September=New iPods + New iTunes

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Apple will be announcing a new iPod Touch and iTunes in September but what do people think will be in the new iPod Touch. I would assume gyroscope, 5MP Camera, 720p HD Recording @ 30fps, VGA 640x480 @ 30fps Front Facing Camera (assuming Apple is going down the 720p HD Route), built-in microphone and noise canceling microphone, Wi-fi N support and Retina Display @ 920x640.

Post what you think the spec list will be.

No one has mentioned what iTunes 10 will have to offer (September is usually iTunes upgrade month). Has anyone got any thoughts what apple might add? HD Films in the UK? HD Music Videos? iBooks store added to the PC and Mac version of iTunes? Built-in PDF & iBook reader in the new iTunes so that you don't have to load adobe reader every time & be able to read books without syncing? Wi-fi syncing support to go along with iOS 4.1 (The new version with game centre support)?

Post what you think about iTunes 10.

Post you're thoughts before the September Apple events so that we can paint an accurate picture to use as a sneak preview before the September event.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DynamicAppleFan256 View Post

Apple will be announcing a new iPod Touch and iTunes in September but what do people think will be in the new iPod Touch. I would assume gyroscope, 5MP Camera, 720p HD Recording @ 30fps, VGA 640x480 @ 30fps Front Facing Camera (assuming Apple is going down the 720p HD Route), built-in microphone and noise canceling microphone, Wi-fi N support and Retina Display @ 920x640.

Post what you think the spec list will be.

No one has mentioned what iTunes 10 will have to offer (September is usually iTunes upgrade month). Has anyone got any thoughts what apple might add? HD Films in the UK? HD Music Videos? iBooks store added to the PC and Mac version of iTunes? Built-in PDF & iBook reader in the new iTunes so that you don't have to load adobe reader every time & be able to read books without syncing? Wi-fi syncing support to go along with iOS 4.1 (The new version with game centre support)?

Post what you think about iTunes 10.

Post you're thoughts before the September Apple events so that we can paint an accurate picture to use as a sneak preview before the September event.

I really don't think it will have a rear facing camera or GPS. It will get the retina display and a front-facing camera. Wireless N, I don't know... doubt it... maybe next cycle.
  • Reply 2 of 11
    Informative information and I am really very glad after hearing this news. I was totally unknown from this. And came to know after reading your this post.In future I hope from your side posting more stuff here if you have.
  • Reply 3 of 11
    finetunesfinetunes Posts: 2,065member
    One change likely to see is a 128 GB model.

Forward facing video/camera for FaceTime

Possibly slight change in form factor with new back--LiquidMetal

Retinal display (or may in next G)

All for $199
  • Reply 4 of 11
    I read the event is sept 9, is that right?
  • Reply 5 of 11
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,419member
    My hopes

Same camera as iPhone 4 including front facing in the 32GB and up models.

16GB, 32GB, 64GB models

Retina Display

iFrame Support

Same form factor as 3rd Gen just with added camera

Improved Battery life

More RAM
  • Reply 6 of 11
    Is the Apple Music event sept 9? What do guys think will take place?
  • Reply 7 of 11
    areseearesee Posts: 776member
    Why are so locked into the 9th? It's a thursday and most announcements of this sort occur on tuesdays. Besides the rumor mongers I trust are all saying mid month, not the first full week of the month. I expect the music event will occur on Sept 14, with the following announcements.

• Freshening of the iPods

• New iPod Touch with both front and back camera supporting Facetime.

• New AppleTV based on the iOS with its own App Store. (Because of the British ITV network I do not see the AppleTV becoming the iTV.)

• 3rd Party Apps for the AppleTV providing their own streaming video.

• Reappearance of the iSight camera to provide a video input to Facetime on the AppleTV.
  • Reply 8 of 11
    I read the 9th somewhere, I didn't know Do you think they will allow WIFI syncing so we don't have to use the USB cord & go through itunes?
  • Reply 9 of 11
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Apple_Fan_Boy View Post

I read the 9th somewhere, I didn't know Do you think they will allow WIFI syncing so we don't have to use the USB cord & go through itunes?

I think that USB will be required for all the iPods. Including the iPod Touch. I am not to sure about the iPad. Only the newer iMacs can charge the iPad and none of them as fast as its external charger. It would be much nicer to allow WIFI syncing of the iPad while it was doing a fast charge on its external charger.

Anyways, everything will still need to go through iTunes.
  • Reply 10 of 11
    I think that USB will be required for all the iPods. Including the iPod Touch. Anyways, everything will still need to go through iTunes.

What about the iphone 3gs?
  • Reply 11 of 11
    Yes, the iPhones will also go through iTunes and need a USB connection.

BTW we were both wrong about the event date. We'll see what Apple has in one week.