How to get a job at APPLE Corporate?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Any tips?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    Can anyone help me? I'll take any tips, suggestions etc.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    bbwibbwi Posts: 812member
    LinkedIn, Facebook... be an overachiever
  • Reply 3 of 9
    Thanks for the replies, but I have already done the obvious things like applying to jobs on the Apple Careers site and contacted people on Linkedin. But most people don't seem to reply to messages on Linkedin. And of course you don't get a call back just by applying on the careers site as your resume is probably lost amongst thousand others . I have to give Facebook a shot.

Any other ideas?
  • Reply 4 of 9
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Apple uses its jobs site, and also posts on Dice, Monster, etc. However, all jobs are posted on their jobs site, so it is the best place to go.

Apple doesn't pay all that well and the location sucks. Why work at apple? There are dozens of startups that make iPhone/iPad stuff. Why don't you look at these? Startups are way more fun.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Splinemodel View Post

Apple uses its jobs site, and also posts on Dice, Monster, etc. However, all jobs are posted on their jobs site, so it is the best place to go.

Apple doesn't pay all that well and the location sucks. Why work at apple? There are dozens of startups that make iPhone/iPad stuff. Why don't you look at these? Startups are way more fun.

Is there a listing of such companies like on a local small business website or something?
  • Reply 6 of 9
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Get your wife to get you a 415/650/408 phone number and a local address. There are enough engineers in the valley that they are not going to hire non-locals, or pay relocation. There are many companies that hire mech-e's. Use dice.com and craigslist.

Where is the grad school?
  • Reply 7 of 9
    bbwibbwi Posts: 812member
    I'm guess Apple has the pick of the litter right now when it comes to talent. Being a mech eng might not be enough to get in the door. Thats why I mentioned LinkedIn or Facebook because you need to know someone at Apple to get in the door. But I would think you'd need to specialize in a technology they're currently looking for... an antenna engineer might be a good one right about now.

I also like Splines point that you should get a local address. You could always take a trip up there and ask around at some of the local recruiting offices if they have any advice for you
  • Reply 8 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Splinemodel View Post

Get your wife to get you a 415/650/408 phone number and a local address. There are enough engineers in the valley that they are not going to hire non-locals, or pay relocation. There are many companies that hire mech-e's. Use dice.com and craigslist.

Where is the grad school?

What other companies are really doing well right now in the Silicon Valley? And what industry is a good one to get into right now - Technology, Semi-conductor, Solar etc.?
  • Reply 9 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by saintforlife View Post

What other companies are really doing well right now in the Silicon Valley? And what industry is a good one to get into right now - Technology, Semi-conductor, Solar etc.?

There are dozen and dozens of companies in Silicon Valley that are doing fine, and hire mech e's. You will find that Silicon Valley is geographically segmented by market. Most of the hardware companies are near Santa Clara, so it is convenient for someone like you to live there. I actually live in SF, which has a fair amount of mechanically oriented startups, but you wouldn't want to commute between Santa Clara and SF. Plus, there are a lot more mechanically oriented companies in Santa Clara and San Jose.

Do your own search. All of these companies post jobs online. They will not return your calls or email unless you have a local address on your resume. End of story. I know, because I moved here in 2007, and I re-applied to several jobs once I got here (and got offers) despite the fact that they did not give the time of day when I had a Florida address. I don't know your qualifications, but the job market here, like anywhere else right now, is not optimal. It will take some time to find a job.