Pink Floyd albums removed from iTunes after record contract expires

Comments

• Reply 41 of 104
    mdriftmeyermdriftmeyer Posts: 7,503member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jbcaro View Post

Pink Floyd albums are journeys that should never be broken apart.

Makes sense for Waters discs.
  • Reply 42 of 104
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by christopher126 View Post

Idiots!

Yea. How dare they attempt to sell their music in a format of their own choosing. Stupid musicians.
  • Reply 43 of 104
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by daylove22 View Post

I am so glad I downloaded all their albums few months ago.

Downloaded? Or purchased and downloaded?
  • Reply 44 of 104
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mlarkin View Post

Piss on Pink Floyd and the Beatles. They keep the piracy business booming, and especially the Beatles have lost tens of millions in dollars for their arrogant stupidity.

Too late baby. Sell your stuff after you, Yoko, and your dumbass advisors are gone.

Let me get this straight. Pink Floyd and the Beatles are responsible for crime? They don't make their music available through legal means? Piss on music thieves.
  • Reply 44 of 104
    <<Originally Posted by OC4Theo

I saw these guys in concert about a month ago in Costa Mesa at the Orange County Fair (Pacific Amphitheater). They suck at singing and their performance was not up to par.>>

Yeah, they're playing all the State Fairs this summer.
  • Reply 46 of 104
    chris_cachris_ca Posts: 2,543member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by OC4Theo View Post

I saw these guys in concert about a month ago in Costa Mesa at the Orange County Fair (Pacific Amphitheater).

Not really.

-> The Pink Floyd Experience at Pacific Amphitheatre

Quote:

Go to Limewire, if you need Pink Floyd or Beatles songs. It is free!

This explains quite a lot, loser...
  • Reply 47 of 104
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member
    Quote:

I saw these guys in concert about a month ago in Costa Mesa at the Orange County Fair (Pacific Amphitheater). They suck at singing and their performance was not up to par!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by johnnyb0731 View Post

You saw a Pink Floyd cover band and not Pink Floyd

Quote:
    Originally Posted by studiomusic View Post

That would be quite the miracle.

Just when I thought the thread couldn't get any funnier....
  • Reply 48 of 104
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kenaustus View Post

So Pink Floyd is basically of the major music market in the US - downloads.

Give him a few months of smaller royalty checks and he may be back.

But then the Beetles have been willing to see millions lost from their refusal be on iTunes and other stores. Must be nice to be so rick you can turn away from millions like that.

When someone uses the words "artistic integrity" that can be roughly translated, "I'm full of myself and take myself way to seriously." They don't want to sell digital music cause they can't handle the sales records pointing out how much some of their music sucks.

Oh well, they'll never make it into my iTunes collection either way so big deal.
  • Reply 49 of 104
    john.bjohn.b Posts: 2,742member
    This is more about PF wresting control of away from EMI than anything else.

FWIW, the Floyd most certainly did issue singles. I personally own "Money", "Time"/"Us and Them"*, "Wish You Were Here", and "Run Like Hell". Though at present I don't have a functional turntable to play them on.

* The best double-A side single since "Hey Jude"/"Revolution".

Quote:

Give him a few months of smaller royalty checks and he may be back.that.

"Oh, and by the way, which one's Pink"? -- Have a Cigar (Wish You Were Here)

• Reply 50 of 104
    dluxdlux Posts: 666member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NoodlesNoodlemann View Post

Yeah, they're playing all the State Fairs this summer.

Seems that 'Wish You Were Here' is on the charts in Japan...
  • Reply 51 of 104
    bloggerblogbloggerblog Posts: 2,464member
    PinkFloyed the Movie was also removed from the iTunes Store on Apple TV!
  • Reply 52 of 104
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member
    Quote:

I saw these guys in concert about a month ago in Costa Mesa at the Orange County Fair (Pacific Amphitheater). They suck at singing and their performance was not up to par.

Really? Too bad. I saw a live David Gilmore concert recently on Palladia TV and I thought he still sounded great. Maybe they were not as well rehearsed as Gilmore was with his new band members.
  • Reply 53 of 104
    gmcalpingmcalpin Posts: 266member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mstone View Post

Really? Too bad. I saw a live David Gilmore concert recently on Palladia TV and I thought he still sounded great. Maybe they were not as well rehearsed as Gilmore was with his new band members.

Read the rest of the thread. Pink Floyd never played the Orange County Fair a month ago ? a Pink Floyd tribute band did, though.
  • Reply 54 of 104
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Prof. Peabody View Post

Another stupid, insulting "USA only" story that's not marked as such because no one bothered to check on the other countries?

Pink Floyd is still in *my* iTunes store, all the albums.

Another non-USA person with a chip on their shoulder.
  • Reply 55 of 104
    ruel24ruel24 Posts: 432member
    Quote:

Give him a few months of smaller royalty checks and he may be back.

But then the Beetles have been willing to see millions lost from their refusal be on iTunes and other stores. Must be nice to be so rick you can turn away from millions like that.

Him? Who are you referring to? There's no one person named Pink Floyd. It's the name of the band. You obviously aren't a fan...

I salute them. I'm sure a lot of big name bands like them and The Beatles don't like the paltry royalties they get from digital sales in relationship to what the labels get. Those bands continue to sell without any marketing, too. RIAA and the labels have gone berserk in a money grab and they didn't create anything at all.

I agree. You should never slice up a Pink Floyd album. They should only be listened to from beginning to end. It's the only way to truly appreciate their genius.
  • Reply 56 of 104
    icyfogicyfog Posts: 338member
    Couldn't care less. Buy them and rip them.
  • Reply 57 of 104
    ruel24ruel24 Posts: 432member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hezetation View Post

When someone uses the words "artistic integrity" that can be roughly translated, "I'm full of myself and take myself way to seriously." They don't want to sell digital music cause they can't handle the sales records pointing out how much some of their music sucks.

Oh well, they'll never make it into my iTunes collection either way so big deal.

You can't possibly be referring to Pink Floyd when talking about how much of their music sucks. Are you F'ing serious? Please tell me you're not serious...
  • Reply 58 of 104
    dluxdlux Posts: 666member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mstone View Post

Maybe they were not as well rehearsed as Gilmore was with his new band members.

I think he saw the Syd Barrett reunion tour.
  • Reply 59 of 104
    zoetmbzoetmb Posts: 2,654member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kyle76 View Post

Do you suppose they turned down the royalty checks when singles were played on the radio?

In the United States, there is no royalty payment to performers based upon analog radio play. There is an indirect payment to the writer of the song, through the publisher, by radio station payments to ASCAP, BMI and SESAC, the performing rights organizations.

There are payments to performers via the Sound Exchange for streaming radio, but that's another matter.

The U.S. is one of the few countries that doesn't pay performers for radio play. There are some movements to change that, but since radio lobbies still have more power than performer's lobbies, I don't think we'll see a change anytime soon.
  • Reply 60 of 104
    sdbryansdbryan Posts: 351member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by johnnyb0731 View Post

Pink Floyd never really released singles though

I don't believe that is entirely true. OK, I only bought albums but I thought "Money" was released as a single in order to promote the popularity of "Dark Side of the Moon".