Dan Rather's Bias

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
<a href="http://www.fumento.com/adhdinto.html"; target="_blank">An investigation</a>.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    god forbid someone has an opinion.

oh wait, he's a newscaster, he's not allowed to have any personal opinions or express them
  • Reply 2 of 10
    glurxglurx Posts: 1,031member
    News is supposed to be information. I am quite able to form opinions on my own.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    Opinion is fine. Misrepresentation of the facts is not. Rather is rather bias but don't say so.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    aries 1baries 1b Posts: 1,009member
    I've despised Rather's reporting since his first broadcast after Walter Cronkheit's retirement.

Not as much gravitas as, say, having been a charter poster on AI, I'll admit, but I'll grab what I can get.

Aries 1B

[ 03-03-2002: Message edited by: Aries 1B ]</p>
  • Reply 5 of 10
    artman @_@artman @_@ Posts: 2,546member
    [quote]Originally posted by Aries 1B:

<strong>I've despised Rather's reporting since his first broadcast after Walter Cronkheit's retirement. Aries 1B

</strong><hr></blockquote>

He was a good field reporter in Viet Nam and at political conventions (remember him getting booted out of one in '68?). But sitting behind a desk and spouting off has been very boring and stupid. Guess he hasn't been the same since being assaulted by that REM fan...
  • Reply 6 of 10
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    I can almost garantee that Michael Fumento, who posted that spew against Dan Rather, has been heavily funded by Pharmaceutical companies. . . . anybody with open eyes can see that this "crisis" of ADHD is a hyperinflated hysteria that has very guidedly, swept the nation and made huge bucks for the industry, pumping tons of Ridalin into any precocious child with alot of energy, dulling them and creating self loathing . . .when that energy should have been creativily rechanneled.

Not to say that there are no real cases, but, if any of you know school teachers, then you know to what absurd levels of abuse this phenomena reached: every other kid on speed.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    [quote]Originally posted by pfflam:

<strong>I can almost garantee that Michael Fumento, who posted that spew against Dan Rather, has been heavily funded by Pharmaceutical companies. . . . anybody with open eyes can see that this "crisis" of ADHD is a hyperinflated hysteria that has very guidedly, swept the nation and made huge bucks for the industry, pumping tons of Ridalin into any precocious child with alot of energy, dulling them and creating self loathing . . .when that energy should have been creativily rechanneled.

Not to say that there are no real cases, but, if any of you know school teachers, then you know to what absurd levels of abuse this phenomena reached: every other kid on speed.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Ritalin is good in some rare cases, but i will never give this stuff to my childs even if they are hyperactive (like all childs indeed).

In France Ritalin is only delivered in hospital. By this way it prevent the abuses.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    spindlerspindler Posts: 713member
    You really have to wonder about these medicines that make kids more "normal". One of my best friends is named Josh. When I met him in the seventh grade, he was this annoying little nerd who blabbed and blabbed, and most kids, including me, weren't interested in what he was saying. But over time he got smoother and by the time college came around he was an extremely charismatic guy that could basically lead any social situation. He's the kind of guy that knows everyone and talks to everyone and he has a really great career in sales now. if ritalin had slowed him down and stopped his natural tendency to jump into every situation around him he most likely would not have grown into the same person he is now. Sometimes nature has a plan and it's not good for us to mess with it.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    Maybe he started taking ritalin?
  • Reply 10 of 10
    glurxglurx Posts: 1,031member
    Or maybe he just matured like kids generally do.