The Secret Of Monkey Island Movie - "Deep in the Caribbean" Trailer

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Ever wonder what would happen if The Secret of Monkey Island were a movie? Check out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GInQ9PUCFM

Yup, any fans of the game will know what that *other* movie was actually originally supposed to be. Enjoy, woodchucks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,326moderator
    Love the audio remixes. The Linkin Park video is some really nice work.

The POTC movie would probably have been more entertaining with the Monkey Island dialog and it's interesting how close they look in that mix. The squid pirate is ideal as LeChuck.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

Love the audio remixes. The Linkin Park video is some really nice work.

Thanks

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

The POTC movie would probably have been more entertaining with the Monkey Island dialog and it's interesting how close they look in that mix. The squid pirate is ideal as LeChuck.

Basically yesterday I was in the park for a break from work, and I was like, wait a minute... POTC = Monkey Island...?? I looked it up and indeed there has been some discussion on this on the Internets. But that's the beauty of the old school computer adventure games, they can have really immersive and entertaining storytelling.

Maybe it's better that Monkey Island remains untouched. I just saw the A-Team movie. Horrifically ridiculous