Smaller iPod nano without click wheel could be unveiled at Apple event

Comments

• Reply 21 of 61
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Undo Redo View Post

The click wheel is what makes iPods so great. You can operate one without looking at it. Touch screens are a pain for playing music.

You will buy what Apple tells you to buy.
  • Reply 22 of 61
    anonymouseanonymouse Posts: 6,860member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Masterz1337 View Post

We need the iWatch!

Only if it supports FaceTime.
  • Reply 23 of 61
    finetunesfinetunes Posts: 2,065member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Joe hs View Post

With a watch I constanlt find my self adjusting it to my current time zone. not impressed.

Not all of us travel to different time zones as often. Not too much trouble to change time when Standard Time and Day Light Savings Time occur either.--are we that much stressed about time--really?
  • Reply 24 of 61
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by daving313 View Post

Or you do not have to buy it at all.
  • Reply 25 of 61
    newbeenewbee Posts: 2,055member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Joe hs View Post

With a watch I constanlt find my self adjusting it to my current time zone. not impressed.

With GPS, could it not be able to do this automatically?
  • Reply 26 of 61
    joe hsjoe hs Posts: 488member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by FineTunes View Post

Not all of us travel to different time zones as often. Not too much trouble to change time when Standard Time and Day Light Savings Time occur either.--are we that much stressed about time--really?

Oh how I dispise daylight savings.
  • Reply 27 of 61
    lilgto64lilgto64 Posts: 1,147member
    Apple is expected to announced product xyz on Tuesday - but then again they might not.

Apple is rumored to be announcing product xyz on Tuesday - but then again that might be left for a separate future announcement.

How am I doing so far?
  • Reply 28 of 61
    Quote:

No, I won't. I think the current iPod shuffle, the iPod touch (for music) and all of their glossy iMacs are useless. I will not buy them.
  • Reply 29 of 61
    Quote:

I think the current iPod shuffle, ....... I will not buy them.

Actually I like my 3rd G Shuffle
  • Reply 30 of 61
    Quote:

Funny. I was close to writing a post which lamented the potential loss of the iPod nano clickwheel. Then something of this nature popped into my head and I said "ah forget it."

I personally would love to see the clickwheel stick around, but if Steve feels it's time for it to go then that's that.
  • Reply 31 of 61
    Quote:

No, I won't. I think the current iPod shuffle, the iPod touch (for music) and all of their glossy iMacs are useless. I will not buy them.

I will agree...I love my click-wheel nano with camera, best iPod I've owned. Does what it's meant to do flawlessly without trying to do too much (looking at you new Kindle and e-readers). And will be hard-pressed to give up my matte screen MacBook Pro anytime soon.
  • Reply 32 of 61
    "Smaller iPod nano"

This will be known as the 'nano-nano', and will be introduced by Robin Williams as Mork.
  • Reply 33 of 61
    sheffsheff Posts: 1,407member
    Smaller and no click wheel? We already got that it's called shuffle and it sucks.

If they apple does remove the click wheel they need to make the screen a bit bigger so you can use touch. On the other hand I haven't used a nano since the touch came out, so I don't much care about what happens to it, but kids in poorer countries will be pissed if nano becomes shuffle I can tell you that.

On a side note about TV, I have an erie feeling that it might be true that iTV won't appear during this event. I would be pissed, but I have a feeling that it won't. Maybe as a one more thing, but still. We'll have to wait and see I guess.
  • Reply 34 of 61
    sheffsheff Posts: 1,407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Absolutely right. That's why, for my money, the best small iPod was the little clip-on iPod shuffle. Very compact, and you could still operate it by touch only, even under a sleeve or shirt.

Totally agreed. I loved this thing until they removed the controls.
  • Reply 35 of 61
    Steve Jobs does not like buttons. Therefore you shall not have them. Period.

I'm sure you wont mind.
  • Reply 36 of 61
    Quote:

The click wheel is what makes iPods so great. You can operate one without looking at it. Touch screens are a pain for playing music.

You can operate a touch screen even more easily without looking at it.

Just use the gestures.

But what is even better, and nearly encompasses all the "without looking" operations that the click wheel provides, is the earphone clicker.

There is nothing you can do on the iPod Nano without looking at the screen, that you cannot accomplish even more easily with the earphone clicker.
  • Reply 37 of 61
    joe hsjoe hs Posts: 488member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Blackintosh View Post

Steve Jobs does not like buttons. Therefore you shall not have them. Period.

I'm sure you wont mind.

Although I disagree with the "you will buy what steve tells you to buy" sentiment that apple seems so based upon, I do actualy agree that minimallist/buttonless designs are better on gadgets and technology than there several-dozen button equivilants.
  • Reply 38 of 61
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Prof. Peabody View Post

Who wears a watch anymore? The time is on your phone (and everywhere else). Watches are so last century.

This just sounds silly to me. You're basically saying that you can't be bothered to pull your phone out of your pocket, so you want a thingie on your wrist to control the phone in your pocket?? WTF?

Just tie your iPhone to your wrist.

would love to have a ios type device that wears like a watch. many have tried and they were so bulky and stupid looking. apple could do one that really 'works' i bet.
  • Reply 39 of 61
    Quote:

Sweet, I can see my album artwork even clearer now with retina display! And of course they'll introduce a camera for Face Time on the Touch, that would have been great last year, but then you'd cannibalize the iPhone 4 (since it only works over Wi-Fi)! I love the Apple innovation cycle!

Camera in last year's iPod touch would have been a misstep. Like you said, it would have cut into iPhone 4 sales AND there would have been no 'One More Thing'.
  • Reply 40 of 61
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by screamingfist View Post

would love to have a ios type device that wears like a watch. many have tried and they were so bulky and stupid looking. apple could do one that really 'works' i bet.

Just say no.

An argument could be made that there hasn't been a watch yet that *isn't* "bulky and stupid looking."