64-bit iLife '11 said to arrive in August with a 'mystery' application

12345679»

Comments

• Reply 161 of 177
    stzozostzozo Posts: 18member
    You mean... nothing !

I think APPLE is getting a bit LAZY with the iLife next generation !

I'm starting to think that ADOBE (FLASH) as put alot of pressure

on what APPLE CAN DO or CAN'T DO ?
  • Reply 162 of 177
    My hope for the mystery application isa version of Bento. Apple owns FIleMaker so there is no reason why it can't be transferred over.

Bento would also fill out the iWork suite. Having an integrated link between iLife and iWork would by an interesting approach to improving sales of iWork.
  • Reply 163 of 177
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    I guess this means no dice for August.
  • Reply 164 of 177
    Rumors be rumors.
  • Reply 165 of 177
    My guess is that just like iWork, iLife will expand to the iPad, and will be introduced alongside facetime-capable new iPads during the iOS 4.2 launch event. Oh, and also facetime coming to all macs trough a rebranding of iChat.
  • Reply 166 of 177
    Thanks for providing kind of information:-)

stainless steel dishwashers
  • Reply 167 of 177
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    I like to think that the spambots are breeding in the wild and producing some kind of mutant sub-spambot species that has difficulty fitting in.
  • Reply 168 of 177
    dfilerdfiler Posts: 3,420member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tonyweston View Post

MY THEORY: The new iMac's due out shortly will have built in tuner cards and so the new iLife app will be an equivalent of Elgato's eyeTV. This will integrate seamlessly with iMovie and iTunes. (...maybe)

This would be worthless to most people because it wouldn't be able to decode cable, fios, or satellite channels broadcast in encrypted QAM. To get beyond this would require outing in a slot for a card to be rented from the cable company. I can't imagine apple putting a cacle card slot in the iMac.

With that said, I love elgato's eyetv and wish I could decrypt encrypted QAM with my iMac/hdhomerun setup.
  • Reply 169 of 177
    dfilerdfiler Posts: 3,420member
    Another random idea: something social networking related, like a native facebook app.

I'm sure that thought is going to make some peoples' heads explode.
  • Reply 170 of 177
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dfiler View Post

I'm sure that thought is going to make some peoples' heads explode.

Yeah in the sense that I'd go crazy having to deal with yet another social network
  • Reply 171 of 177
    goooooooooooooooood
  • Reply 172 of 177
    What about an app that consolidates all your blogging and facebook and forums into one app? I don't know, call it iSocial. Basically an app that lets you read and update to all the different places you habitually visit on the net.

I was thinking something that could run in the background periodically checking and then giving you a status summary to look through.

Well it's a thought anyway. Though it kinda makes sense to do this in iMail and not so much iLife. But then again an app like this would be focused on content generation.
  • Reply 173 of 177
    kareliakarelia Posts: 525member
    My theory is this. If Apple releases a new primary addition to the iLife package, it will be a finance application. Here's why:

1) It's something that's used by a large percentage of the general computing population.

2) It's something that's missing from the current lineup of Apple general-use software.

3) Intuit recently released Quicken Essentials and discontinued all Mac versions of the standard Quicken variants. For those of you that haven't used it, Quicken Essentials isn't worth the install time, much less the price.

It makes perfect sense. Finance is a popular software category, and Apple could round out their general-use software offerings by filling the void that Intuit has created by slashing Mac support.
  • Reply 174 of 177
    macgregormacgregor Posts: 1,434member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mikeysbistro View Post

What about an app that consolidates all your blogging and facebook and forums into one app? I don't know, call it iSocial. Basically an app that lets you read and update to all the different places you habitually visit on the net.

I was thinking something that could run in the background periodically checking and then giving you a status summary to look through.

Well it's a thought anyway. Though it kinda makes sense to do this in iMail and not so much iLife. But then again an app like this would be focused on content generation.

I like this and it reflects the one thing that I like about the new MS phone 7 whaterver ... the idea of seeing facebook connections in real time w/o having to open a bunch of apps.
  • Reply 175 of 177
    mysticmystic Posts: 514member
    Well it wasn't August, it was October AND there was no new application. Apple didn't even update all the programs in the suite.

thread ended. plonk.
  • Reply 176 of 177
    dave k.dave k. Posts: 1,306member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mystic View Post

Well it wasn't August, it was October AND there was no new application. Apple didn't even update all the programs in the suite.

thread ended. plonk.

The mystery application was FaceTime... Apple just didn't include it in the iLife suite...
  • Reply 177 of 177
    The locals walk the Old Course allWOW Gold the time on most major championship public properties, the King David I of Scotland to the people of St. Andrews way back in 1123 granted. But some of them have more than walk withBuy WOW Gold their dogs in the late evening and early

morning hours after Louis Oosthuizen won the British Open. The letters and numbers on the scoreboard at the 13th Hole were rearranged toWOW Power Leveling someone named Rob Rixon at 9 under Show. He was joined onAion Leveling the board with Tiger Woods, who was listed at 99 to the endAion Gold.