Take a number: Steve Jobs turned away from busy San Fran pizzeria

Comments

• Reply 141 of 249
    tnsftnsf Posts: 203member
    Ah ha! Now the shoe is on the other foot! Supply and demand strikes again!

"We're selling every pizza we can make. We just can't make enough pizzas. Customers just love our pizzas."
  • Reply 142 of 249
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Robin Huber View Post

I was referring to the shadow that appears at about the middle of the left edge of the pic, and goes diagonally toward the upper right on the sidewalk. Two people in the background are stepping on it. I don't see the "red lighted" shadow you are referring to. I didn't mean the telephone lines themselves.

Just curious. Why are you so hostile to people who are just enjoying a normal discourse about this subject? It makes you seem as though you think you are superior to everyone here. All the gratuitous insults about education and intelligence about people you really don't know as living, breathing human beings. I really think you are better than that.

It's sad. Some people LIVE to put down others. As if insisting you're smarter actually makes it true.

Here we have a perfectly good discussion of perspective and 'shopping' and somebody has to spoil it.
  • Reply 143 of 249
    chris_cachris_ca Posts: 2,543member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jkirk3279 View Post

It's sad. Some people LIVE to put down others. As if insisting you're smarter actually makes it true.

Here we have a perfectly good discussion of perspective and 'shopping' and somebody has to spoil it.

My comments may have been incorrect. OK.

I'm willing to eat a bit of humble pie when needed and maybe learn something but now I won't even consider anything dias wrote.
  • Reply 144 of 249
    eauviveeauvive Posts: 237member
    It's called the iPizza.

Don't ask me how it started.
  • Reply 145 of 249
    robin huberrobin huber Posts: 3,949member
    You know, the more I examine the original photo (not the marked up one), I am thinking we just don't have enough information. What I saw as the smoking gun, an anomalous shadow of one of a continuous line of telephone poles behind the shooter might well be something else. It just doesn't articulate properly with the shadows of the phone lines on the sidewalk. It could be one of those arms that come out from a perpendicular pole to hold a stop light over an intersection behind the shooter--we just don't know. I am no longer convinced this is a fake. This has nothing to do with the validity of my or Luis' arguments, just a lack of data. Just for fun I am going to try a Google street view to see what I can learn. Peace.
  • Reply 146 of 249
    tyler82tyler82 Posts: 1,100member
    If anything flour+water should be PRAISED for not letting a billionaire walk in and get a table ahead of someone, forcing everybody else to wait even longer. I have not eaten here yet but I already admire their business practices. Sounds like a humbling moment for Steve that he probably needed and hasn't had in a long time!
  • Reply 147 of 249
    Well, you know how Jobs designed the original Mac?

He wanted it to look like a Cuisinart.

And we already had a "pizza box" Mac.
  • Reply 148 of 249
    100% doctored
  • Reply 149 of 249
    rob55rob55 Posts: 1,291member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Robin Huber View Post

I don't think we'll settle this until one of us on the thread who lives in the city goes down to Flour + Water, stands in the same spot at the same time of day...and put a guy where Steve was standing and take a pic.

You know, when you really think about it, it doesn't really matter. But for those who just have to know, they should do as you suggest and either try to recreate the shot on location or find someone who can. I know, let's call the Mythbusters, they're in the bay area.
  • Reply 150 of 249
    bkerkaybkerkay Posts: 139member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rob55 View Post

You know, when you really think about it, it doesn't really matter. But for those who just have to know, they should do as you suggest and either try to recreate the shot on location or find someone who can. I know, let's call the Mythbusters, they're in the bay area.

Good idea! They already proved the different angles of shadows on the Moon Landing pictures.... this should be cake for them.
  • Reply 151 of 249
    rob55rob55 Posts: 1,291member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bkerkay View Post

Good idea! They already proved the different angles of shadows on the Moon Landing pictures.... this should be cake for them.

Good point, I totally forgot about the faked moon landing episode.
  • Reply 152 of 249
    Perhaps this is why he lost ll that weight, if only he had a personal assistant to make restaurant reservations for him.

Seriously, why is this news?
  • Reply 153 of 249
    shaggyshaggy Posts: 42member
    I believe this story was carried on the network WGAF.
  • Reply 154 of 249
    technotechno Posts: 737member
    fake.

As they state in the article, the shadow is lined up incorrectly. Should correspond with the pole and the couple walking in the shadow of the pole. The wires appear differently because they are horizontal and not vertical like the pole and people.
  • Reply 155 of 249
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ruel24 View Post

He puts his pants on one leg at a time like everyone else.

If I had his money I?d pay people to put pants on me. And I wouldn?t be walking around in public. That seems so pedestrian.

Seriously, this is news? If he threw a fit and demanded a table because he?s Steve Jobs and got turned away or if he bought the restaurant and then fired the guy that turned him away, that would be news.
  • Reply 156 of 249
    dr millmossdr millmoss Posts: 5,403member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

If I had his money I?d pay people to put pants on me. And I wouldn?t be walking around in public. That seems so pedestrian.

Did you mean this literally?
  • Reply 157 of 249
    Four pages of comments over the least interesting thing that's ever happened to Steve Jobs?

Wow...
  • Reply 158 of 249
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dr Millmoss View Post

Did you mean this literally?

I meant it to be a joke. It seems I have failed.
  • Reply 159 of 249
    You guys are arguing about the shadows on the ground? Have you ever seen a Star Wars movie? The shadows line up in each scene, but that doesn't prove anything in the scene is "real".
  • Reply 160 of 249
    dr millmossdr millmoss Posts: 5,403member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

I meant it to be a joke. It seems I have failed.

You mean the part about walking around being pedestrian?