fed.
  • Reply 67 of 249
    malicmalic Posts: 14member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Wurm5150 View Post

Steve should've used Siri/Open Table on his iPhone to make a reservation...

Well, you see, this whole event was staged to have a real-world experience to talk about in an upcoming keynote speech in which Apple acquired Siri technology will be showcased...
  • Reply 68 of 249
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by macinthe408 View Post

Obviously not written by an SF native.

Do not call it "San Fran" nor "Frisco." It's "The City." Or, if you're referring to it from outside the Bay Area, San Francisco works just fine.

What should we call you? Jackass?

• Reply 69 of 249
    sendmesendme Posts: 567member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 9secondko View Post

Jobs is married right?

Who was his "companion?"

Hopefully not that young girl next to him.

Not a chance. Steve has always been faithful to his spouses.
  • Reply 70 of 249
    robogoborobogobo Posts: 378member
    interesting, but who cares?
  • Reply 71 of 249
    Apple Insider has officially jumped the shark.
  • Reply 72 of 249
    robin huberrobin huber Posts: 3,949member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by donarb View Post

I have a Masters in lighting design. I understand parallax. It only functions meaningfully at this scale for artificial light sources. The sun is so distant that parallax from its source cannot be perceived by the eye. The angle differentials in this photo are clearly discernible. Cannot be attributed to the sun, and it's clearly broad daylight so they are not attributable to artificial lighting. I am open to being shown wrong, but please explain how I am.

If you are referring to lens parallax, even that it consistent. The difference in shadow angles caused by lens parallax would diverge gradually and sequentially from the point of view of the camera. That isn't the case here. Again, I am happy to be corrected if you know more about lens parallax than I do. Photography is not my specialty, only lighting. But I think I am right here.
  • Reply 73 of 249
    mactelmactel Posts: 1,275member
    The Apple employees need to have and intervention for Steve'o and send him to the "What Not to Wear" show to giving him some modern ideas on what a CEO should wear in public.
  • Reply 74 of 249
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kpilkington View Post

Steve can have a bite of my pepperoni any time he wants!

Steve is a vegetarian ... which rules out pepperoni. Broccoli pizza ... yum.
  • Reply 75 of 249
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jkirk3279 View Post

You're being too literal.
  • Reply 76 of 249
    chronsterchronster Posts: 1,894member
    the funniest part about the story is the image with all the lines trying to validate it's authenticity

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jkirk3279 View Post

Broccoli Calzones are good too
  • Reply 77 of 249
    ppietrappietra Posts: 288member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by donarb View Post

Do you even know what is parallax and what is a shadow!? The shadow is casted by a light source and is defined by the relative position of the subject to the light source! The observation has no influence what so ever in how the shadow is oriented relative to the light source.

Parallax depends on the angle of observation of an object - it results is an apparent difference in position relative to foreground and/or background... but doesnt change the relative positions of objects at the same distance!

In short if a light source is on the left the shadow will be on the right whatever the angle on which you view
  • Reply 78 of 249
    robin huberrobin huber Posts: 3,949member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by chronster View Post

the funniest part about the story is the image with all the lines trying to validate it's authenticity

I think the lines are there to show its INauthenticity are they not?
  • Reply 79 of 249
    chris_cachris_ca Posts: 2,543member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Robin Huber View Post

I think the lines are there to show its INauthenticity are they not?

No.

"another user, "fred," did an illustration with the photo to prove that the shadows in the photo were, in fact, accurate."
  • Reply 80 of 249
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by drow View Post

you've never ever actually been outside, have you? walk outside, find a street, take a photo, examine it. reconsider your notions of what looks fake.

Steve's shadow is hard-edged while the person in the foreground has a slightly fuzzed shadow...

But more importantly, you can pinpoint the sun's position from the pole and wire shadow.

No way Steve could cast a shadow with a different angle ! If the photo was real his shadow would be hidden behind him.