AVI movies in QT player ?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by WPLJ42 View Post

Perhaps Mr. Me can't read. ....

Mr. Me is an excellent reader who read your post just fine. What he read was nonsense. There is no reason that a properly functioning system should prevent the installation of Perian. That leaves a malfunctioning system. However, a malfunctioning system will exhibit other problems. I asked you about other problems. You did not answer but to snipe instead.
  • Reply 22 of 26
    wplj42wplj42 Posts: 439member
    Yes, my iMac must not be working properly. There is a fix. ASAP, I will be returning to the PC.
  • Reply 23 of 26
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    Quote:

Yes, my iMac must not be working properly. There is a fix. ASAP, I will be returning to the PC.

Buh-bye.
  • Reply 24 of 26
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mr. Me View Post

Buh-bye.

Won't miss any of you BoneHeads for a split-second!
  • Reply 25 of 26
    rob_06rob_06 Posts: 75member
    Quote:

I cannot get Perian to install. Using newest version (1.2.1) in Snow Leopard (10.6.4). Trying to install for all users. It hangs up after entering password every time, and locks up System Preferences.

Have you tried making a new user account and trying to install perian into that one only. Or try installing it into the main account only to see if it causes the system preferences to hang.

If it does hang when trying to install into one account only it maybe an issue with that user account.

As a test try making a new user account as a test account and then trying to install perian into it to see if anything changes.

For me it sounds like you may have some corruption or bad preferences file/s somewhere.

Lets know what the outcome of trying these things are as I can help to try and get it working for you more.
  • Reply 26 of 26
    Since day one, there has always been some sort of issue. Out of the box, the Tiger restore DVDs did not work. I later found they were for the mini. So Apple Care sent me a home made Leopard DVD and iLife 'O8. Leopard (10.5.0) didn't function with iMovie, and instantly required an update from Apple. So a brand new computer, and a brand new OS, already had something wrong.

I have not experienced an OS that is superior in any fashion to Windows. I am not going to worry about Perian. Thanks rob_06 for the offer.

I am 0 for 2 with Mac OS. First OS 9, now OS X. Something is always going wrong, just like it does in Windows. At least with Windows, I anticipate problems.