Starcraft II on the Macbook Pro Questions

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I recently bought a new 2.66 GHz 17" Macbook Pro w/4 gigs of ram & a 7200 rpm 500 gig hard

drive. I was thinking about buying Starcraft II but I heard that they're were some problems with the

game due to some driver issues/bugs.

I was curious if they have patched the problems yet? Also for anyone that has the same kind of

Macbook Pro & the game, I was wondering how well the game runs on it & what kind of settings

you can play the game at. Also are there any benefits from buying the game digitally on Blizzard's

website or is it the same as if I bought it from Amazon or Gamestop?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    mellomello Posts: 555member
    Come on. Someone has got to have Starcraft II & a Macbook Pro.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    hirohiro Posts: 2,663member
    I'm still waiting for my MBP. It runs fine on an iMac i7. Not all at ultra, but still very nice for not having a dedicated gamer rig. Blizzard says they are very happy with last weeks Graphic Driver Update, and are working with Apple for further improvements.

I'd go for it without looking back.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    cyloncylon Posts: 126member
    Runs fine on my almost 2 year old 15" MacBook Pro.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Blizzard doesn't make terribly demanding games. It should run fine. Maybe not at max details.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    mellomello Posts: 555member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cylon View Post

Runs fine on my almost 2 year old 15" MacBook Pro.

What setting are you running the game at?
  • Reply 6 of 7
    hirohiro Posts: 2,663member
    Just buy the game already. You know you want to play it, and someone else has older hardware and is happy with it. I bet you can have everything at High and be fine.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    I'm quite happy that Apple are getting Starcraft II (I've played the game and its helluva fun and addictive).