Videos emerge of possible iPod Touch, iPod Nano parts

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Unconfirmed videos posted on YouTube show screen parts consistent with prior rumors about upcoming iPod Touch and iPod Nano updates.

The videos, which were posted by iPod.dj, feature a user inspecting an apparent next-gen iPod Touch front cover and a small unknown square display. The square display resembles the 3cm-by-3cm screen pictured on the Taiwanese blog Apple.pro in July. Apple.pro and iPod.dj appear to be connected, with both sites displaying the slogan "More Pro, More Apple." iPod.dj states that it is "Powered by Apple Dev Team," while Apple.pro is run by the "Apple.Pro Dev Team."

Speaking Mandarin Chinese, the user in the video admits he is unsure if or how Apple intends to use the screen, but speculates that it is for an iPod Nano, iPod Shuffle or "iWatch" to be released at Apple's September 1 event.

The alleged iPod Touch front cover part shown in the videos contains a hole at the top, presumably for a front-facing camera. The video's speaker claims that early case manufacturer designs suggest a rear-facing camera as well.

A new iPod Touch and re-designed iPod Nano are widely expected to be released Wednesday at Apple's media event. Analysts are also predicting an updated Apple TV with streaming video rentals from one or more studios, possibly ABC or Fox.

In a rare move, Apple will broadcast the event live on its website. AppleInsider will also provide full live coverage of the event.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    first!

sorry man just excited.

My thought is that we will see a new tiny iPod tomorrow. All screen.

It will be called the iPod Micro. It will replace the iPod Shuffle. The Shuffle is dead.

It will be approximately the same size as the old clip-on iPod Shuffle. I have no inside information.

It will offer more functionality than the iPod shuffle, especially the button-less one that has been a sales disaster. It will be the stocking stuffer of the holiday season and will start at below $100.

The Nano will live to see another day. The Classic, a relic, may or may not.

My other thought is that this super tiny screen may make its way as a remote / pointing device for Apple TV.

Of course the iPod Touch will get video camera yada yada yawn.
  • Reply 2 of 11
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by madeincupertino View Post

first!

We don't do "first" here.
  • Reply 3 of 11
    feynmanfeynman Posts: 1,087member
    These videos do not show us much more than we have already seen.

Nothing to see here. Move along. Nothing to see here.
  • Reply 4 of 11
    sheffsheff Posts: 1,407member
    For all those who had the urge to find out .DJ is a TLD for Djibouti a tiny country in Africa next to Somalia where all the pirates are. And no not the Swedish kind.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

We don't do "first" here.

• Reply 5 of 11
    Hey look, another video originating from East Asia, confirming new Apple products. Is it just me, or are these videos taking the excitement out of product launches?

Though, at least this one didn't show us anything that we didn't know...
  • Reply 6 of 11
    What is the extra "line" on the top of white iPhone? They show a side by side comparison of white iPhone and black iPhone. The top of the front panel looks slightly different.

Is it a proximity sensor fix? Does it mean software upgrade cannot fix the problem?
  • Reply 7 of 11
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JakeTheRock View Post

Hey look, another video originating from East Asia, confirming new Apple products. Is it just me, or are these videos taking the excitement out of product launches?

Though, at least this one didn't show us anything that we didn't know...

Agreed. This isn't how I want to find out.
  • Reply 8 of 11
    foadfoad Posts: 717member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by shiyifan View Post

What is the extra "line" on the top of white iPhone? They show a side by side comparison of white iPhone and black iPhone. The top of the front panel looks slightly different.

Is it a proximity sensor fix? Does it mean software upgrade cannot fix the problem?

What you're seeing is the actual proximity sensor. It's not a hardware fix. The black iPhone 4 has it as well, you just can't see it because of it being black. That area needs to be clear for the proximity sensor to actually work.

Below is a product shot of the white iPhone 4 from when it was announced and you can see it present there.

http://images.apple.com/iphone/galle...2-20100607.jpg
  • Reply 9 of 11
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    edit: Pipped by foad.
  • Reply 10 of 11
    I predict that in less than 24hrs this post and all related post will become obsolete.
  • Reply 11 of 11
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by artistx View Post

I predict that in less than 24hrs this post and all related post will become obsolete.

Isn't that true of most newspapers and TV news? The future & present keep whooshing by into the past.

- Jasen.