Online dating service finds iPhone owners have more sex partners

Comments

• Reply 81 of 132
    macrrmacrr Posts: 488member
    Just the other evening the general manager of the Kona Ruth Chris came over to see how our meal was going just in time to over hear my GF telling me how she was going to give me my daily morning head, and just got done knocking boots this morning to see this pop up in apple related news. I own an iPhone and it's totally true. I get more play than a pro athlete.
  • Reply 82 of 132
    So, I'm a 25 year old gay conservative who owns an iPhone and is in a committed relationship with one guy and enjoys lots of sex.

Based on this survey and everyone's comments, that's bound to make some heads overload and explode.
  • Reply 83 of 132
    anonymouseanonymouse Posts: 6,860member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iReality85 View Post

So, I'm a 25 year old gay conservative who owns an iPhone and is in a committed relationship with one guy and enjoys lots of sex.

Based on this survey and everyone's comments, that's bound to make some heads overload and explode.

Well, yeah, I'm really having trouble with the gay conservative part. Sounds sort of like being a black klan member.
  • Reply 84 of 132
    Naysayers exist on both sides of the aisle. It has little to do with whether someone is conservative or liberal...
  • Reply 85 of 132
    ssquirrelssquirrel Posts: 1,196member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post

Well, yeah, I'm really having trouble with the gay conservative part. Sounds sort of like being a black klan member.

"Where all the white women at!?"
  • Reply 86 of 132
    zbellzbell Posts: 3member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kyle76 View Post

There must be a joke about Palm in there somewhere, but damned if I can think of it.

Palm users are more likely to suffer from Pre(TM)mature ejaculation.

Meh, I gave it a shot.
  • Reply 87 of 132
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SSquirrel View Post

"Where all the white women at!?"

HAH!!

As a single 30-something lesbian, my iPhone has gotten me all of zero action, mostly because everyone has one. Now, being a white-collar professional with a steady job, that tends to be the milkshake I need to get the girls.
  • Reply 88 of 132
    ssquirrelssquirrel Posts: 1,196member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by skottichan View Post

HAH!!

Blazing Saddles is one of the best movies
  • Reply 89 of 132
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacRR View Post

Just the other evening the general manager of the Kona Ruth Chris came over to see how our meal was going just in time to over hear my GF telling me how she was going to give me my daily morning head, and just got done knocking boots this morning to see this pop up in apple related news. I own an iPhone and it's totally true. I get more play than a pro athlete.

What a disgusting, braggardly, and completely innapropriate post. You sound like the kind of guy that most women avoid like the plague.
  • Reply 90 of 132
    Translation:

Study find Android users have healthy long-term monogamous relationships while iPhone users are more fickle with their promiscuous one-night stands.

• Reply 91 of 132
    cvaldes1831cvaldes1831 Posts: 1,832member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iReality85 View Post

Nah, OkCupid is pretty open to bi-sexuals and gays. It wouldn't surprise them. Your comments might alarm some of the readers here though, but then again, maybe they won't.

Also, the survey covered 9,785 people. It's not about individual situations, it's a survey of a large body of people. Your anecdote is nice, but a single data point.
  • Reply 92 of 132
    Quote:

He did say "conservative", not Republican. People get confused on what "conservative" and "liberal" really mean in reference to politics. It's about fiscal matters. Someone who is a fiscally conservative Libertarian for example might be very open minded(maybe even more-so than most democrats) when it comes to alternative life-styles, choices, etc.
  • Reply 93 of 132
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Shaine_Michael View Post

He did say "conservative", not Republican. People get confused on what "conservative" and "liberal" really mean in reference to politics. It's about fiscal matters. Someone who is a fiscally conservative Libertarian for example might be very open minded(maybe even more-so than most democrats) when it comes to alternative life-styles, choices, etc.

Yeah, but who do you vote for?

(And, yes, I understand that "conservative" isn't necessarily the same as anti-gay: case in point, Theodore Olsen. I really just wonder what one does when it comes election time and you are faced with the choice of one party that would officially like to outlaw you, and another party that goes against everything else you believe in.)
  • Reply 94 of 132
    Quote:

Yeah, but who do you vote for?

I'm one of those Libertarians, and usually I vote for whoever most aligns with my views. Sometimes it's a Democrat, sometimes a Republican, and most of the time neither.
  • Reply 95 of 132
    Ho boy. Yeah. So....

First of all, if you really want to impress the hot chicks, get an iPad. Seriously. I'M SERIOUS. Great conversation starter

And that bit about iPhone owners being more affluent? Yup. We are. What else is there? You KNOW Verizon wants a piece of this market
  • Reply 96 of 132
    newbeenewbee Posts: 2,055member
    Quote:

They mean with other people.

Who knew you had a sense of humor? ... I love it ....LOL
  • Reply 97 of 132
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jimsong View Post

And having more sex partners is a good thing? To me, it indicates a lack of commitment, attention deficit (get tired of something new really fast, and quickly give up on relationships rather than working things out), and selfishness (it's all about satisfying MY sexual desires, even if I end up throwing other people out like junk when I'm done with them).

Quote:
    Originally Posted by KiltedGreen View Post

I think you are falling into the usual monogamy trap of equating a relationship of trust, love, caring and commitment with marriage (or its 'equivalent') which is understandable I suppose in a society promotes The Only One True Way(tm) to have a relationship as monogamy for life between two people of the opposite sex married in a church.

Thankfully, there are other valid ways to live.

Please note that I intentionally made the scope of my original post very narrow and stated nothing about monogamy, religion, etc. The statement that having many partners indicates a lack of commitment is true by definition whether you believe lack of commitment is good or bad. My statements about attention deficit and selfishness are more open to interpretation and debate, but are still a lot more narrow than saying that monogamous marriage is the only valid way to live.
  • Reply 98 of 132
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Shaine_Michael View Post

I'm one of those Libertarians, and usually I vote for whoever most aligns with my views. Sometimes it's a Democrat, sometimes a Republican, and most of the time neither.

The way I view politics, in the US at least, although it may be a common situation, is that one really has to align oneself with the party that most aligns with one's views, especially in local elections; control of the local political system conferring a party advantage in state and national elections, especially close ones. I suppose neither is a likely choice when faced with the political equivalent of the predicament of Buridan's ass.
  • Reply 99 of 132
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by newbee View Post

Who knew you had a sense of humor? ... I love it ....LOL

I don't get it. What's so funny?
  • Reply 100 of 132
    newbeenewbee Posts: 2,055member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SSquirrel View Post

No, that's Crackberry users

A slut fucks everyone. A bitch fucks everyone but you. Classic, but true

I'm confused ... does that mean a bitch is just a slut .... with good taste? lol