Mad Men - Which is the best season, One, Two or Three?

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
Okay, so obviously I'm late to the Mad Men party. Watched the first two episodes of Season 4, very intriguing. The main thing I like is that it is very much caricature. The audience is not expected to "buy" that this is really what happened in that era, but more like it is presented in a way that is surreal but somehow makes us reflect on our times, our work and relationships. Particularly comparing the show with our current doors-blown-wide-open digital lifestyle era. Love the costumes and set design, as much as I can without being a design wanker.

Okay, to the question. I only want to purchase ONE back season from iTunes Store. What should it be. Season 1, 2 or 3?

Any help appreciated... Cheers

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    I need to watch this.. I've been meaning to but since I like in France it's been rather difficult.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    *cough* pi***bay.com *cough* ... Or more legally (or less illegally, depending on how you view it) ... Just get a US iTunes Store gift card.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Don Drapper FTW.

My wife liked the line where the office doofus is playing Mouse Trap and says "I want to see what makes it work." and Drapper says "I want to see what makes you work!"

That and "Bring me more ideas to reject."
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Ha...

I liked the scene when Betsy takes a 410 to the nieghbor's pigeons.

(The nieghbor had it coming.)

Season 1, I think.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Cheers... Thanks for the suggestions.