Apple subsidiary to release FileMaker Go for iPad and iPhone tomorrow

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ecphorizer View Post

What on Earth do you mean by "forward adoption?" Or is this a new entry on Business Meeting Bingo cards everywhere, joining "curate" and "incentivize". Perhaps that should be "increase adoption" but certainly not "forward."

Sheesh.

I was going to say the same thing - what is going on where writers these days just grab nouns and adverbs out of the dictionary and shove them into a sentence where a verb should be? Why, especially when we already have plenty that would do the job in this case such as increase, enlarge, expand, extend, develop, broaden.
  • Reply 22 of 25
    rabbit_coachrabbit_coach Posts: 1,114member
    Too bad, looks like it's just a view and enter data app only. But then again for this small amount of money I shouldn't have expected any more. Still it's good they produced this app and I can imagine many people will find it very useful.
  • Reply 23 of 25
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KiltedGreen View Post

I was going to say the same thing - what is going on where writers these days just grab nouns and adverbs out of the dictionary and shove them into a sentence where a verb should be? Why, especially when we already have plenty that would do the job in this case such as increase, enlarge, expand, extend, develop, broaden.

From Webster's New Third International Dictionary (1961): forward \\"\\ vt -ED/-ing/-s{2forward] 1 : to help onward : ADVANCE, PROMOTE, HASTEN.
  • Reply 24 of 25
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KiltedGreen View Post

They appear to learn by watching Sara Palin playing at being Shakespeare
  • Reply 25 of 25
    Has anyone here actually bought FileMaker Go for the iPad yet and, if so, how well does it work?

I'm tempted but the purchase price is pretty steep for an app.